UCONN-Creighton post game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN-Creighton post game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Other than Aubrey's injury, the biggest news from this game is that it was a quantum leap forward in quality of play for Ice Brady. She was tougher, more poised, and less prone to butterfingers than in any previous game. She even got, and held onto, several contested rebounds.
Not trying to be funny here but your opening comment reminded me of the "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" As far as Ice goes, she had a "better game" but let's not get carried away as she still had dumb foul on a moving screen and she keeps taking 3 point shots that she should NOT be taking-EVER. She's 2 for 12 and her form is not so great and is why Geno made comment about her after the last game against Marquette, "I've got a 6'3" freshman who wants to shoot from the wing". she's got to understand her role better if we truly want to make a run.

Reaction Score
The and 1 from ash is def what this team needs. Those drives are what UConn needed last year
I really see a difference in how they are driving this year and I attribute it to Tonya. There were great drivers when she was first at UConn and she always had great driving guards at Temple too. They just have better attack and angles this year that get them to the line....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
6FAD0FC7-B629-4F0B-9444-F836B77AD302.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not trying to be funny here but your opening comment reminded me of the "other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" As far as Ice goes, she had a "better game" but let's not get carried away as she still had dumb foul on a moving screen and she keeps taking 3 point shots that she should NOT be taking-EVER. She's 2 for 12 and her form is not so great and is why Geno made comment about her after the last game against Marquette, "I've got a 6'3" freshman who wants to shoot from the wing". she's got to understand her role better if we truly want to make a run.
Ice wants to be another Azura which is not something this team needs. We've got enough (very good) outside shooters on this team: Paige 53%, KK 44%, Q 42%, and Shade 34%. Ice is an overall 30% shooter, so at this point she shouldn't be shooting more than a few feet away from the hoop until she gets more time and confidence.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
My 2 cents:
Very rarely when a player is playing within its peer group, do you see someone perform at such a high level, that they stand out like a sore thumb. #5 for the blue team looks like a WNBA All star playing against High school kids.
People should look at the boxscores before they post. Q scored 8 points of the bench (2/3 from 3s) and had 6 rebounds, and someone said she needs to step up. Huh?
Someone else said Ash needs to less aggressive, another head scratcher. Through 12 games she was 1/1 from the foul line. She was told to drive more , which she is now doing and getting fouled. Since she is still shooting 100% from the foul line, smart coaching.
KK Arnold will be an All-American someday, she is the biggest difference on this team from last year.
Oh-Man!

I was getting ready to give your post a thumbs up. . . Then I read your last sentence :confused:

Q, Ash, KK, Ice, & Paige is what's different from last year. At the very least.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards vs Emma Ronsiek - Aaliyah with another double-double. She shot .9 points lower than her average but got 2.4 rebounds more than her average. Emma scored 5.6 points less than her average and got 4.7 fewer rebounds than her average

Paige Bueckers vs Morgan Maly - Paige scored 4.4 more points than her average, 3.5 more assists than her average, and grabbed .9 more rebounds than her average...all-around killer game. Morgan Maly on the other hand scored 7.7 points below her average and grabbed 2.1 fewer rebounds than her average.

Nika Muhl vs Lauren Jensen - Nika scored 4.1 fewer points than her average but, was able to dish 1.8 more assists (got her 500th career assist) than her average. She also got 1 more rebound than her average.

Ashlynn Shade vs Mallory Brake - Ashlynn scored 7.8 more points than her average and was able to get 2.9 more rebounds than her average. Mallory Brake was held scoreless (4.5 points below her average). Mallory also was unable to pull down any rebounds (4.9 rebounds below her average).

KK Arnold vs Molly Mogensen - KK scored 7.5 points above her average and .7 rebounds above her average. However, KK did not have any assists which is 2.9 below her average. Molly scored 2.7 points below her average but she was able to get 1.7 more rebounds than her average.

UConn Reserves

Aubrey -
unfortunately may have played her last game this season. If this is true she will be greatly missed. We will miss her energy off the bench. We do not have anyone who will be able to replace her. Where do we get Aubrey's 9.5 points and 6 rebounds from? Ice will have to step up; Q will have to step up... Time for Bettencourt to step up. The bench, unfortunately, just got shorter. Aubrey was 3.5 points below her average and 3 rebounds below her average

Ice Brady - Shot the basketball right around her average but was able to pull down 2.5 more rebounds than her average.

Qadence Samuels - scored 1.7 points above her average and was able to grab 3.5 more rebounds than her average.

Creighton Reserves

McKayla Miller
- scored 1.9 points above her average.

Brittany Harshaw - scored 1.3 points above her average and pulled down 3.5 more rebounds than her average.

Kiani Lockett - was able to score 3.5 more points than her average but she rebounded right about her average.

Kennedy Townsend - was held scoreless and was 4.7 points below her average while rebounding right around her average.

Jamie Horan - was also held scoreless and was able to rebound right about her average.

UConn Team Stats

1. UConn scored 10.4 points
2. UConn scored 2.6 more three-pointers
3. UConn shot the basketball at 53.3 percent on field goals (2.3 percent higher than our average).
4. UConn shot three-pointers at 47.4 percent (9 percent higher than their average).
5. UConn shot 21 free throws (9 more than our average).
6. UConn shot 8 percent above their average from the FT line.
7. UConn got 45 rebounds (7 above their average).
8. UConn had 19 assists on 32 baskets which was right at their average.
9. UConn had 13 turnovers which was .7 below its average.

Creighton Team Stats

1. They scored 25 fewer points than their average
2. They scored 5.4 fewer three-pointers than their average
3. They shot 19 percent less on their field goals
4. They shot 19 percent less on their three-pointers
5. They made 9 more free throws than their average
6. They pretty much hit their average percentage from the FT line.
7. They only got 29 rebounds (6 less than their average).
8. They only had 8 assists (9 assists less than their average).
9. They committed 16 turnovers which was 6 more than their average.

Reaction Score
Few Thoughts:
*Feel so bad for Aubrey. She was having a real good season with the perfect role. Just heartbreaking!
*What an amazing win against a ranked team. While the 3rd quarter was a meh, UConn was breathtaking on both defense and offense. They made a senior, and highly disciplined team rush and just run around trying desperately to find an open shooter.
*I don't think anyone could predict such a one-sided win especially on Creighton's home court.
*Paige: Clark will be the player of the year but for my money, Paige is the best player in WBB in many a year. The smarts, skills, efficiency, mid-range, long range, defense, offense, passing, steals. Just mesmerizing!
*AE: Plays in an AA level. The other teams (especially in the BE don't have an answer for her strength and skills.
*Shade: just love. Just knows were to be in the right time. Love her free throw shooting. It is simple and almost never even touches rim.
*KK: wow. what an amazing game for her (aside then the fouls). Aggressive, goes so well to the basket and shoots 3's very well.
*Nika: not one of her better games. Some very strange turnovers. Her toughness is a clear asset for this team
*Q: love this kid. She shows so much potential and her game seems to be growing. She's a very good rebounder and her defense is improving nicely.
*Ice: Much better. Showed some toughness out there. i do cringe whenever she shoots a 3...just a bad play each time she does that.
A very good win against one of the very best teams in the conference!
Aubrey: we all pray for you!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Honestly, maybe I’ve just been an addled Cameron Brink fan for too long, but the most impressive stat to me is Edwards’ 0 fouls. To post up that hard all game on both ends while not once drawing a foul while registering a double double takes supreme discipline. She’s long been one of my favorite Huskies of the new guard and tonight showed why.

Reaction Score
That foul was Paige’s fault though, she has to wait for the screener.

Reaction Score
Aubrey’s injury is devastating. Felt like we were finally hitting our groove this season and she was the X factor. Truly devastating.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Few Thoughts:
*Feel so bad for Aubrey. She was having a real good season with the perfect role. Just heartbreaking!
*What an amazing win against a ranked team. While the 3rd quarter was a meh, UConn was breathtaking on both defense and offense. They made a senior, and highly disciplined team rush and just run around trying desperately to find an open shooter.
*I don't think anyone could predict such a one-sided win especially on Creighton's home court.
*Paige: Clark will be the player of the year but for my money, Paige is the best player in WBB in many a year. The smarts, skills, efficiency, mid-range, long range, defense, offense, passing, steals. Just mesmerizing!
*AE: Plays in an AA level. The other teams (especially in the BE don't have an answer for her strength and skills.
*Shade: just love. Just knows were to be in the right time. Love her free throw shooting. It is simple and almost never even touches rim.
*KK: wow. what an amazing game for her (aside then the fouls). Aggressive, goes so well to the basket and shoots 3's very well.
*Nika: not one of her better games. Some very strange turnovers. Her toughness is a clear asset for this team
*Q: love this kid. She shows so much potential and her game seems to be growing. She's a very good rebounder and her defense is improving nicely.
*Ice: Much better. Showed some toughness out there. i do cringe whenever she shoots a 3...just a bad play each time she does that.
A very good win against one of the very best teams in the conference!
Aubrey: we all pray for you!
I have been thinking about the NPOY, and while I agree with you that Clark is currently in the driver’s seat, I can envision a scenario where Paige edges her out. First off, the Iowa-MSU game demonstrated that the Hawkeyes are absolutely vulnerable this year. If Iowa loses 3-4 games this year in the BIG, particularly if Clark has to put up 30+ shots and hits a mediocre % in the process, some of the folks who vote on these awards will start to ponder alternatives.

Enter Paige Bueckers, the consensus NPOY from 3 years ago. If Paige continues to play like she’s been playing, leading her depleted team through the BE undefeated, beating ND at home, and most importantly, finding some way to beat an undefeated SC on the road with say a miracle 3-pt shot from Paige that bounces 10’ in the air and goes in, then maybe, just maybe Paige steals the NPOY from Clark. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom