UConn @ BC -- 9/10/16? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UConn @ BC -- 9/10/16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Yawkey wants to brag about BC's 1 (?) National Championship in football, can Yale fans brag about their 17 national championships?
I'd say so. Its a free country.... so I suppose if the Yalies want "to brag" on here about this, I'd have no objections to it. That said, not sure this site has any Yalies on here, let alone those that might want to " brag " about something or other.

Reaction Score
BC decided to help the racists by keeping starting fullback home because of JIM CROW, BC should have told the Sugar Bowl and the Vols that he will be starting in the game or we'll boycott. If BC and other northern schools should have done it if they got invited to the Orange and Sugar Bowls.
Of course, it was a different time, but Jim Crow laws was wrong.
BC did indeed consider boycotting that Sugar Bowl .Montgomery demanded however that BC go without him. He insisted on this reapeatedly according to the book published on this. He was a real hero, and said his players, coaches earned the right to go to the Sugar Bowl, and one player should not deny them that opportunity to play for the National Title. Montgomery's request was the deciding factor to go or not according to the book . Montgomery was BC extra motivation there at the Sugar Bowl vs. #1 Tennessee. That said, there is legitimate disagreements among the BC community today as to whether or not BC should have gone to that Sugar Bowl back in 1940 , or forfeited the game ( and their undefeated season ) by boycotting it. Montgomery for his part, was pleased BC went, and more pleased they won, and pleased again the team gave him the winning game ball when they came back. His family was honored at Alumni Stadium awhile back. He is remembered well at BC and is considered a real hero for his selfless act in 1940.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: Boston College, UConn schedule home/home series; 2016 at BC, 2017 at UC, source told @ESPN. Also 2 games in 2020s. 1st reported by @blauds

So looks like four games scheduled. Very cool, will be great for the entire region.

Reaction Score
The key of course, is the resumption of BC vs. UConn, which will start next November at Alumni Stadium. The Eagles will return the trip in 2017, take a few years off and then resume the schedule on an annual basis.

Oh, it's on!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: Boston College, UConn schedule home/home series; 2016 at BC, 2017 at UC, source told @ESPN. Also 2 games in 2020s. 1st reported by @blauds

So looks like four games scheduled. Very cool, will be great for the entire region.

Sounds like it's more than four. Starting in 2020 it sounds like it becomes an annual match up!

Reaction Score
So 2016 schedule has Syracuse at home, 2017 has Missouri and Boston College. Phenomenal job Warde. Man has been absolutely outstanding with scheduling so far
Do we have Virginia also?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you guys would really enjoy watching this series if D. Brown is still the defensive coordinator at BC. His defense is no joke, his guys play with their hair on fire, and with the struggles on the O-Line this will not be fun to watch. Let's hope he moves on after this year, i'm sure he'll get some interest since BC has the #1 defense. When he was here he had us ranked 9th.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Do we have Virginia also?

Yup...

UConn's 2016 OOC looks like Maine @ home, @ BC, UVA @ home, Cuse @ home.

Then UCF, Cincinnati, Temple, Tulane @ home and East Carolina, Houston, Navy and USF on the road.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Warde has done honestly a masterful job with the OOC scheduling. Given how bad we've been and our conference situation, I'm even more impressed.

Honestly if we could ever get into the ACC or B1G, I'd have a unlimited confidence in the future of UConn athletics.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Hmm, so what's the trophy for this one?
-the Lobster Pot
-the Chowder Pot
-New England Championship
-the Packie (I kid)

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you guys would really enjoy watching this series if D. Brown is still the defensive coordinator at BC. His defense is no joke, his guys play with their hair on fire, and with the struggles on the O-Line this will not be fun to watch. Let's hope he moves on after this year, i'm sure he'll get some interest since BC has the #1 defense. When he was here he had us ranked 9th.
My concern as well I stated earlier. We need to fix offensive line issues against his blitz happy defense. Glad we get a few years for the rematch at home. Hopefully these issues will be fixed

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The File Cabinet
The Grinder Trophy
The Manuel-Bates Cup
The Battle for Dannell Malloy's Heart, Not That We Actually Care

Reaction Score
While that may be the case, there was a 0% chance UConn would've gained admission to the ACC at the time Perkins would've been lobbying, presumably 02-03. We weren't even a full 1A member at that time, so any lobbying would've had to be for some kind of down the road pipe dream. That said, I've always felt that lawsuit was dumb and ridiculous - though it was as much spearheaded by others in the BE, including VT and Pitt, as it was UConn and the state.

The late '90's and early '00's was the time period though that I first heard the rumors that there would be a break between the football and non-football Big E members and that the football members may merge with the ACC afterwards. Unfortunately, UConn had Hathway as an AD from 2003 - 2011 who did nothing to position UConn for the split that everyone saw coming. If UConn someone like Warde as AD instead during that time, I have to believe that UConn would be in the ACC or B1G today.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, UConn had Hathway as an AD from 2003 - 2011 who did nothing to position UConn for the split that everyone saw coming. If UConn had someone like Warde as AD instead I have to believe that UConn would be in the ACC or B1G today.

While your comment is absolutely true, it's not just the change in AD's we desperately needed. The more important missing link was Susan Herbst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom