UConn @ BC -- 9/10/16? | The Boneyard

UConn @ BC -- 9/10/16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Thanks @Salzano14, do you have any links? Or is this just word around New England? Would be great to have our two ADs play against each other in as many sports as possible.

Salzano14

Deep in enemy territory
Reaction Score
I'm on work WiFi so can't direct link (we block Twitter) but you can probably find this tweet with a search of this guy's twitter feed --

mattbc03 ‏@mattbc03 12m12 minutes ago
Hearing Boston College vs UConn 2nd week of 2016. Source says Florida International was scheduled to come to BC but UMass willing to trade

This is just one of our posters however he is well connected and rarely wrong about these things.

There are other behind the scenes reports from some on our end in athletics that aren't really linkable.

Reaction Score
Giddy up.

Sounds like this is going to happen. Whether the date is accurateor not, the fact were getting to this point in the rumor circuit is a good sign talks are progressing.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm on work WiFi so can't direct link (we block Twitter) but you can probably find this tweet with a search of this guy's twitter feed --

mattbc03 ‏@mattbc03 12m12 minutes ago
Hearing Boston College vs UConn 2nd week of 2016. Source says Florida International was scheduled to come to BC but UMass willing to trade

This is just one of our posters however he is well connected and rarely wrong about these things.

There are other behind the scenes reports from some on our end in athletics that aren't really linkable.

Thanks for the info, Salzano. I'll do me some twittering too.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I saw a few reports on Twitter as well that said week 2 in Chestnut Hill. I'm so excited!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I just started to see this as well. If it is true, this is good on many levels. The 3 major ones are:
  1. close rivals need to play
  2. thaw in opposition for the future with a certain conference
  3. good for New England and if the game does well attendance and tv wise, it will help open more doors on the realignment front.

Reaction Score
This is fantastic news, but talk is cheap. We need to absolutely pack Alumni Stadium.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a one off with no return game.

Reaction Score
Still better than playing UMass at Gillette, but Warde has some leverage to work this in to a home and home. BC came to UConn on this one. They are in scheduling pickle...again. At least set a return date for 2018, 19, or 20. Doesn't have to be the following year. I've been a big WM supporter, but would be disappointed if this is one and done deal.

Reaction Score
No one has said anything anywhere about it being a one-off. And, once again, Bates is on the record saying the teams should be playing more often.

Reaction Score
Still better than playing UMass at Gillette, but Warde has some leverage to work this in to a home and home. BC came to UConn on this one. They are in scheduling pickle...again. At least set a return date for 2018, 19, or 20. Doesn't have to be the following year. I've been a big WM supporter, but would be disappointed if this is one and done deal.
He has been pretty good with getting return games. I wouldn't write it off until the details come out and the deal is finalized. It goes against his scheduling belief to just schedule a one off, so I'm inclined to think BC will be returning the game.

Salzano14

Deep in enemy territory
Reaction Score
Yeah I haven't heard anything either yea or nay about a return game but like I said in the other thread I have been taking it as a given that there's a return game involved, I would be stunned if there wasn't.

Reaction Score
Warde isn't about to let this be a one game deal. But we fans need to show up in bigger numbers than any other BC opponent ever (with the possible exception of ND). The entire UConn student section should get free bussing to the game. Our band, mascot and spirit squad needs to go. Our team needs to be led onto the field by sprinting flag wavers and our fight song. We need to overwhelm Alumni Stadium. We need to buy up every available ticket allocated to us and go on line to buy up any others. This has to be an invasion of the Husky faithful. And our PR folks have to get all of the NESN's and other media outlets hyping the game. The buildup has to be orchestrated--and it has to make this game a happening for the fans in attendance --and must watch TV. Some of our CT pols need to attend--and issue a challenge to their Massachusetts and Boston counterparts. Doug Flutie needs to be there too. This isn't UMass vs BC. It has to feel very different and seem much more important. The clock will start ticking once the snow starts to fall.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
BC finally figuring out UConn in the ACC would be good for them would be huge.
Easy there chief, it's a freaking huge jump from Twitter rumor of a one off game to BC not cock blocking us.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I can't wait to see what kind of trophy Diaco glues together for this one.

horsebobble.gif

Thanks for the game, You're still a jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom