UConn @ BC -- 9/10/16? | Page 18 | The Boneyard

UConn @ BC -- 9/10/16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UConn had someone like Warde as AD instead (of Hathaway) I have to believe that UConn would be in the ACC or B1G today.

While your comment is absolutely true, it's not just the change in AD's we desperately needed. The more important missing link was Susan Herbst. Her leadership and transformational vision was sorely lacking in her predecessors.

Reaction Score
My concern as well I stated earlier. We need to fix offensive line issues against his blitz happy defense. Glad we get a few years for the rematch at home. Hopefully these issues will be fixed
He is great a DC, but lets not fool ourselves. His defense are quickly solved with a quick passing game. Remember Western Michigan when they came into the Rent? Their team would go on to win 4 games. They marched up and down the field and scored at will on us. Time after time we blitzed and the QB got the ball in the air before we got there.

This staff is showing a willingness to tailor their game plans offensively to the opponent. With a year experience under our belts, it should be a fun match up.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hmm, so what's the trophy for this one?
-the Lobster Pot
-the Chowder Pot
-New England Championship
-the Packie (I kid)

-Cider Jug (besides Chowder pot, this is my favorite)
-Cobbler Tin
-Shad Plate
-Burger Steam Tray with Baked Beans

The possibilities are endless.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The key of course, is the resumption of BC vs. UConn, which will start next November at Alumni Stadium. The Eagles will return the trip in 2017, take a few years off and then resume the schedule on an annual basis.

Oh, it's on!!!!
It's good for us and good for them. It's foolish that it took so long.

Apparently BCU has decided that we aren't going to fade away. I wonder what they've heard.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The Chowder Bowl?

Perpetual_Chili__32693.1426190061.358.358.jpg

Reaction Score
The Snowbird Cup should be considered.

Personally, I would like to see a big Platinum Boot as a trophy. We get to hoist it every time we kick the crap out of them.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
BC did indeed consider boycotting that Sugar Bowl .Montgomery demanded however that BC go without him. He insisted on this reapeatedly according to the book published on this. He was a real hero, and said his players, coaches earned the right to go to the Sugar Bowl, and one player should not deny them that opportunity to play for the National Title. Montgomery's request was the deciding factor to go or not according to the book . Montgomery was BC extra motivation there at the Sugar Bowl vs. #1 Tennessee. That said, there is legitimate disagreements among the BC community today as to whether or not BC should have gone to that Sugar Bowl back in 1940 , or forfeited the game ( and their undefeated season ) by boycotting it. Montgomery for his part, was pleased BC went, and more pleased they won, and pleased again the team gave him the winning game ball when they came back. His family was honored at Alumni Stadium awhile back. He is remembered well at BC and is considered a real hero for his selfless act in 1940.
Leadership is about making tough choices. BC leaders should have made the choice, they used Montgomery as a justification. What else could he say? BC was wrong. All or nothing.

Reaction Score
-Cider Jug (besides Chowder pot, this is my favorite)
-Cobbler Tin
-Shad Plate
-Burger Steam Tray with Baked Beans

The possibilities are endless.

A couple of ideas:

The Yankee Roast Pot?
The Yankee Candlestick?
The Yankee Clipper Trophy? (silver trophy shaped like a boat)
The Golden Maple? (gold trophy shaped like a maple tree)
The Fall Colors? (trophy designed to look like a model of autumn foliage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom