UConn Baseball 2021 | Page 21 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2021

Reaction Score
I’m curious, does anyone have an idea to what ever happened to Todd Petersen and Phoenix Billings?

Along with Bryan Padilla, none of these position players got into any games. Don't know if they were hurt or what. Nothing unusual here. It seems that every season there are a few position players and pitchers who don't get into any games. In a normal, non pandemic year, they end up redshirting the season. Sometimes these redshirt guys move on to some other team, and sometimes they end up developing into a quality player somewhere down the line and they really end up helping the team. In the absence of any firm information, we just get to wait and see what happens, and see if these guys are still with the team during the next fall ball season.

Reaction Score
I'll be excited to see how we do from now on. I believe Big East conference will be streaming the first few games of the tourney on youtube?

@HookC22

Don't mean to drag it out or anything, but I see your point. I do love the rowdy energy of chants and cheers, I was getting very into it especially in the first game. These guys weren't there till the second. Rowdy and funny is one thing, I just think excessive bile and belittling just feels mean-spirited and in poor taste after a while, it got to be so unpleasant for me that I moved seats even though I was "on the same side" as them. Idk, different stuff for different tastes, I know players gotta be able to take some fierce heckling. Something about it just got under my skin, reminds me too much oh real nasty harassment and such. Not going to cast further aspersions on the guys who I don't really know though, they could well be great guys for all I know. I just personally quite dislike the vibe of intense heckling, makes me kinda crawl in my skin.
Understood and appreciate the follow up. I didn’t hear what they were saying so can’t comment on the actual words so if it was crossing the line then I’ll echo what you said.

Reaction Score
Along with Bryan Padilla, none of these position players got into any games. Don't know if they were hurt or what. Nothing unusual here. It seems that every season there are a few position players and pitchers who don't get into any games. In a normal, non pandemic year, they end up redshirting the season. Sometimes these redshirt guys move on to some other team, and sometimes they end up developing into a quality player somewhere down the line and they really end up helping the team. In the absence of any firm information, we just get to wait and see what happens, and see if these guys are still with the team during the next fall ball season.
Based on Todd Peterson’s social media, he may be home already. Not totally unusual as some years guys who haven’t played will head home once the season ends to play summer ball but that seems a bit early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Based on Todd Peterson’s social media, he may be home already. Not totally unusual as some years guys who haven’t played will head home once the season ends to play summer ball but that seems a bit early.

Yes, I've seen that happen before, guys who aren't used and get redshirted reporting to their summer ball teams before their regular college season is over. I believe Todd Peterson is slated to play with New Britain of the Futures League, and that league starts play in the middle of this week.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
When I went to the game, there was a squad of injured players who sat behind me. One of them was really tall and had hip surgery but did not look close to playing. The height fits Peterson's profile.

Additionally, the injured players don't go on the road with the team so that means their season really is done unless we host a regional!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When I went to the game, there was a squad of injured players who sat behind me. One of them was really tall and had hip surgery but did not look close to playing. The height fits Peterson's profile.

Additionally, the injured players don't go on the road with the team so that means their season really is done unless we host a regional!!

Another player who sat out the season with a hip injury is catcher Ryan Hyde. However, he is several inches shorter than Todd Peterson, so he would not seem to fit the profile of the player you saw. By the way, Peterson is still listed on the New Britain Bees summer ball roster.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol I’m not saying that, the media is saying that.

I hope they play Crieghton and win 20-0
Fully agree. Don't really know the Creighton fanbase but given all the twitter whining about our regular season championship, I wouldn't mind making a statement.

Reaction Score

Actually caught this on the radio riding home from work, just when my mind was drifting again towards the upcoming tournament too lol. Looking forward to more Husky Dominance come Thursday, and beyond I hope.

Reaction Score

Noticed this as well on the broadcast. I snagged a video of it on my phone as well, probably too long to post here

I missed that but Barnes is the closer now and hopefully in a few years Jacob Wallace will join him in Boston. During the Phillies broadcast over the weekend, they were talking about how Barnes came in looking to be the closer this year. In years past, he said he would pitch where the team needed him to pitch. So far, he is having a good year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom