UConn Baseball 2021

By the way, because the Xavier series was moved to a Sunday through Tuesday format, Chris Jones indicated during one of the games during the Xavier series that Austin Peterson might pitch the Friday game and that Ben Casparius might pitch the first Saturday game. This is being done to give Casparius an extra day of rest.

By the way, because the Xavier series was moved to a Sunday through Tuesday format, Chris Jones indicated during one of the games during the Xavier series that Austin Peterson might pitch the Friday game and that Ben Casparius might pitch the first Saturday game. This is being done to give Casparius an extra day of rest.
That has been overcome by events. Fridays game is postponed (announcement forthcoming), potential double header Saturday and Sunday.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
I noticed on my DVR that UConn vs Butler on Sunday is being broadcast by WCCT-20. My DVR has a start time of 1 pm, but UConnHuskies.com shows the start as 12:05.

That has been overcome by events. Fridays game is postponed (announcement forthcoming), potential double header Saturday and Sunday.

Given that our hopes on getting back in the conversation for an at large bid probably requires sweeping a home series like this, having to win back to back doubleheaders is not the way you'd want to set it up.

Given that our hopes on getting back in the conversation for an at large bid probably requires sweeping a home series like this, having to win back to back doubleheaders is not the way you'd want to set it up.
... but if it has to be, I’m glad it’s @ home and not having to worry about a travel roster.

Alternate access link here<<

->But returning to play a season for his state school was hardly all about the money for Casparius. UConn was the preseason favorite to win the Big East in its first season back in the conference, and Casparius truly believes the Huskies, who have been a bit inconsistent at 18-14 overall, have the talent to reach the College World Series for the first time since 1979.

And even if the Huskies fall short, Ben Casparius has no regrets. “It was the best decision I’ve ever made, and probably the most fun I’ve ever had playing on a field and traveling with this group of guys,” he said. “I wouldn’t have changed that for the world.” <-

Some really good insight into the program by Penders (... and more info on this past weekend’s schedule debacle).

Break it into bite size pieces if you need to. The MLB scout and recruiting sound bites are fascinating (more towards the end of the piece).

Some really good insight into the program by Penders (... and more info on this past weekend’s schedule debacle).

Just finished listening to it with "Bull Durham" on the television in the background. Not a bad combination at all. 40+ minutes or so, but with Penders talking, it certainly isn't dull. As usual, some interesting stuff as well.

UConn Baseball Stats thru St. John's series (1 of 3):

Baseball Stat 1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wbbnut

Top Bottom