Some key guys of note:
Frank Mozzicato (42)
Ben Casparius (165)
Kyler Fedko (224)
Pat Winkel (227)
Owen Kellington (339)

Reaction Score
Todd Petersen is in the transfer portal as well now

This is hardly a surprise to me. Among UConn position players I would think that Todd Petersen is a prime transfer candidate. I know there were reports that he had an injury, but he got no playing time after getting some the season before. That plus Chris Brown seems to have a fairly secure hold on the 3B spot in the lineup. UConn baseball has plenty of bodies swimming around on the roster from last season, and they have a bunch of guys who are also coming into the program at various levels of experience. By the way, one of the incoming freshmen for next season is his brother Jack, who is also an infielder.

Reaction Score
This is hardly a surprise to me. Among UConn position players I would think that Todd Petersen is a prime transfer candidate. I know there were reports that he had an injury, but he got no playing time after getting some the season before. That plus Chris Brown seems to have a fairly secure hold on the 3B spot in the lineup. UConn baseball has plenty of bodies swimming around on the roster from last season, and they have a bunch of guys who are also coming into the program at various levels of experience. By the way, one of the incoming freshmen for next season is his brother Jack, who is also an infielder.
Your last point makes me wonder if Petersen’s brother will transfer as well

Reaction Score
Your last point makes me wonder if Petersen’s brother will transfer as well

Technically, in order to transfer you have to show up in the first place. Still, we'll see if he is in Storrs this fall. It also wouldn't surprise me if another California JUCO or two that we don't know about yet turn up on the fall ball roster.

Reaction Score
Todd Petersen is in the transfer portal as well now

Colby Dunlop and Joe Simeone are now listed in the transfer portal kept by D1baseball.com. Dunlop is listed as a grad transfer.

Reaction Score
Colby Dunlop and Joe Simeone are now listed in the transfer portal kept by D1baseball.com. Dunlop is listed as a grad transfer.
Glad to see they fixed the Connecticut v. UCONN double listing ;) (incredible number of kids across college baseball in the portal).

1625071453905.png

Reaction Score
Glad to see they fixed the Connecticut v. UCONN double listing ;) (incredible number of kids across college baseball in the portal).

View attachment 68284

I was going to write them about it as well, but never got around to it. Good job.

Also good that the sorting by columns was fixed as well. A valuable tool, especially with the huge number of players in the portal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regarding Simeone and Dunlop- this is probably best for all involved. I wish them luck

The other thing to consider is that UConn has a boat load of pitchers coming into the program. I've counted 14 freshmen and transfers (this does include Mozzicato, but is certainly no indication of whether or not he winds up in Storrs in the fall). In addition, there are 4 other pitchers on the roster who did not play last season (some due to injury), not to mention various other returning players. There is no doubt going to be plenty of competition for spots on the roster and time on the mound during actual games. I'm sure Simeone and Dunlop are not blind to this numbers crunch, so to speak.

It's still early in the summer ball season as well, but a number of the UConn pitchers playing this summer have had some nice outings on the mound. Of course, success in summer ball doesn't necessarily translate to success during the regular college season. But still, it is definitely nice to see and gets me interested about next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OF Ben Maycock listed in D1Baseball Transfer Portal Tracker tonight as Grad Transfer.

Can't say I'm surprised, as he pretty much ran out of his chances to be a regular at UConn this past season. Maycock did have multiple opportunities to win a regular spot in the lineup, but never was able to hold onto these jobs due to his lack of production. I admit to always being intrigued by Maycock's potential, but like Simeone things just never panned out for him. Still, I'll miss Maycock, but it is probably best for him to move on. I always had an odd enjoyment at the stat lines he would produce in summer ball.

Reaction Score
My way too early predictions for Opening Day lineup and I don't know any new players other than the C who has been mentioned in the recruiting section. Of course I know there will be transfers, but this is going off what we have today.

LF- Stock
CF - Simmons
RF- Ferrer
3B- Brown
SS- Padilla
2B- Fedko (Hope) More than likely - David Smith
1B- Crawford
C- Garbowski
DH - ?? Some newcomer or Ferrer and newcomer in RF

It's mid summer, and with a chance to see what is going on with summer ball and with the MLB draft and all, and guess who might be back for another year. Figure I'll throw in my still early guess to the starting lineup for next season.

C - No one is standing out in summer ball, but I would imagine at this point that Garbowski and Donlan will split the position.
1B - Crawford. When Crawford is pitching, Ben Huber.
2B - Christian Fedko
SS - Bushling - Looking like the middle of the infield very well could be back.
3B - Chris Brown - Having a lousy summer with the bat in Vermont of the Futures League, but he had a nice first season in Storrs at 3B, so no reason to think he is not the front runner.
RF - Erik Stock - Another guy who looks like he might be back in the fall.
CF - TC Simmons
LF - David Smith - Having a very nice summer ball season, could find himself in the infield if either Fedko or Bushling don't come back.
D.H. - Kevin Ferrer - Ferrer hasn't played any summer ball yet. It would also not be a surprise to me to see Crawford and Huber getting shots at D.H. as well

Reaction Score
Gonna miss these guys.

All key contributors.

Hope we have some good new guys in the fold.

Reaction Score
CFed and Stock coming back, along with Crawford and the other returning bats, would make a huge difference. The lineup will not likely be as stacked top to bottom as it was this year, but that’s enough of a big 3 in the middle if others like Brown and Bushling and Ferrer can just improve modestly on their performances of this season.

Reaction Score
CFed and Stock coming back, along with Crawford and the other returning bats, would make a huge difference. The lineup will not likely be as stacked top to bottom as it was this year, but that’s enough of a big 3 in the middle if others like Brown and Bushling and Ferrer can just improve modestly on their performances of this season.

Agreed. Assuming Christian Fedko, Stock, and Bushling are back next season (and to me it is looking like that is the case), the lineup should be in okay shape. Also hoping that TC Simmons and David Smith (who is looking good in summer ball) turn into productive players as well. Sooner or later UConn recruiting will need to provide some productive players with incoming freshmen and other youngsters for the following seasons, but next season the offense looks like it could still be in good shape

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom