UConn Athletics and SUBOG Announce First Night x Fall Concert (Friday 10/18) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics and SUBOG Announce First Night x Fall Concert (Friday 10/18)

Reaction Score
Went to the tpain spring weekend concert back in 08 I think. Flo-rida opened up for him in a rather entertaining concert. T-pain live is engaging and fun to watch and listen to. He also has some solid hits.

Not sure why people gotta complain about a free concert that no one is forcing anyone to go to. You can watch the entrances and the little scrimmage and leave if you don’t want to get entertained for free. T-Pain is wildly successful and a decent get compared to the past first night special guest singers.

C

Chief00

Maybe next year someone will ask Chief to hook up Meek? Or maybe not?
Opportunities don’t exist for those who can’t see them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Same, but but we probably are not his target audience.

No doubt about that. I've never ever heard a song by Jay Z either, but I at least know who he is. This guy?

Seems he had a #1 album at some point. Not sure how anyone can complain if it's free. It may not be Pearl Jam playing a free show when I was at KU in 1992, but free is free.

Reaction Score
I’ve literally never even heard of him until now.

He was extremely popular in like the 2007-2010 range. Not only with his own music but he was a guest feature on dozens of hit songs. He popularized the autotune sound in hip-hop (one of the downfalls of hip-hop music imo).

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Maybe because TPain won the masked singer competition the school thinks he’s somehow relevant now.

And Gampel doesn’t service alcohol so no one can Buy U A Drank or be a Bartender.

I never think of his actual songs. I think of him as that guy from 2007 who was featured in everything....

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He was extremely popular in like the 2007-2010 range. Not only with his own music but he was a guest feature on dozens of hit songs. He popularized the autotune sound in hip-hop (one of the downfalls of hip-hop music imo).

Dude, it seemed he was in everything in 2007.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but if Bartender doesn’t get you up and vibing you’re a lost soul, be you 17 or 77

Best-worst hook in music history?

She made us drinks
To drink
We drunk em
Got drunk
I like TPain as much as the next guy (who likes him okay) but Bartender has always struck me as a snoozer. That's supposed to get you up for the club?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
have you ever heard the line from the song "All I do is win win win, no matter what"

Well, that's him.
Stole that from T-Brady.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No doubt about that. I've never ever heard a song by Jay Z either, but I at least know who he is. This guy?

Seems he had a #1 album at some point. Not sure how anyone can complain if it's free. It may not be Pearl Jam playing a free show when I was at KU in 1992, but free is free.
In before one of the young pups. Pearl Jam who?

Reaction Score
I like TPain as much as the next guy (who likes him okay) but Bartender has always struck me as a snoozer. That's supposed to get you up for the club?
I said vibing, not amped/hyped. Something for either way early in the night while you’re getting your buzz going, or way late lol

I endorse that I don’t remember hearing much TPain our at the club during my years in Boston

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Went back and listened again after reading the news, hope the kids are messed up by the time he goes on, they're gonna have to hype themselves up.

Reaction Score
Our recruits were 4 years old when T Pain was popular. Who gives a about First Night, besides how it relates to recruiting. I'm happy to hear that T Pain makes 33 year old white guy nostalgic about college.

Reaction Score
Maybe next year someone will ask Chief to hook up Meek? Or maybe not?
Opportunities don’t exist for those who can’t see them.
I'm suprised this has gone under the radar so far

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas just announced Snoop Dog for their first night. Is this better or worse than T-Pain? I have heard of Snoop Dog and he was great in Starsky and Hutch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom