UConn Athletics and SUBOG Announce First Night x Fall Concert (Friday 10/18) | The Boneyard

UConn Athletics and SUBOG Announce First Night x Fall Concert (Friday 10/18)

Reaction Score

>>The performing artist will be revealed next Wednesday, September 25.

TIMELINE OF EVENTS
5:30 p.m. – Doors Open
6 p.m. – Show Begins
7 p.m. – Introduction of Men's & Women's Basketball teams
7:30 p.m. – Basketball Skills Competitions

Concert will begin shortly after the skill competitions.<<

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm thinking it will be Paul Anka. Just to fire up the crowd.
Nothing fires up a crowd like a good Destiny singalong.

Reaction Score
This is what URI did last year or the year before. Lil Baby performed and then they introduced the teams. The team liked it, idk how the fans felt about it. Combining the two, keeping it free for students and the public, and putting it on homecoming Friday all sounds like a pretty great idea.

Reaction Score
Is Black Box still performing? Could get them to play Strike it Up live, I'm assuming for the royalties we've paid using it as our game opener for the last 2 decades they might show the school some loyalty and offer a discount

Reaction Score
The concert afterwards is a great idea.depending on who’s performing

Hopefully they get somebody with a little more notoriety and talent than the carnival act they had last year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess this is great for the students, but for me, I say, pan the whole 1st night thing
Let's get down to playing ball!!!

Reaction Score
I guess this is great for the students, but for me, I say, pan the whole 1st night thing
That’d be a bad, shortsighted move. Other schools have turned “first night” into a major recruiting tool. We’d be wise to continue to attempt to do the same

Reaction Score
Yeah! Get em in Guyer Gym, lock the doors, cover the windows with paper Calhoun style and lets get this started the right way

C

Chief00

Agreed, while great for the Casual Fan, First Night has really nothing to do with competitive basketball and that’s Chief’s thing.

C

Chief00

Yeah! Get em in Guyer Gym, lock the doors, cover the windows with paper Calhoun style and lets get this started the right way
Calhoun hated First Night but did it for recruiting and fan engagement. You're right, he couldn’t wait to flip the page to Guyer gym.

C

Chief00

Word is it will be Jock Jams Live.
If true, it just drives home the point that they did not consult Chief. With some flexibility and some cash Chief likely could have landed Meek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Lol last time T-Pain was relevant we were in the OBE. I guess we really are trying to get back to the glory days.
Maybe because TPain won the masked singer competition the school thinks he’s somehow relevant now.

And Gampel doesn’t service alcohol so no one can Buy U A Drank or be a Bartender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom