UConn at #5 in new AP Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn at #5 in new AP Poll

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is an Absolute JOKE Do these people get paid for this???????? If so I want their job.
I don't think they get paid for voting. They do get paid by their employer (broadcaster, newspaper, magazine, etc) and have to be an AP member. But I don't think they get a stipend for voting.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
It's hilarious how overboard fans get about rankings which in the end are meaningless. What matters at the end of the day is what happens in the post season.

Although, I find it equally amusing and frustrating the amount of hate LSU is getting when the players are just winning the games that were put in front of them; and earlier in the season it was because they hadn't played a P5 team, then they did play OSU and beat them by 32, and then it was that they hadn't played a ranked team, and then we did and we beat Ark by 24....so I guess the goal post will keep on moving for this team, and that's okay because like Kim said....the best answer for all the haters is to keep on winning.
Pretty hard for them to lose, playing a schedule filled with cup cakes. The facts speak for themselves.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Kim has already explained why the schedule was made how it was made. It was made before the 4 transfers committed(Reese, Williams, Carson, Poole) so she was expecting a vastly different team. I'm sure she thought she'd pick up some transfers but I don't think she expected to land Reese. So I can't fault her for wanting to schedule light if the team she was expecting to coach would have most likely relied heavily on freshmen (Johnson & Smith). It is what it is.
You should be working for ESPN, you can really spin things. "Smile"

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Well, aren't you nice! Thanks!
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It's hilarious how overboard fans get about rankings which in the end are meaningless. What matters at the end of the day is what happens in the post season.

Although, I find it equally amusing and frustrating the amount of hate LSU is getting when the players are just winning the games that were put in front of them; and earlier in the season it was because they hadn't played a P5 team, then they did play OSU and beat them by 32, and then it was that they hadn't played a ranked team, and then we did and we beat Ark by 24....so I guess the goal post will keep on moving for this team, and that's okay because like Kim said....the best answer for all the haters is to keep on winning.
When you only play all but 4 teams in the top 75 in the Massey ratings, you shouldn't be gloating, you should be ashamed of it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

No one hates the LSU players; UConn fans are annoyed at the situation. No offense, but that was a bizarre conclusion of yours

Reaction Score
GENO has said and I agree, that the only poll number that counts, is the last one. Most posts by posters are their opinion of where their teams should be or hope to be and are not validated by any facts, only opinions. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
#5 isn't bad. I don't have too much of a problem with it. If UConn was #5 going into the weekend and #5 coming out of the weekend that would be understandable. The head scratcher is winning and dropping down. If UConn wins again on Tuesday do they drop to #6? Makes no sense right? Neither does dropping to #5 after this weekend. Win and get punished...

Reaction Score

But, but, but . . . we ALL want our weekly reaffirmation of worth through rankings! We CAN'T wait til the end of the season. We want it NOW! Head bang

We Gamecocks want to be able to hang another banner if the season shuts down today. ;)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
State has been leaking oil like my old 1989 Plymouth Acclaim, nevermind the fact that Duke went to Raleigh and ripped the fur offa those wolves.
I know it's not a media poll, but on my latest BY Top 25 ballot, I had Duke at #7, UNC at #19 and did not have NC State ranked at all...the first BY ballot I've ever cast without NC State. Too many other teams deserving of recognition right now.

I imagine a loss to Miami or Louisville (who I also had ranked on my latest ballot) this coming week will finish off any goodwill the Wolfpack Women has earned with the voters. That road win at Iowa earlier in the season can only go so far. OTOH, State has played a challenging schedule, the toughest of the three Triangle schools.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
No one hates the LSU players; UConn fans are annoyed at the situation. No offense, but that was a bizarre conclusion of yours
I don’t see where I said that people are hating the LSU players. If it came across that way, I didn’t mean it as such. I meant LSU as a whole.

But reading it again I can see how one could come to that conclusion. I apologize.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
What happened to the post that I replied to.

Attachments

• 05D3739B-3E83-4B9D-8A9A-FE101358F78A_4_5005_c.jpeg
    05D3739B-3E83-4B9D-8A9A-FE101358F78A_4_5005_c.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 80
Reaction Score
LSU will eventually take a few lumps, but they're a pretty good team. Overrated? Yea..., but reality is undefeated.

Reaction Score
I know it's not a media poll, but on my latest BY Top 25 ballot, I had Duke at #7, UNC at #19 and did not have NC State ranked at all...the first BY ballot I've ever cast without NC State. Too many other teams deserving of recognition right now.

I imagine a loss to Miami or Louisville (who I also had ranked on my latest ballot) this coming week will finish off any goodwill the Wolfpack Women has earned with the voters. That road win at Iowa earlier in the season can only go so far. OTOH, State has played a challenging schedule, the toughest of the three Triangle schools.
Speaking of Boneyard Ballots, :D here's my top nine based on QUAD ONE wins minus all losses equals power rating:

1.. SCar (7-0) = +7
2. tOSU (7-0) = +7

3. UConn (7-2)= + 5

4. Utah (5-1) = +4
5. Duke (5-1) = +4
6. Indiana (5-1) = +4
7. Michigan (7-3) = +4

8. LSU (3-0) = +3

9. Stanford (4-2) = +2

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We don’t have to sweat or question what some of those “obviously” biased voters think. I’m SMH. We don’t need confirmation from the pollsters to feel good about our team. The “eye test” tells us the truth, and all we need to know.

The proof and truth will be told when SC hosts LSU on Feb 12. I’m interested to see how high a seed LSU gets, and if they can win their 4th NCAA tournament game. Is LSU a final-four team? We’ll see.

Reaction Score
Patience everyone. January 30th is only a couple of weeks away. My guess is that no one will happier about the Tennessee game than Facility Services personnel working at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center because they won’t have to clean frosting and cream filling off the court. Should get the staff home a lot earlier than usual.

Reaction Score
The rankings dont matter?? They definitely matter for tourney seeding. I would hate to be clawing for a #1 seed all year only to let a team like LSU with a much easier SOC sneak in as a the last #1 seed. Sets up potentially a much tougher draw.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Pretty hard for them to lose, playing a schedule filled with cup cakes. The facts speak for themselves.
LOL cupcakes Cupcakes would might beat them. LOL Dont mean to be nasty but just thinkin it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The rankings dont matter?? They definitely matter for tourney seeding. I would hate to be clawing for a #1 seed all year only to let a team like LSU with a much easier SOC sneak in as a the last #1 seed. Sets up potentially a much tougher draw.
There’s a whole lot of basketball left to play before the Big Dance. The only thing I’m worried about right now is for the Huskies to get healthy and start firing on all cylinders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom