UConn at #5 in new AP Poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn at #5 in new AP Poll

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I wonder what Dorka thinks about seeing her old school undefeated, ranked so highly, and dominating a major BB conference.
This could very well be a problem @Kat because Mr. Speculation has it that all the throw pillows on her couch in her apartment look like this :eek:!

osu.jpg

Reaction Score

Being undefeated is only a flex if you’ve done it against a tough schedule.

South Carolina has played a pretty competitive schedule, Ohio State as well. LSU’s best win is against Arkansas (#24 at the time), who’s #37 in NET and no longer ranked.

Reaction Score
Figured without a blowout of Georgetown we would be down…
Just days before that, we beat previously ranked St. John’s by 40. Go figure. Stanford lost to an unranked team with no injuries; mystifying. This is why services like Massey are so are so much more reliable.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
LSU will eventually take a few lumps, but they're a pretty good team. Overrated? Yea..., but reality is undefeated.
Keep whistling past the graveyard as their schedule is pretty easy. Just who, exactly will give them their lumps besides SC?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
It's hilarious how overboard fans get about rankings which in the end are meaningless. What matters at the end of the day is what happens in the post season.

Although, I find it equally amusing and frustrating the amount of hate LSU is getting when the players are just winning the games that were put in front of them; and earlier in the season it was because they hadn't played a P5 team, then they did play OSU and beat them by 32, and then it was that they hadn't played a ranked team, and then we did and we beat Ark by 24....so I guess the goal post will keep on moving for this team, and that's okay because like Kim said....the best answer for all the haters is to keep on winning.
OSU mediocre Oregon State.

Reaction Score
I don't have a big problem with #5 TODAY. Voters have to base it on the current team. Today we don't know about Azzi and CD. The current squad without them is probably #5. With them #2 (IMO)

Reaction Score
Texas back in the rankings? SMH. I guess next we will see Tennessee in the rankings.

Reaction Score
I don't think AP rank matters. I think NET is the one they look at for seeding.
Don’t rating effect NET? I don’t remember anymore but I thought that was potentially part of the equation.

Reaction Score
I don't have a big problem with #5 TODAY. Voters have to base it on the current team. Today we don't know about Azzi and CD. The current squad without them is probably #5. With them #2 (IMO)
With them and with them both at 100% with 3 games to play together, I think we are #1 and it’s not close. Whether we ever seen that scenario this season remains to be seen unfortunately.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
After the Clemson victory last week, a reporter asked Coach about if it bothers her that Duke has been flying under the radar this year in regards to polls. Basically she said that she's never seen a little number beside your team's name win a game. The heck with a poll and uninformed voters (well I added that part) :p

coach.jpg
Unless she loses to Carolina this year.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter. Either LSU is that good and will beat South Carolina or LSU fall out of the top 5 after a lose from Dawn her Gamecocks. But I feel NCAA has a problem with Uconn basketball the men went from #6 to #15 so rankings means nothing unless you win it all.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter. Either LSU is that good and will beat South Carolina or LSU fall out of the top 5 after a lose from Dawn her Gamecocks. But I feel NCAA has a problem with Uconn basketball the men went from #6 to #15 so rankings means nothing unless you win it all.
The NCAA has nothing to do with the Polls.

Therefore, you cannot logically assert that the “NCAA has a problem with UConn.”

Reaction Score
It's amusing to track rankings and bracketology throughout the season, showing what team(s) are overrated, which are overlooked, and as Geno has said (paraphrasing), doesn't matter what the rank, what the seed, we'll play whomever & wherever we're sent.
It did matter for location and matches

Reaction Score
After the Clemson victory last week, a reporter asked Coach about if it bothers her that Duke has been flying under the radar this year in regards to polls. Basically she said that she's never seen a little number beside your team's name win a game. The heck with a poll and uninformed voters (well I added that part) :p

View attachment 83107 Unless she loses to Carolina this year.

I love Coach Lawson.
Happy Jeremy Renner GIF

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry where in that does it say that ratings aren’t a part of the algorithm? I read it a few times and missed it.
Are you really asking why the NCAA site isn’t listing something that’s NOT included? Are they supposed to list everything that’s not included? I don’t think they include the Boneyard poll, if that helps.

Reaction Score
Are you really asking why the NCAA site isn’t listing something that’s NOT included? Are they supposed to list everything that’s not included? I Don think they include the Boneyard poll either.
Well they don't actually say what IS included in the TVI. Its a bit of a mystery and there has always been speculation that rankings were apart of the algorithm.

Reaction Score
The NCAA has nothing to do with the Polls.

Therefore, you cannot logically assert that the “NCAA has a problem with UConn.”
They did when we was winning consistently and still do. When I say NCAA I mean the media, teams, coaches and players. The fans still pack the house wherever they play

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
LSU has played one ranked team, Arkansas. After beating Arkansas, they dropped out of the top 25. LSU schedule is loaded with cupcakes like UAB, George Mason, Montana State. Now way the should have jumped us and Stamford.
Arky has also struggled against mediocre competition, so they really didn't deserve to be ranked.

Reaction Score
the men deserved that drop, maybe even more the wqy they are playing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom