UConn at #5 in new AP Poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn at #5 in new AP Poll

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I thought we might get more love from the coaches poll but #5 there as well. Only difference is Stanford is 3 and LSU is 4 (flipped in AP poll).

Surprised that the Coaches Poll dropped us in favor of LSU. Kim's team has proven nothing yet. How many teams have they beaten and had only 7 or 8 players available for those games????

Reaction Score
The Azzi and Paige injury cloud will always influence our rankings. The reality is the media and the pollsters only care about them. They don't fully respect the rest of the team. They just have to keep winning and beating SC will go a long way. I think the board also has to be prepared that if it is a close game, they won't even put UConn ahead of SC if UConn wins.

Reaction Score
The Azzi and Paige injury cloud will always influence our rankings. The reality is the media and the pollsters only care about them. They don't fully respect the rest of the team. They just have to keep winning and beating SC will go a long way. I think the board also has to be prepared that if it is a close game, they won't even put UConn ahead of SC if UConn wins.
If we win without Azzi, no matter the score, no way they put us above South Carolina.

Honestly at this point we have a better chance to beat South Carolina in February without Azzi because its going to take a while for chemistry to build back up and figured out if/when she returns. Long term we have a much higher ceiling with Azzi and its really unfortunate that injury happened but right now our team on the court are the ones who have been playing together the most most recently.

Reaction Score
That would be ridiculous. Beat South Carolina and #1 should be UConn's. But I could see the scenario you proposed about a narrow victory, say in the single digits where South Carolina and UConn would split enough votes such that we'd probably have enough to get past Stanford, but not quite enough to dislodge South Carolina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom