UConn at #5 in new AP Poll | The Boneyard

UConn at #5 in new AP Poll

Reaction Score
Stanford only falling 2 spots (to #4) after losing to an unranked USC, LSU jumped ahead of UConn coming in at #3.

UConn has beaten 4 teams in the Top 15 of NCAA’s Net Rankings (plus Florida State who was #16 last week), Stanford and LSU combined has beaten 0.

Reaction Score
#3, #4 and #5 are only 4 votes difference.

AP poll.png

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It's amusing to track rankings and bracketology throughout the season, showing what team(s) are overrated, which are overlooked, and as Geno has said (paraphrasing), doesn't matter what the rank, what the seed, we'll play whomever & wherever we're sent.

Reaction Score
A couple of blowout wins and we move down the ranks. Makes sense. I guess a 15-point win doesn't carry much weight for this team anymore.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm not a UConn fan (Rarely an enemy though)

I am, secondarily, a[n] "SEC SEC SEC" fan. Yes, I have chanted a few times in my life.

I'm outraged that LSU is top 4....!
Hope you guys trounce them when you play, they haven't played a ranked team except for Arkansas who was #24 at the time.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm not a UConn fan (Rarely an enemy though)

I am, secondarily, a[n] "SEC SEC SEC" fan. Yes, I have chanted a few times in my life.

I'm outraged that LSU is top 4....!
Hope you guys trounce them when you play, they haven't played a ranked team except for Arkansas who was #24 at the time.
It's hilarious how overboard fans get about rankings which in the end are meaningless. What matters at the end of the day is what happens in the post season.

Although, I find it equally amusing and frustrating the amount of hate LSU is getting when the players are just winning the games that were put in front of them; and earlier in the season it was because they hadn't played a P5 team, then they did play OSU and beat them by 32, and then it was that they hadn't played a ranked team, and then we did and we beat Ark by 24....so I guess the goal post will keep on moving for this team, and that's okay because like Kim said....the best answer for all the haters is to keep on winning.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its pretty obvious that some of these voters either don't pay attention to the games, or indulge in a few alcoholic beverages before they vote.

One Triangle voter has NC at 8 and State at 17 while Duke is 19. I know Lobo is beloved on here but she also has both NC and State ranked ahead of Duke. State has been leaking oil like my old 1989 Plymouth Acclaim, nevermind the fact that Duke went to Raleigh and ripped the fur offa those wolves. Duke is higher than both in all kf the computer rankings.

Also, no way should LSU be #3.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
LSU has played one ranked team, Arkansas. After beating Arkansas, they dropped out of the top 25. LSU schedule is loaded with cupcakes like UAB, George Mason, Montana State. Now way the should have jumped us and Stamford.

Reaction Score

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
It's hilarious how overboard fans get about rankings which in the end are meaningless. What matters at the end of the day is what happens in the post season.

Although, I find it equally amusing and frustrating the amount of hate LSU is getting when the players are just winning the games that were put in front of them; and earlier in the season it was because they hadn't played a P5 team, then they did play OSU and beat them by 32, and then it was that they hadn't played a ranked team, and then we did and we beat Ark by 24....so I guess the goal post will keep on moving for this team, and that's okay because like Kim said....the best answer for all the haters is to keep on winning.
While conceding the points that fans get too invested in rankings and freely move goalposts in search of validation, those could be superficial coverings for something harder to identify or prove.

I happen to think Mulkey is a more proven coach than Staley. She has won one more championship and those championships were won with more varied rosters from each other. I also think she usually schedules enough elite OOC games to prepare her team, even though she then fills the rest in with bottom feeders. Usually.

This all begs the question of “Why?” It’s not necessary for the growth of her team; it certainly doesn’t help the growth of the game, nor to accommodate fans. I’m left with thinking that padding her win-loss record as the one rational explanation for her scheduling.

That’s a motive sure to irk opposing fans, perhaps even irk some LSU fans that would like to see better competition. It’s not a motive easily identified or proven so we bring up tangential rankings and move goalposts.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
While conceding the points that fans get too invested in rankings and freely move goalposts in search of validation, those could be superficial coverings for something harder to identify or prove.

I happen to think Mulkey is a more proven coach than Staley. She has won one more championship and those championships were won with more varied rosters from each other. I also think she usually schedules enough elite OOC games to prepare her team, even though she then fills the rest in with bottom feeders. Usually.

This all begs the question of “Why?” It’s not necessary for the growth of her team; it certainly doesn’t help the growth of the game, nor to accommodate fans. I’m left with thinking that padding her win-loss record as the one rational explanation for her scheduling.

That’s a motive sure to irk opposing fans, perhaps even irk some LSU fans that would like to see better competition. It’s not a motive easily identified or proven so we bring up tangential rankings and move goalposts.
Kim has already explained why the schedule was made how it was made. It was made before the 4 transfers committed(Reese, Williams, Carson, Poole) so she was expecting a vastly different team. I'm sure she thought she'd pick up some transfers but I don't think she expected to land Reese. So I can't fault her for wanting to schedule light if the team she was expecting to coach would have most likely relied heavily on freshmen (Johnson & Smith). It is what it is.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I don't think it's hate for the LSU players, I think it's more hate for Kim (which is justified) and LSU a SEC school (which is very justified).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom