UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately we only have three lefties... Feole, Gardner, Wurster

And Gardner has been hurt. Still, I would think Feole and Wurster should be a good combo for that first game.

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe and the New London Day find their local angle in their UConn baseball in the NCAA Tournament story in Avery Point's Mike Chiovitti:

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe and the New London Day find their local angle in their UConn baseball in the NCAA Tournament story in Avery Point's Mike Chiovitti:

Interesting tidbit about being cut by ECU after the IMG year.

Reaction Score
While it's too bad they didn't get sent to Atlanta or Athens it's probably for the best; Tech and UGA are good

Reaction Score
Here’s a look at Nebraska by the #’s (meaningless, but entertaining to look at it).

31-22 overall record (UConn is 36-23)
4-7 Neutral Site record (UConn is 11-3)
35 RPI (UConn is 29)
40 SOS (UConn is 43)
2-6 v RPI 1-25 (UConn is 2-4)
8-6 v RPI 26-50 (UConn is 6-4)
3-4 v RPI 51-100 (UConn is 13-11)
12-1 v RPI 101-200 (UConn is 13-4)

6-1 v RPI 200+ (UConn is 2-0)

Reaction Score
As for jerking around with who to start. Start the guy who gives you the best chance to win the game at hand. Our hitting isn’t reliable enough to support a #2 starter v Nebraska’s #1. This team just got curb stomped by Cincinnati... they’re in no position to get cute and play that game.

Reaction Score
Last 4 out were Houston, UCF, Missouri and Texas Stat

With the arguing back and forth between Whaler and Defconn on this topic I thought I was being a comedian by asking this. I guess I should stick to my day job.

Reaction Score

Double Elimination (All times CT)
Friday, May 31
12:00 PM CTGame 1
Nebraska vs. UConn
Live StatsWatch Live
ESPN3
Box Score
Quotes
Postgame News Conference
6:00 PM CTGame 2
Oklahoma State vs. Harvard
Live StatsWatch Live
ESPN3
Box Score
Quotes
Postgame News Conference
Saturday, June 1
Time TBAGame 3 - Elimination Game
Loser Game One vs. Loser Game Two
Live StatsWatch LiveBox Score
Quotes
Postgame News Conference
Time TBAGame 4
Winner Game One vs. Winner Game Two
Quotes
Postgame News Conference
Sunday, June 2
Time TBAGame 5 - Elimination Game
Winner Game Three vs. Loser Game Four
Quotes
Postgame News Conference
Time TBAGame 6 - Regional Championship
Winner Game Five vs. Winner Game Four
Quotes
Postgame News Conference
Sunday, June 2
Time TBAGame 7 - If Necessary
Same teams as Game Six
Quotes
Postgame News Conference

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Feole for 7, Wurster for 2, start Wallace vs. Ok State if we beat Nebraska!!

Reaction Score
More likely to me that CJ gets the start than Wally. But I would not be shocked at some point in the tourney if you see Wally, CJ and Wurster being asked to go the 9 between them.

But you can't give up on Kersten either. If you hold him for game 3 fine, but he pitched lights out once in FL before the debacle, and has been fairly consistent, if not overwhelming, all season.

Reaction Score
So Feole is going to start Friday against Nebraska. Just got to hope he has his stuff and he can go deep into the game, as it will help set up the rest of the regional for the UConn pitching staff. Besides, Feole really is the one hope for a UConn starting pitcher to go long into a game and help save the bullpen for other games. But hoping is just that, we'll just have to see how it all plays out on Friday. No question we're going to see quite a bit of Kersten (probably starting, but you never know), Wurster, Dandeneau, and Wallace in the other games.

Still, it is going to be tough for UConn to win this regional on the strength of just five pitchers. One or two of the other inconsistent pitchers on the UConn staff are going to have to step up for the Huskies to come out on top in this regional. Given his performance on the mound last weekend in Florida, I expect Colby Dunlop will be given a chance to show that he can do it again at some point during these games, possibly as a starter, or in another long relief role.

Reaction Score
Yup. We need vintage Feole, early season Kersten/Wang/Haus, AAC tourney Dunlop, and reliable Wurster/Dandy/Wallace to get the job done.

Karl Johnson had stints this season where it looked like he was about to join Wurster, Dandeneau, and Wallace as one of the standouts in the bullpen, but eventually his lack of control said no to this. Still, if you are looking for someone else to possibly pull out a Dunlop in the AAC tourney type of outing out of their hat, I would nominate Johnson. Still, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it at this point in the season.

Reaction Score
To win the regional I believe we need quality innings from Wang and Dunlop. I am not a believer in Wallace starting, he is too maximum effort to go more than three innings in a game.

I also concur that Johnson has shown glimmers of being a dependable when he throws strikes. He actually has issued more walks than he has given up hits on the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom