UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional)

Reaction Score
Which is why I suggest Colby Dunlop as a starter for one of the games. As it is, I don't think the five trusted pitchers in question (Feole, Kersten, Wurster, Dandeneau, and Wallace) can give you enough innings to take the regional. It might be a little different if one of the three relievers were a starter who reliably could give you 6 or 7 innings, but it is not the case with this team. Going to need some others to either give you a good start for several innings or a long relief stint amounting to the same thing, enabling UConn to get to Wurster, Dandeneau, and Wallace without them having to throw their arms off. Some pitchers are going to need to step up.
He was the best pitcher last weekend.

Reaction Score
I'm referring to the pitcher for Nebraska. not our pitcher. second Kersten looked like he was throwing batting practice. another outing like that ....

Reaction Score
He was the best pitcher last weekend.

Given how many poor starts Dunlop has had, and that last week's performance was out of the pen, even if you assume that he's being looked at as going 4 or 5 innings one game I don't see him starting. More likely he pitches behind Wang who seems to be the designated "once through the order" starter.

Reaction Score
As of this morning, Nebraska has not named a starter. Matt Waldron is by far their best. But, he'd be going on 4 days rest. There is speculation that they will hold him back, hope for a win on Friday and have him ready to go ((presumably) against OK ST.

Reaction Score
As of this morning, Nebraska has not named a starter. Matt Waldron is by far their best. But, he'd be going on 4 days rest. There is speculation that they will hold him back, hope for a win on Friday and have him ready to go ((presumably) against OK ST.

Your name is....suspect

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm referring to the pitcher for Nebraska. not our pitcher. second Kersten looked like he was throwing batting practice. another outing like that ....

I haven't watched many games live this year, more followed them here and checked reports, box scores. He couldn't throw a ground ball to save his life the other day. Is that normal? Even his outs all came on fly balls. That scares the hell out of me. Nothing is more critical to stranding baserunners than throwing ground balls.

Reaction Score
Isn't it time to set up Baseball as a separate category? away from the Olympic sports

Temery is looking for less individual forums not more... its fine where it is since there isn't much season overlap with the other sports (soccer primarily)

Reaction Score

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tomorrow is field day in the AM and movies after lunch aka Mr. Dream Jobbed watching on his phone

Reaction Score
Given how many poor starts Dunlop has had, and that last week's performance was out of the pen, even if you assume that he's being looked at as going 4 or 5 innings one game I don't see him starting. More likely he pitches behind Wang who seems to be the designated "once through the order" starter.

That is possible, but if UConn gets to the Sunday/Monday games they may need as many as five starters. Either as a starter or in relief, I expect Colby Dunlop will get time on the mound in the regional, let's just hope that he makes the best of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom