UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament (#2 seed in Oklahoma City Regional)

Reaction Score
Wondering who will start tomorrow. Thinking it will be Kersten, as tomorrow is a must win. Kersten is also really the only reasonable starter that can get us about six innings or so. I'm not sure if Dandeneau and Wurster are available tomorrow against Harvard, so it getting some length from the starting pitcher is something that is really needed. If not Kersten, I would think Dunlop or Wang would be the most likely guys to get the nod.

Reaction Score
Wondering who will start tomorrow. Thinking it will be Kersten, as tomorrow is a must win. Kersten is also really the only reasonable starter that can get us about six innings or so. I'm not sure if Dandeneau and Wurster are available tomorrow against Harvard, so it getting some length from the starting pitcher is something that is really needed. If not Kersten, I would think Dunlop or Wang would be the most likely guys to get the nod.

Dandeneau threw 40 pitches, Wurster 38, in today's game. I mentioned before that UConn is going to need something from a reliever not named Dandeneau, Wurster, or Wallace. Can't just rely in 5 pitchers in this regional and have any hope for winning. Thinking tomorrow against Harvard someone else is going to have to step up after Kersten comes out and before Wallace gets the ball late in the game. I would think Johnson, Mayock, or Simeone are the most likely candidates for this bridge to Wallace.

Reaction Score
It'll be a tough, winning both of the next two like the Huskies did at the regional in Clemson....tough but do-able.

....this board has opened my eyes some...I did not realize the extent of the support of college baseball in the NE.
Um, college baseball started here.

Reaction Score
Yeah...FSU is not very good this year...but Georgia must now beat them twice to advance. I never expected the Noles to get this far since they have the sixth best conference record.

The first meeting in the tournament...FSU did get on the dawgs
12-3.

Georgia is much deeper in pitching though.

As an aside...FAU is #1 in CUSA standings...but had real trouble with FSU and Georgia who knocked them out of the tourney... both opponents put up 13 runs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get what you mean as "unrecognizable at the plate" though....

UConn pushing in 16 runs just now....and FSU pushed 25 total in the two tournament games.

Both teams hitting.

Reaction Score
Moving to the 8th...FSU up 9-1 over Georgia...the dawgs' hats are getting tight.

If the Noles win this game against Georgia in Athens...they will probably play LSU in Baton Rouge....tough draws.

I would love to see FSU win this game against Georgia...one of the last four in taking out the national #4 seed on their home field.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Moving to the 8th...FSU up 9-1 over Georgia...the dawgs' hats are getting tight.

If the Noles win this game against Georgia in Athens...they will probably play LSU in Baton Rouge....tough draws.

I would love to see FSU win this game against Georgia...one of the last four in taking out the national #4 seed on their home field.

Let's meet in the CWS

Reaction Score
FSU wins 10-1....

Yeah...love to meet UConn in the CWS.....but beating LSU two of three on their own diamond may be a bridge too far.

They did FSU no favors...but a "last four in" team just has to be happy to be there.

Reaction Score
Just one heck of a day from UConn baseball. Where did the offense come from and that was some key pitching in the later innings against OK St. With many folks predicting that OK State would make it to Omaha and be a threat in addtion to it being a 'home' game, I would think the pressure will be on them tomorrow night. What does UConn's pitching staff look like for the rubber match?

Reaction Score
Is guess wang and Johnson would pitch early. It’s basically all hands on deck.

Reaction Score
Just one heck of a day from UConn baseball. Where did the offense come from and that was some key pitching in the later innings against OK St. With many folks predicting that OK State would make it to Omaha and be a threat in addtion to it being a 'home' game, I would think the pressure will be on them tomorrow night. What does UConn's pitching staff look like for the rubber match?

The UConn pitching staff is going to be on fumes. The ultimate staff day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom