UConn -10.5 @ Seton Hall | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn -10.5 @ Seton Hall

Reaction Score
I’ve always witnessed these reverse line movements backfire too.

I always question the % numbers listed. We talking number of bets on them? Are they weighted evenly? I really doubt they are.

They know people track reverse line movements. I know I pay attention in the NFL and the results are all over the place.

The big question at all times is the money on each side which we will never, ever see.

With that said? They’re just dangling it out there for people to take UConn. But your bigger bettors read that, so is it a game with the opposite side?

We will never know. Some of these games and spread movements are just serious mind games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t the spread be increasing if people are betting UConn?
How this works is eight small 50 dollar bettors bet Ucoon. Then two wise guys who do this for a living and bet 500 each on Seton Hall bring the line down. So 80 percent of the bets are on Uconn but more money is on Seton

Reaction Score
We keep running a weave at the top of the key doing nothing with it. Looking like trash.

We’re letting the Hall to get to the paint at ease

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Extremely concerned that DC’s foot problem isn’t going away anytime soon. Even when he’s out there he’s wincing and not moving well.

Reaction Score
Extremely concerned that DC’s foot problem isn’t going away anytime soon. Even when he’s out there he’s wincing and not moving well.
If he's done they would be in big trouble. No depth at the 5 and Johnson looked like a freshman playing in his first game tonight.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Conference opponent, has seen us before, knows our tendencies, and has this game circled

They're going to come out like junk yard dogs. How well do we respond

At 10.5, the Pirates are the play. At 8, probably still the Pirates

I think you wait to see how these guys respond to getting punched in the mouth by a team that sees them at least twice per year

And just like last year, we buckled in our first conference road game

We're good, we're national title contenders, and we're going to lose multiple games

Reaction Score
They have had a very soft schedule and haven't faced anyone like UConn and haven't been battle tested with top 10 teams like we have. The speed and force they're about to face is going to whip their heads in circles.

Watching us play against Kansas, UNC and Gonzaga? I have a hard time seeing how they're going to keep this under 20.

Could we get caught napping? Maybe. Could Holloway have them super pumped for this being their "Super Bowl"? Sure.

I'll take us and lay the -10.5. WE'RE A WAGON UNTIL SOMEONE SAYS OTHERWISE. Ride the wave.

(The Deepster is 5-1 ATS so far this season)
Oof

Reaction Score
No doubt I had this one wrong from the jump. I got super squirrelly watching the line continue to drop throughout the day and felt like something was definitely up. 5 minutes into the 2nd half I knew they were cooked.

The worst part? The Hall offense is garbage. No structure or flow. Just 1:1 takes and individual efforts. We got sucked into the rockfight and lost it badly. We need to be able to impose our will on opposing defenses and that falls on Newton and Hass going forward.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess somebody knew something, hence the 3.5 point line movement in SH's favor in less than 24 hours. Glad I got on SH +10.5 early, though even SH +7 would have been safe.

This is my least favorite way to win money.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I stayed off our game. Didn’t like the number. Bet was SH or no bet. 10 points is insane for a home dog in the BE.

I agree, but I wasn’t betting Hall so I did alt lines. I think they scored a bit more than I anticipated and we scored way less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom