Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score

Finals rankings on Vecenie’s big board:

Hawkins #18
Jackson #29
Sanogo #48
I thought based on the way he's been talking recently he would have Hawkins in the 20s, so 18 is fine. He stuck by Jackson as a first round grade.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I thought based on the way he's been talking recently he would have Hawkins in the 20s, so 18 is fine. He stuck by Jackson as a first round grade.
Agreed, he’s barely mentioned him recently. It doesn’t surprise me that toolsy athletes like Leonard Miller and Coulibaly are late risers on his board, though

Reaction Score

Hawkins #18
Jackson #29
Sanogo #48

Vecenie has been a Jackson fan all along. He's plugged in with a ton of front officds, so Jackson in the first round is definitely possible. Love it.

Reaction Score
IMO.. Hawkins and AJ are on pretty solid ground re: draft.. Have seen mocks with Hawk goin' to Lakers/Heat/Warriors..17/18/19--and lower.... Stumbled on a mock that had the lowest number I've seen on Andre going 24 to Sac Kings.. And others higher.. The guy I'm pulling for is Adama.. Hope he hears his name..All he needs is a chance.

Draft Night should be a proud night for UConn players/coaches/fans/alumni/families of the Big Three

Reaction Score
Loved listening to Jordan. Not many UConn players in my lifetime have made such a significant jump in performance and mental makeup in one year. I am rooting hard for him, Adama and Andre. All three are so deserving of draft night recognition and future success in the pro ranks.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

Hawkins #18
Jackson #29
Sanogo #48
Wow, Vecenie's write ups in that monster PDF (linked from the article) are really good and comprehensive. An excellent read and worth the price of an Athletic subscription.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Loved listening to Jordan. Not many UConn players in my lifetime have made such a significant jump in performance and mental makeup in one year. I am rooting hard for him, Adama and Andre. All three are so deserving of draft night recognition and future success in the pro ranks.
That's why more kids should be more proactive in securing invites to NBA players camps as Hawk and his Dad did through networking to secure a place in one of CP3's high echelon camps last summer. He came out of that a more polished and confident shooter. Working with Rip early in the fall paid dividends also.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Vecenie’s latest mock draft (which is different than his draft rankings) has Hawkins going #18 to Miami, Jackson going #31 to Detroit, and Sanogo going #45 to Memphis. I can’t wait for the draft.

Both Vecenie and Ringer/Kevin O'Connor have Jett Howard going to Lakers at 17, that must be solid intel (Ringer is LA-based). Hawkins had previously been mocked there by a few people.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Clingan showed some love…if he can get his 3 pt going this season, he is a shoo-in for #1 in the draft.

#1 is crazy, but teams did see how Walker Kessler showed out. Top 7 is within reach, especially because ‘24 is a historically weak class.

This has Castle at 8 and DC at 10. That’d be amazing.

Reaction Score
Wow, Vecenie's write ups in that monster PDF (linked from the article) are really good and comprehensive. An excellent read and worth the price of an Athletic subscription.

He is really good. I bet he could get hired away by a front office if that’s what he wanted but his life seems pretty good right now. Corey Evans is a scout for the Thunder and Brian Snow basically has the Baker Dunleavy role at Penn State. Not sure those situations provide a higher quality of life. Conversely Dave Telep is now an executive with the Spurs. Must be a fun time for him trying to help build that team.

Reaction Score
Both Vecenie and Ringer/Kevin O'Connor have Jett Howard going to Lakers at 17, that must be solid intel (Ringer is LA-based). Hawkins had previously been mocked there by a few people.

I don’t really understand why Gradey Dick seems to be a tier above Hawk. He groups them similarly as movement shooters and I get that Dick has better positional size and versatility but Hawk seems like he has a better path to becoming a guy who can hold up in the playoffs. I would bet on him becoming stronger before I bet on Dick becoming more agile/developing better foot speed. And yes I know, it’s just easier to use his name than crack a joke or write around it.

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand why Gradey Dick seems to be a tier above Hawk. He groups them similarly as movement shooters and I get that Dick has better positional size and versatility but Hawk seems like he has a better path to becoming a guy who can hold up in the playoffs. I would bet on him becoming stronger before I bet on Dick becoming more agile/developing better foot speed. And yes I know, it’s just easier to use his name than crack a joke or write around it.
Size, showed a bit more playmaking ability and got to the rim more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom