UCONN’s 2023 NBA Prospects | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN’s 2023 NBA Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah Sanogo just went out and did his usual 15-8 and everyone is like "I guess this NCAAT MOP who can score inside and shoot 3s with impeachable work ethic is actually pretty good." I think the 7'2"+ wingspan measurement really helped as well.

From the No Ceilings piece above:
A guy who gets it done on the glass, can hold his own on an island, pass, and potentially space the floor is a draftable prospect.

Reaction Score

Sanogo is one of those guys I think people have the wrong impression of. There is this idea that he is just a big, slow undersized center who can’t guard in space, isn’t vertical enough to protect the rim and isn’t anything resembling a potential floor spacer. But I think he might have more to his game than meets the eye.

He’s one of those dudes who works. I’m not a full-scale buyer, but I think there’s probably more to his game than he’s getting credit for. I’ve moved him into the top 50 and think he has a case as a fully rostered player on a guaranteed contract next year.

There's a lot more good analysis in the article as well

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Sanogo is one of those guys I think people have the wrong impression of. There is this idea that he is just a big, slow undersized center who can’t guard in space, isn’t vertical enough to protect the rim and isn’t anything resembling a potential floor spacer. But I think he might have more to his game than meets the eye.

He’s one of those dudes who works. I’m not a full-scale buyer, but I think there’s probably more to his game than he’s getting credit for. I’ve moved him into the top 50 and think he has a case as a fully rostered player on a guaranteed contract next year.

There's a lot more good analysis in the article as well

This is what I expected all along. Glad to see people getting on board. He guarded all of Miami's wings and guards all over the court. Our run was fueled in part by not having him in a back to the basket role on offense. He showed good passing ability, ability to attack off the bounce, and that two handed finishing. I never understood the "traditional big" framing. He's nothing like Pat Ewing. He just happens to have exceptional footwork and an array of moves in the paint.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Starting to hit me that Andre is really going to be gone. I thought we had more time
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reaction Score
In the consensus mock draft roundup post-combine that I saw, it had Hawkins at 13. As high as 10 as low as like 20. That range is pretty jumbled right now.

Reaction Score

Andre Jackson Jr. and Tristen Newton, UConn​

Two starters from the Huskies’ championship team in 2023 are on the fence about a potential return to Storrs. Jackson was in many ways the lynchpin of UConn’s March dominance, impacting the game in so many ways with his athleticism, defensive versatility and passing to rise up NBA boards despite his inconsistent jump shot. He’s a fringe first-round pick and seems more likely than not to stay in the draft. Meanwhile, Newton had an inconsistent season but shined at times, including his 19 points, 10 rebounds and four assists in the national title game. He said during the G League Elite Camp he was looking for a guarantee he’d be selected to stay in the draft, likely signaling his return for his final year of eligibility with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Starting to hit me that Andre is really going to be gone. I thought we had more time
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I will reframe this. I think this is cause for celebration. It means his hard work has not only paid off for UConn , but himself. This also means Dan Hurley and staff have a great feather in their cap for recruiting purposes that can help overcome any NIL disadvantage to other schools.

Go get that money AJax and represent.

Reaction Score
A lot of 2nd round picks returning to school in the NIL era. Should help Sanogo get picked. He was directly coloring with Edey, Holmes, and Bona.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I said it during the year that Hawkins by the time he is finished may well be up there with the most successful UConn players who have played in the nba. If he stays healthy and as he gets physically stronger he could be a star. These highlights in the thread so just how good he is. Other than being able to compete from a strength standpoint he could be a plug and play starter in year one. He is underrated imo. He is better than Black and Whitmore right now. He should be top ten. Just look how pure his shot is. I mean it is as pretty and accurate a shot as any I have seen. I don’t think that is hyperbole. I hope he sneaks up a few spots. The only thing holding him down has to be the concern of staying healthy and how he will mature into his body, and stand up to more physical play. But you could see by seasons end he was taking the contact and it was not impacting him, as it did in year one and at the beginning of the year. But when you watch his clips…it’s funny because the word that comes to mind is “sweetness” all due respect to WP, but Hawk operates with a poetry of motion. I cant wait to see how he plays next year.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And see Hawk is being compared to Kay Thompson which I think is a fair comparison. And some of the experts BE coaches are saying he is the best and starting and stopping that they have EVER seen. Like I said sweetness and the way Payton would change speeds and angles to find the holes. Watch the Hawk he is going to be special…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom