UCF Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I remember getting killed because I said it doesn’t really matter & I don’t really care much if J. Adams returns for his senior year, looks like I was right...

I do it for a living, go into different environments, operations, locations to clean it up & make it a better overall culture & operation. 90 percent of the time your better off starting from scratch & let the previous leaders move on.
I think Hurley wanted to do this but he didn't like the optics of sending everyone packing and he also couldn't field any sort of decent class or even field a team if he cleaned house. Some kids will be told the truth after the season.

Reaction Score
That was a terrible loss. If that's what Jalen can give I dont want it. AG plays like he is a one man team. Too much hero ball. No one values possesions. And we have the softest bigs in all levels of basketball. I cant believe 14 games in that this is the product that was rolled out on the floor.

Next year cant get here fast enough!

Reaction Score
I think Hurley wanted to do this but he didn't like the optics of sending everyone packing and he also couldn't field any sort of decent class or even field a team if he cleaned house. Some kids will be told the truth after the season.
There are three kids, maybe four tops worth keeping.

Reaction Score
He may not have a choice. If he is disinterested now, just wait until he is playing in front of 500 fans in a small village in Finland in the dead of winter.
The kid loves the college life and the rep of being the top player on campus. Things are going to get really real for him soon.

Reaction Score
Two biggest plusses for me today:

1. Polley's rebounding - He can do it! I was really critical of him, but he had a few nice boards today with much improved positioning. Credit where credit is due, When's he's slump shooting he has to do that. Unfortunately, rebounding wasn't the problem today.
2. AG - Hit a few 3's and had a few wow drives. A few terrible drives too, but I'm focusing on the good.

Reaction Score
The kid loves the college life and the rep of being the top player on campus. Things are going to get really real for him soon.
The list of UConn players that loved the social scene in Storrs is as long as its list of NBA draftees, except they had ability.

Reaction Score
3 2 1 ... Go
Putting the blame on just one player, JA, is just not right. None of his teammates are stepping up, either. Polley and our centers are no shows. Sid and BA are inexperience, etc, etc. In terms of heart and effort, we are better, but you need players to make plays. We do not have enough of them. And one other thing, give credit to the competition, we do not lose in a vacuum.

Reaction Score
Greece sounds pretty sweet to me.
Yeah, it's lovely.....maybe that was Jalen's plan along, he certainly has no interest in improving his game to play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I still think Jalen has a nice Euro career. Those guys bounce around teams like crazy which would probably suit him well. Greece, Italy, and Spain would be prime Instagram spots so he can still feel like the man. Time will tell I guess

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, @temery,you gave it a shot by retitling this thread, but this looks so far like an irredeemable pig pile.

TBH, I did not rush home to see the game. I put away the groceries at 43-42, had streaming difficulties downstairs, went upstairs & brought up the game and saw the score was...43-42.

Announcers said something about Jalen, and I thought, "Is he in the game?" before I saw him standing in the corner at the top left of the screen. He looked like slo-mo, so much so that I thought that he might be sick, and that he (and later the team) just wasn't good enough to get mad about today. This appears to be a minority opinion.

I think I'll go for a swim/sauna/steam/soak now. Not expecting much out of the additional comments when I get back either.

I certainly don't have anything good to add, and I don't see what I'd get out of complaining. A lot of you folks can do that much better than I.

Reaction Score
It's been well established that Jalen's game has not improved and he is not the leader we all wished he were but come on man'.... enough is enough. this TEAM is not that good.

Reaction Score
Putting the blame on just one player, JA, is just not right. None of his teammates are stepping up, either. Polley and our centers are no shows. Sid and BA are inexperience, etc, etc. In terms of heart and effort, we are better, but you need players to make plays. We do not have enough of them. And one other thing, give credit to the competition, we do not lose in a vacuum.
The majority of our team are guys that had no business ever getting a UConn scholarship. It's what happens when a coach runs the program into the ground, you can keep hoping they will become impact players but it ain't going to happen. Jalen was a top 25 recruit coming out of high school and the #5 point guard in the nation. He's now a senior (old for his class) and he's not doing anything positively to help this team grow and win games.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
So, we're all looking at next year, I assume?

On the current roster I'd keep Gilbert, Wilson, Vital, Polley. You've got Akok, Bouknight and Gaffney coming in. I'm +/- on Whaley and Carlton, because both have length and, I would hope, the ability to improve enough to at least spell starters and contribute fouls when a few minutes are needed. And B. Adams, +/- also. That leaves 3-6 spots available.

Priorities: Big men, and shooters.

In the group above there are two solid point/lead guards (Gilbert, Gaffney). A long athletic 4 (Akok), a four who usually can shoot (Polley, the last two games notwithstanding). An athletic 3 who can't shoot (Wilson). And a SG/SF who can we think can shoot (Bouknight). That's not enough. Getting Cockburn would be big, Cockburn and Wahab bigger. I'd also load up on additional size, almost regardless of rank, and guys who can shoot, almost regardless of rank.

But all of them have to show some BB IQ or don't bring them in. We used to have the hoop-smartest team in the NCAA on the floor. Now we have the back row of the class.

Reaction Score
The majority of our team are guys that had no business ever getting a UConn scholarship. It's what happens when a coach runs the program into the ground, you can keep hoping they will become impact players but it ain't going to happen. Jalen was a top 25 recruit coming out of high school and the #5 point guard in the nation. He's now a senior (old for his class) and he's not doing anything positively to help this team grow and win games.
Kind of like UConn football too. I agree players that aren’t ready for this type of play. I hate to say it josh Carlton looks out matched and isn’t impressive as of late. Brendan Adams should play more I like him and I know he is going to be good. Sidney Wilson needs to play more. We are hurting with big men also. Nothing impressed me as of late either

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom