U19 Women's World Cup | Page 8 | The Boneyard

U19 Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Great article with some fantastic and revealing quotes

"You can't help being aware of what it means to be playing for UConn. It's also the case that they haven't won the title in a couple of years now, so I want to be a part of bringing that championship back. This is a great added motivation, and I want to be part of adding to the legacy that UConn already has.

(So maybe not winning the last few years helped her decide to come :rolleyes: )

The 2022 Final Four will be in Minneapolis. The last time Minneapolis hosted was in 1995 and we all know what happened.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The 2022 Final Four will be in Minneapolis. The last time Minneapolis hosted was in 1995 and we all know what happened.

Very Cool for Paige. Sure she marked it in her calender (or what you kids use for calenders)

and ONO will turn into our Rebecca Lobo. :)

and Hope we get a Kara some where

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Let me know if finishing 4th in the SEC every year is getting you down

Reaction Score
Yes. Everyone did 'well' with some better than others. Still, Paige did not have her best game after a strong flurry at the start which I agree set the tone.

Why is it an issue to assess the game honestly? When a truly great player has a less than stellar game, I think she want's to know about it and I am sure Geno will let her know at Storrs. Maybe CD is giving her an assessment in Thailand as well. :D

I think she will come out like a buzz saw in the Semis and Finals.

Her numbers were down but I don't think you will see many games in her career where Bueckers has a Tiffany Mitchell-like box score line. She will have games when her shots aren't falling but that will never be the measure of her game. I've seen a couple of her HS games where if you just looked at the box score you'd say she had a less than good game but watching the game you see all that she does. It's usually a role player on the team that is described as "doing all the little things that help to win". Bueckers is the poster child of that type of player while being the best player on the team. She made 3 nice passes in the first half to players right under the basket who missed and didn't even hit the rim on two of the three shots. What should have been 3 assists became zero assists. The curse of the playmaker.

It was good to see Hailey Van Lith have a good game.
Egbo could become a great post in 2-3 years. She has the physicality part down pat.

Reaction Score
Yes. Halftime score was 50-16.

USA plays Belgium tomorrow in the second semifinal game at 8:30 AM EDT. The other semi will be Australia v Spain.

FIBA is apparently having issues with all of their YouTube streams, not just the ones in Thailand. Assuming those technical issues do not extend to providing feeds to entities that have bought the rights from them, the last two USA games are supposed to be on ESPN+.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FIBA is apparently having issues with all of their YouTube streams, not just the ones in Thailand. Assuming those technical issues do not extend to providing feeds to entities that have bought the rights from them, the last two USA games are supposed to be on ESPN+.

Actually both Semifinals on the 27th and both 1-2 and 3-4 games on the 28th are on ESPN+

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Actually both Semifinals on the 27th and both 1-2 and 3-4 games on the 28th are on ESPN+

It's hilarious that ESPN wormed its way into this to prevent people from watching it without paying them.

Went from being able to watch it for free over the internet to....having to pay to watch it over the internet. Very necessary.

Reaction Score
It's hilarious that ESPN wormed its way into this to prevent people from watching it without paying them.

Went from being able to watch it for free over the internet to....having to pay to watch it over the internet. Very necessary.

Or maybe it's a sign that someone thinks there's enough interest to make a profit. A good sign. Even the games that weren't streamed like on youtube were available on replay. I thinks it's incredible that all these games can be watched at all. I'm from an era where we had 3 channels. The tape of the British Open was flown across the Atlantic for afternoon replay in the US. The idea of watching live basketball from Bangcok at 4am. Great time to be a fan.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Canada edged Japan 62-59.

Aaliyah Edwards: 12 points (5/9 FG), 7 reb, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

They are and a benefit is 2 english announcers. :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF you have a VPN, the Youtube Feed works in other countries. I'm currently connected to a Japan server. Australia leads Spain 38-28 Five minute into the 3rd Quarter.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Australia leads Spain 48-39 end of 3rd. Australia should have a bigger lead with how they're controlling the boards. Girls/Women used to be so strong in Fundamentals. Now like so many Males, some Girls/Women cannot shoot Free Throws.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If Australia doesn't have a bigger lead it's likely because they're shooting 30%.

Not a great game for Gemma Potter either.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Australia wins 64-55 and will play in the Gold Medal Game. Spain tried to make it interesting, but couldn't get enough stops and shots. Australia shot 25% for the game on their two point shots. They did make 8 three point shots compared to only 4 for Spain.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Falls under the someone had to win category.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Leads Belgium 15-11 end of 1st Qtr. Not a good quarter for either team.

Watching on Facebook using a Japan server

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads Belgium 33-26 at the half. USA should have a bigger lead, but missed so many easy shots. Belgium is out rebounding USA 24-17 Paige is the leading scorer with 9 Points on 4 for 8 Shooting.

Box Score now has taken 2 points away from Paige. Still the leading scorer with Rhyne Howard, both with 7 points.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA is sharing the ball better to start the 3rd quarter. Lead 39-26 with 7 minutes left in the quarter.

Belgium Time out with 6:34 left in 3rd qtr. USA 41 Belgium 26

Reaction Score
Belgium cut it to 5 with Hailey Van Lith, Hillmon-Baker, and Howard on the bench. None of Hailey Van Lith, Paige, or Howard shooting particularly well, but Paige was 7 assists/1 TO. Love her ability to impact the game even on an off shooting day.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Belgium hit 3 consecutive 3 point shots to make the game interesting. USA 47 Belgium 40 with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 49-40 end of 3rd quarter. USA started out well, but then scored only 8 points in last 6:30 of the quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom