U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 55 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

Reaction Score
So, from a UConn perspective, if Collier is the only top 20 recruit who winds up in Storrs, would that be considered a disappointing recruiting season?

For me yes because I have been a huge Christyn Williams fan for several years now and have always hoped that she would end up at UConn

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So, from a UConn perspective, if Collier is the only top 20 recruit who winds up in Storrs, would that be considered a disappointing recruiting season?
The coaches are on record as not liking single player classes - they think it is easier for a freshman to have a fellow freshman going through the same trials and tribulations with them, but single player classes seem to happen regardless from time to time.

With the strength of the current team (and no knowing what will happen with our transfer junior/senior) it was going to be a small class anyway. It would be nice to pick up Williams or ONO, but certainly not essential.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Williams doesn't end up in Storrs.

I'd be even more surprised if Nelson-Ododa did.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Queen Egbo final 4

Florida State
Texas
Baylor
Mississippi State

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Still in play for Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa.. along with already having the #2 player in the country committed. That's not being a major player? Lol, sheesh.. you guys want the entire top 10? The top 3 isn't enough? :eek:
A very "wise woman" informed us a few days ago the ONO IS NOT coming to UCONN. Upon hearing this I when ahead with the colonoscopy I'd been putting off, figuring it would be less painful.
I was right.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
A very "wise woman" informed us a few days ago the ONO IS NOT coming to UCONN. Upon hearing this I when ahead with the colonoscopy I'd been putting off, figuring it would be less painful.
I was right.

Unless that was a source very close to Nelson-Ododa then I wouldn't take that opinion too seriously. We'll all have an idea once she narrows down.

I'm keeping an eye on a lot of the schools that Nelson-Ododa is considering with low post prospects already committed.. UConn already has Collier and several other schools she's considering already have bigs committed so I'm interested in seeing which way she goes once she narrows down. Which is more important? Playing time.. competition.. going to a contender.. being near home.. or a combination of several..

Reaction Score
Good job on the scan Coco. You are not alone when putting it off. Just had mine about 20 years late.

Reaction Score
Nothing better then playing for UConn, UConn, UConn,UConn......

Wouldn't mind seeing SC land Madi W. she's highly ranked by both Prospects & Hoopgurlz and has a nice all around game. I'm not sure but I think her and Christyn Williams are cousins.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes! This is huge because ONO doesn't need an official visit for Georgia. That leaves 5 official visits and I like UCONN's chances if she makes it to campus.
Bill Withers - Lovely Day (Original Version)

I think she'll still cut a school before taking her officials. Every coach is going to want a fair shot to really go all out for this elite prospect. Georgia will make her final 5. I think South Carolina and Connecticut will as well. No recruit is going to turn down an opportunity to go on an official visit to Connecticut.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Lord have mercy putting Tara and JPM in the same bracket.... just not right. Not right at all. With that being said I don't see her leaving the south east. I'm actually surprised UConn made the top 6 given how often she has spoken of proximity being a major factor in her choice unless she did what teenage girls do.... changed her mind.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lord have mercy putting Tara and JPM in the same bracket.... just not right. Not right at all. With that being said I don't see her leaving the south east. I'm actually surprised UConn made the top 6 given how often she has spoken of proximity being a major factor in her choice unless she did what teenage girls do.... changed her mind.
I don't recall ONO speaking of "proximity" being a major factor. Did I miss this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom