Reaction Score
CAMERON SWARTZ
5'11" Mariette, GA
( FBC Mo aau )

in my opinion she is / will be as good as any 2G , Wing in 2018 class

Have been promoting her for about a year
Track / 4 sport background . now FT invested with Hoops

has a ton of high majors coast to coast clamoring / offered

anyone on here who is friends with UConn staff.... ask them what they are waiting for ;)

cameron-swartz
(espnW link ^ )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CAMERON SWARTZ
5'11" Mariette, GA
( FBC Mo aau )

anyone on here who is friends with UConn staff.... ask them what they are waiting for ;)

cameron-swartz
(espnW link ^ )

This girl is totally amazing. Her shot making from anywhere and everywhere on the court is awesome. I would love to see her playing for the Huskies. Wonderful body control and just so smooth!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CAMERON SWARTZ
5'11" Mariette, GA
( FBC Mo aau )
anyone on here who is friends with UConn staff.... ask them what they are waiting for :)
Coach I am pretty sure the UCONN staff is waiting on an answer from Christyn Williams.

Reaction Score
CAMERON SWARTZ
5'11" Mariette, GA
( FBC Mo aau )

cameron-swartz
(espnW link ^ )

Just tremendous Bill. Best 2G/Wing I've seen in many classes. Has the court vision and instincts that can't be taught and that many current college players don't have. One that stands out to me is being able to make plays successfully and shoot quickly without having to think, which IMO is pretty rare for young women and an instinct that only the best possess. It can be there mentally but they need this type of strength and body control to use it successfully. If she has the attitude and work ethic of say a N. Collier, then her future is unlimited. Thanks for the heads up.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
CAMERON SWARTZ
5'11" Mariette, GA
( FBC Mo aau )

cameron-swartz
(espnW link ^ )

Unfortunately, with the transfers and the 4 player 2017 class, I think the answer to 'what they are waiting for' would be 'some players to graduate.' The roster is so loaded at the moment and with volume as well as talent, that 2018 is going to be a very small class. There just isn't a lot of room. I think 2018 has one spot for a guard/wing and one for another post, and the targets are pretty much set. They don't like single player classes, but I don't think they will be unhappy with having only a two player class if that is all they get. The 2017 roster is already a little larger than 'ideal' and while someone transferring out is always a possibility, they are only graduating three players off that team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
CAMERON SWARTZ
5'11" Mariette, GA
( FBC Mo aau )

cameron-swartz
(espnW link ^ )

Fluid. Good frame. Excellent at the point of attack. Good to v.good speed. Nice sized hands. Nice change of pace. Head up eyes everywhere. Nice first step. Release is v.quick. That motion has nothing extraneous. She'd be a beast off the curl or the "U". Her crossover has nice deception. Did I see a little euro-step? V.nice. This girl's body dynamics are top level. Typical Coach Bill eagle eye. What the heck is UConn waiting for is right.

Reaction Score
Like UcMiami said, UConn is pretty stacked at the 2 and the 3........Christyn Williams is just too good to pass up despite the log jam.........I have been her biggest advocate here for quite some time and she was an early UConn lean......I would love for her to join the Huskies but something tells me she will look elsewhere come decision time............I'd be concentrating on a second big and big forward in case AZ decides to leave early..............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cameron is a great prospect I just don't see UCONN in her future. Grace Burger '18 just recently signed committed to Indiana is off similar ability.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Coach I am pretty sure the UCONN staff is waiting on an answer from Christyn Williams.

Yeah. Yeah, you are more than right. But why can't I have them ALL!!!! Of all the superlatives spoken off about Williams I'm really impressed with her strength, body type and surprising quickness. Sort like Alexis Jones. Swartz has a frame and some Sydney Wiese type movements. As of now I'd say a resounding yes to Williams over Swartz, but how could a team go wrong with either?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Cameron is a great prospect I just don't see UCONN in her future. Grace Burger '18 just recently signed committed to Indiana is off similar ability.

A nice player. Doesn't quite have Swartz's variety of moves at the point of attack, speed, that first step, her fluidity, her frame, her size and looks at times a bit more mechanical. Just a bit though. Nice player though with a nice smooth stroke, quick feet, good crossover, nice body control and good vision. The talent these young ladies show at such a young age these days is astounding.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score

where does grace berger come in... considering that she has already pledged to a school.

similar ability ?
I have promoted Grace for a couple years... I don't think they are all that similar. esp in terms of athleticism. Swartz is also a better shooter

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score

Yes... we all know UConn has been "all in" on Williams

having watched both... I view Swartz as just as talented , versatile.
Like UcMiami said, UConn is pretty stacked at the 2 and the 3...Christyn Williams is just too good to pass up despite the log jam....I have been her biggest advocate here for quite some time and she was an early UConn lean.I would love for her to join the Huskies but something tells me she will look elsewhere come decision time..I'd be concentrating on a second big and big forward in case AZ decides to leave early....

Agreed !

point of bringing awareness of Cameron to board = imo... Cam is just as talented, versatile, explosive as Christyn.
she is becoming Elite . and knowing her.. likely to pledge sooner

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/30

Christyn Williams scored 37 points and put the game into OT for Cent Ark Christian on Friday.

A recap from this game:

Mustangs guard Christyn Williams, ranked the No. 2 junior in the country by ESPN, made a shot with 8.3 seconds left to force overtime.

Central Arkansas Christian, a state runner-up last season, ended overtime on a 12-3 run to win comfortably.

Williams left the game in the second quarter after being poked in the eye. The Gatorade Arkansas Player of the Year returned and scored 27 of her game-high 39 points after halftime. Williams scored 11 of her team's 15 points in overtime.

Reaction Score
Yes... we all know UConn has been "all in" on Williams

having watched both... I view Swartz as just as talented , versatile

point of bringing awareness of Cameron to board = imo... Cam is just as talented, versatile, explosive as Christyn.
she is becoming Elite . and knowing her.. likely to pledge sooner

I certainly yield to your basketball knowledge Coach Bill...........Is she a good enough ball handler to play the point? I could see the Huskies looking for another point guard.........I guess the question is whether UConn would even consider another 2/3 if CW ends up somewhere else...........now if Ms Swartz could only grow 3-4 inches I think we'd have a match

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
I certainly yield to your basketball knowledge Coach Bill......Is she a good enough ball handler to play the point? I could see the Huskies looking for another point guard....I guess the question is whether UConn would even consider another 2/3 if CW ends up somewhere else......now if Ms Swartz could only grow 3-4 inches I think we'd have a match

charlie - I agree with your last couple takes.
I consider Cam a 2G / combo at next level... I especially do not consider her a PG with the perspective of what Geno would want / demand from position. She is "best" in off ball , Score mode (mixing in playmaking)
There are a couple of Top 20 program coaches that I do think could consider Cam as a potential PG in their program ( they seem to prefer / be more ok with a combo, scoring type PG )

Likely Not ( UConn considering another Combo / Wing type besides Williams )

you mentioned you could see UConn considering another PG (2018 class ). I have thought for over a year... that 5'8" Tatum Veitenheimer (from TX) would be a great fit for Geno . I have expressed via twitter multiple times that inmy view... she is a 2017 version of Jen Rizzotti . She also happens to be very close friends with Lexi Gordon. She has a volume of Power 5 programs clamoring for her.

tatum-veitenheimer

Reaction Score
I consider Cam a 2G / combo at next level... I especially do not consider her a PG with the perspective of what Geno would want / demand from position. She is "best" in off ball , Score mode (mixing in playmaking)
There are a couple of Top 20 program coaches that I do think could consider Cam as a potential PG in their program ( they seem to prefer / be more ok with a combo, scoring type PG )

you mentioned you could see UConn considering another PG (2018 class ). I have thought for over a year... that 5'8" Tatum Veitenheimer (from TX) would be a great fit for Geno . I have expressed via twitter multiple times that inmy view... she is a 2017 version of Jen Rizzotti . She also happens to be very close friends with Lexi Gordon. She has a volume of Power 5 programs clamoring for her.

tatum-veitenheimer

Coach Bill I do recognize the name and for some reason assumed that she was going to stay in Texas to play with either Baylor or UT

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Charlie - she ultimately may... but Tatum is also strongly considering multiple programs out of TX

Reaction Score
Charlie - she ultimately may... but Tatum is also strongly considering multiple programs out of TX

I know UConn has shown some interest in Amaya Brown, Honesty Scott Grayson and Jordan Nixon..........where does Tatum V stack up to those three recruits?

Reaction Score

tatum-veitenheimer

Very nice Bill. I love these types of PGs. They let you know who's running this game when they walk on the floor. Skills and confidence are all there to be polished. Easy to see the Rizzotti fire. Don't know if UConn will have room but Mulkey and Aston must be all over this kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A recap from this game:

Mustangs guard Christyn Williams, ranked the No. 2 junior in the country by ESPN, made a shot with 8.3 seconds left to force overtime.

Central Arkansas Christian, a state runner-up last season, ended overtime on a 12-3 run to win comfortably.

Williams left the game in the second quarter after being poked in the eye. The Gatorade Arkansas Player of the Year returned and scored 27 of her game-high 39 points after halftime. Williams scored 11 of her team's 15 points in overtime.
Sounds very UConn-like. I think Ekmark had a high school game in which she got a bloody nose, then came back in and went on a scoring spree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom