U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 28 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Can't blame her for that.....getting thru four years of college along with basketball commitments is never easy and it must be must be doubly hard at Stanford.still if you have the ability it's hard to turn down that opportunity
I know that Tennessee has 100% graduation rate.

Reaction Score
Q adds another International recruit at Syracuse

HC Quentin Hillsman Syracuse receives 2017 verbal from Euro Diaby Kariata 6-5 post from the Ivory Coast Voiron France.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Maya Dodson confirms that her & her parents number 1 priority in a school is academics in this interview.

As Charlie/Raoul/Orangutan passed along yesterday, Ms. Dodson is indeed taking her OV to ND this weekend. She's being joined by our one commitment thus far -- Mikayla Vaughn -- someone that you (CocoHusky) and I discussed last winter (seems like longer). We have this event at the Bookstore for both the boys and girls team, with Ruth Riley helping to emcee. It's a nice change of pace to focus on recruits whose last name does not being with "W"....;) (at least for this weekend).

Reaction Score

As Charlie/Raoul/Orangutan passed along yesterday, Ms. Dodson is indeed taking her OV to ND this weekend. She's being joined by our one commitment thus far -- Mikayla Vaughn -- someone that you (CocoHusky) and I discussed last winter (seems like longer). We have this event at the Bookstore for both the boys and girls team, with Ruth Riley helping to emcee. It's a nice change of pace to focus on recruits whose last name does not being with "W"....;) (at least for this weekend).

Don't feel left out, I'm sure MW will retweet a video from the ND book store shindig!!!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrook is at Oregon State this weekend

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Just heard Jayda Adams gave a verbal to Duke! Anyone know if this is true? Duke fans?

Reaction Score
oul ‏@Raoul_000 9h9 hours ago
Updated finalists for 2017 WBB players (w/espnW rankings) • added Harden • highlighted official visits taken (if known) • noted upcoming OVs

CvBUofSWcAApU42.jpg

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If Tenn lands another 2 or so of the recruits that they are still in on they will have a top 5 recruiting class on their hands in my opinion.. especially if those two commitments come from Patterson, Williams, Davis, Dodson, Onyenwere or Westbrook.

Reaction Score
If Tenn lands another 2 or so of the recruits that they are still in on they will have a top 5 recruiting class on their hands in my opinion.. especially if those two commitments come from Patterson, Williams, Davis, Dodson, Onyenwere or Westbrook.

It is interesting that so many talented recruits still have serious interest in Tenn after all of the issues with coaching etc...........their good run at the end of the season seems to have erased all of the panic from the faithful.........for the moment any way......................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is interesting that so many talented recruits still have serious interest in Tenn after all of the issues with coaching etc......their good run at the end of the season seems to have erased all of the panic from the faithful....for the moment any way.......
There are major minutes available for multiple positions on the TN roster for someone to start as a freshmen. There will be more minutes available next year should DD and Mercedes Russell decided to leave.
The unrest will return as quickly as the next TN loss to an unranked opponent.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee has a good class so far. Adding one or two more could make it a great class.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dodson is very interested in academics. Stanford and ND make sense. Why is Tennessee on her list?

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Dodson is very interested in academics. Stanford and ND make sense. Why is Tennessee on her list?

Because since Holly became head coach, she and the other coaches have been working on the 2017 & 2018 classes, building relationships with players and their families. Tennessee will use all of their allotted official visits for 2017, something that has never happened before. The caliber of recruits visiting Tennessee this fall shows the work Holly and the staff have been putting in. Will Dodson come to Tennessee? I don't know. I personally think she is going to Stanford. If she wants to come to Tennessee, that's great!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tennessee will use all of their allotted official visits for 2017, something that has never happened before.
Curiosity questions? To the best of my knowledge the NCAA does not restrict the number of official visits a school can host. The official visits then is depended on the school's allocated budget. Did I completely misunderstand? If not, what was the allocated budget (#) of visitors for TN for 2017? Was the budget increased deliberately for 2017 to respond to the rosters needs? If so, good move on the part of TN, it is obviously paying off.

Reaction Score
Yes, the NCAA does have a school limit of twelve official visits per year. And, yes, Tennessee ramped up its recruiting considerably this year, replacing our recruiting coordinator and adding an admin support person for Sharrona Reaves, our new recruiter. All of the coaches worked hard over the past few months to maximize the number of quality 2017 players making official visits this year. With the ability to pay for two persons to accompany each recruit this year, we focused on each player's total family unit. We were rewarded with visits from 11 quality recruits and their families this year. We hope to sign at least four recruits and have room for six. All official visits are complete except for Rennia Davis on the weekend of Nov. 4. Only one recruit (Dana Evans) has committed to another school as of today.

As far as Maya Dodson is concerned, there are a couple of things in our favor. She has been a Lady Vol fan for several years, her position is open, her friend and teammate, Kasi Kushkitua, recently committed to Tennessee, and her family can easily drive up for games. I think, however, that academics may be the ultimate deciding factor for her. The waiting continues. . . .

Reaction Score
Yes, the NCAA does have a school limit of twelve official visits per year. And, yes, Tennessee ramped up its recruiting considerably this year, replacing our recruiting coordinator and adding an admin support person for Sharrona Reaves, our new recruiter. All of the coaches worked hard over the past few months to maximize the number of quality 2017 players making official visits this year. With the ability to pay for two persons to accompany each recruit this year, we focused on each player's total family unit. We were rewarded with visits from 11 quality recruits and their families this year. We hope to sign at least four recruits and have room for six. All official visits are complete except for Rennia Davis on the weekend of Nov. 4. Only one recruit (Dana Evans) has committed to another school as of today.

As far as Maya Dodson is concerned, there are a couple of things in our favor. She has been a Lady Vol fan for several years, her position is open, her friend and teammate, Kasi Kushkitua, recently committed to Tennessee, and her family can easily drive up for games. I think, however, that academics may be the ultimate deciding factor for her. The waiting continues. . . .
When did the NCAA limit the number of official visits to 12? As of Oct. 2012 there was no limit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom