Tyrese Martin to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin to UConn

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seton Hall fans are claiming that they “backed off”. I call bs, maybe they backed off after he indicated he was coming here.

I don‘t know where he is going and will not pretend to, but I was told that SH was never much of a player here.

I will say that I find the Nebraska stuff.....odd. Odd is never good in recruiting.

Reaction Score
Georgia, Ole Miss, Oregon and Seton Hall. But Hall backed off. Haha
Maybe they did if they're getting Haarms and Aiken but Martin was never going to Seton Hall anyways.

Reaction Score
If Seton Hall gets Haarms they back off Sanogo?

Anyone know the PT situation at 4/5 for Seton Hall and Nebraska?

If we get Sanogo, just wow!!! Speeds up our move to national prominence. Really wanted Nolley, but those quotes about work ethic/getting a job tell me all I need to know.

C

Chief00

Looks like the predictions were correct.
Thanks, somehow running the table on my predictions but all the points of reference that Chief usually relies on are different this year, due to the two injuries of uncertainty duration, COVID-19 impacts and lack of clarity on NCAA transfer rules. But, the #Chief24/7Grind continues despite all these headwinds.
I do want to reiterate that my broom is out comment was made in the context of the question regarding how many scholarships we would have to fill. Chief wasn’t disrespecting anyone.

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard T. Martin! Definitely was a pickup looking ahead to next year. Though I would have been nice to see him or Jackson or him at the 4 as this kid is built in a smaller lineup this year. So we definitely still need a true 4 to play there unless we are going to play Whaley more the 4 and Carlton the 5. I hope Carlton loses the weight so can be more agile his senior year.

Reaction Score
This is a great get for the team. Some of you guys are too offensive focused. Kid can score just fine, but more importantly he will defend and rebound and get physical. Do we not remember the lack of toughness this team has shown over the last several years?

As for @JimHurley's comment about Adams, Adams came out and said he wants to graduate in three years. You can speculate all you want about why. But it is not unreasonable for him to see that he might never be a starter here. He's a super valuable player and hope that he is here four years. If not, Martin plugs into that role nicely.

Next player needs to be immediately eligible, and probably be an interior player, hopefully at least 6'8" and 220. I am not worried about perimeter scoring or spacing with this team. I am worried about post defense, interior scoring on other than garbage baskets, and rebounding.

When Tyrese is on he can score at a very high level. He does score a lot from put backs. He's a great rebounder and battles.

His defense is very weak. He had a lot of trouble with guys in the A10.

Reaction Score
Thanks, somehow running the table on my predictions
when/where did you prognosticate martin? just want to make sure you're getting all the credit you deserve here.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I may be mis-remembering, but didn't just about anyone who asked for a waiver get a pass last year? We just didn't ask with Cole because he didn't want to use a year alongside Gilbert. It gives me hope that even if the rule doesn't take effect this year, Martin still might get eligibility through a more relaxed waiver process.
As long as UConn firee Mark Emmert runs UNCAA we will never get any waivers granted

Reaction Score
Any news on if he plans to pursue a waiver for this year? If he does, it’ll be interesting to see how many minutes he gets. I would expect 20-25mpg range something along the lines of Adams last year.

Reaction Score
when/where did you prognosticate martin? just want to make sure you're getting all the credit you deserve here.
He posted a screenshot in the thread that must be from a PM because it doesn't show up when you search. And also is vague and references nothing about Martin committing.

In fact it seems to be more about Vaughn than Martin

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Thanks, somehow running the table on my predictions but all the points of reference that Chief usually relies on are different this year, due to the two injuries of uncertainty duration, COVID-19 impacts and lack of clarity on NCAA transfer rules. But, the #Chief24/7Grind continues despite all these headwinds.
I do want to reiterate that my broom is out comment was made in the context of the question regarding how many scholarships we would have to fill. Chief wasn’t disrespecting anyone.
COVID impacts are strange and will evolve. Right now everyone is understandably worried about being too far from home. So a plane ride to Nebraska or Mississippi puts family and friends at risk. SH is in the second hottest COVID hotbed in the country, is that a consideration?

Reaction Score
Welcome!

1586296353365.gif

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Welcome to Storrs, Tyrese

I look forward to seeing what you can do driving to the hole and throwing it down

Reaction Score
What if of those 10, 2 or 3 get injured? Like..this past year? Then you’re down to 7-8 and good luck in the Big East with 7-8 players available.

LIke this past year? How about like each of the last 4 years?

We have to have learned something from the past 4 years. The last roster spot needs to be playing next year unless we know Martin will get a waiver.

Reaction Score
Never assume that when a coach says something he believes it's true. In this case, my guess is he wants to be as optimistic as possible so that Akok doesn't get down on himself and works as hard as he can as soon as he can.
This is exactly it. He didn't even say he thinks he'll be back by Big East play, he said Akok is hoping to be back by Big East play. Which makes sense, he needs to give him something to aim for

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom