Tyrese Martin to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin to UConn

Reaction Score
i'm not trying to question every one of your posts but how do you know how many credits he has left or how many he'll take next year?

It was mentioned twice by broadcasters during games and one of the beat writers tweeted it.

Reaction Score
It was mentioned twice by broadcasters during games and one of the beat writers tweeted it.

lol dude you have the worst judge of character maybe in history if you didn't want this kid

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 4.06.12 PM.png

Reaction Score
"I would only leave Rhode Island for an elite program like UConn," he added. "The pros and national championships were too much to turn down. I left a great program for an elite program."

Surprised he didn't go to PC. All the PC fans on here tell us they have an elite program. :)

Some other good quotes in this article.

Reaction Score
lol dude you have the worst judge of character maybe in history if you didn't want this kid

View attachment 52811

It was not based off character. That write up is very revealing as is Borges’ article. As I said in another thread, I’m done complaining about it now. He’s a Husky and I would never wish anything bad on a kid that represents our university. I want nothing more than for him to prove me wrong

Matter of fact, I hope I’m so wrong that in 2 years everyone on this board reposts my entries from this week to show stupid I was.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
if we lost 2 players to season ending injuries in back to back years then we're cursed. that just doesnt happen

We just lost multiple players in back to back years and more than that to boot. Yakwe & Diarra were lost to injury the year before, plus we lost Gilbert for multiple games and had other injuries. Can't say it doesn't happen when it has happened 2 years in a row now.

Reaction Score
The NC$$ has yet to finalize its decision on non-grad transfers. Fact that we now have a non-grad transfer dooms any chance the rule will be changed to allow Martin or any other non-grad transfer to play for us this coming season. And no I am not paranoid, the NC$$ simply detests UConn.

Reaction Score
So, so much respect for that. This seems like the kind of kid Hurley Sr. would have loved on his team.
Another example from Borges:

URI was on a a two-game road trip through Saint Louis and Richmond during holiday break, so the team didn’t return to campus between games. The Rams lost to Saint Louis, their third loss in their last five games, on Sunday, and the next day the staff was going to take the team to the movies.

Director of operations (and current URI assistant coach) T.J. Buchanan told Martin to be ready to leave the hotel for the movie theater at 1:30 p.m. But Martin said, “No.”

Buchanan laughed, and asked if Martin had any better plans. Martin replied something to the effect of: “We've been losing games we shouldn’t be losing. Nobody should be wanting to go to the movies.”

Reaction Score
People's thoughts now on taking Nolley? Very hard decision but I do not think we can use a third scholarship on a guy who won't play next season, Martin and Akok the other two.

Hurley said Akok is playing

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is a great get for the team. Some of you guys are too offensive focused. Kid can score just fine, but more importantly he will defend and rebound and get physical. Do we not remember the lack of toughness this team has shown over the last several years?

As for @JimHurley's comment about Adams, Adams came out and said he wants to graduate in three years. You can speculate all you want about why. But it is not unreasonable for him to see that he might never be a starter here. He's a super valuable player and hope that he is here four years. If not, Martin plugs into that role nicely.

Next player needs to be immediately eligible, and probably be an interior player, hopefully at least 6'8" and 220. I am not worried about perimeter scoring or spacing with this team. I am worried about post defense, interior scoring on other than garbage baskets, and rebounding.

Reaction Score
Seems like we're going to be looking other directions, but I think Nolley is still the perfect fit for the last scholarship

Reaction Score
Anyone know where else Martin was considering? Just curious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom