Tyrese Martin to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin to UConn

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if we’ll be involved with Toppin. I think there’s a legit possibility.

It seems like a pretty good fit, and he's a quality player. We don't have a ton of other options. I could definitely see it working out.

Reaction Score
Toppin needs to work on his shot and/or getting stronger, as he's a bit undersized for the 4 currently but is a detriment shooting from the perimeter as a wing. If he can get to 220 like his brother without sacrificing athleticism (or maybe even gaining explosion) he'd likely also be a beast. He's got good instincts.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It seems like a pretty good fit, and he's a quality player. We don't have a ton of other options. I could definitely see it working out.
He’s also a Brooklyn/Nepsac kid.

Reaction Score
WOW. URI probably a bottom tier A10 team next season. And I doubt Fatts returns.
ship be sinkin. cant blame Fatts for leaving now even if it's not to the pros...maybe this puts him back in play

Reaction Score
WOW. URI probably a bottom tier A10 team next season. And I doubt Fatts returns.
ship be sinkin. cant blame Fatts for leaving even if it's not for the pros...maybe this puts him back in play.

Hurley said this quarantine has made recruiting really difficult, getting to know the players in particular, and as a result "a lot of mistakes are going to be made both ways." He knows Fatts even better than he does Martin so it's got to be tempting.

Last edited:

UconnU

Reaction Score
ship be sinkin. cant blame Fatts for leaving now even if it's not to the pros...maybe this puts him back in play
If Fatts wants to come here we take him, right? We just go small, or go trial by fire with Springs at the 4.

Reaction Score
If Fatts wants to come here we take him, right? We just go small, or go trial by fire with Springs at the 4.

The Fatts fit would not be great with Cole, but he would be so much better than whoever our other 5th starter would be (Carlton/Martin/Gaffney) that you'd have to do it.

Reaction Score
If we take Toppin and Fatts along with already having Adams and Martin then we are, defacto, URI.
We should be shooting higher than being a recycled URI.

UconnU

Reaction Score
The Fatts fit would not be great with Cole, but he would be so much better than whoever our other 5th starter would be (Carlton/Martin/Gaffney) that you'd have to do it.
In some ways he’s a fit. For example I don’t really love our team ball handling. We’ll be pressed every night in the big east.

Reaction Score
If we take Toppin and Fatts along with already having Adams and Martin then we are, defacto, URI.
We should be shooting higher than being a recycled URI.
we only have 1 spot available. but as far as fatts is concerned we'd be lucky to "recycle" a future pro

Reaction Score
For what it's worth I was checking out the URI board and someone said this:

Kids started transferring well before because their inner circles have been reminding them all that the new rule would likely pass. Tyrese even said in his IG live before he committed anywhere that he was told the rule would pass.

I didn't catch that instagram live but if true it seems like Tyrese thinks he will be playing next season.

UconnU

Reaction Score

Kids started transferring well before because their inner circles have been reminding them all that the new rule would likely pass. Tyrese even said in his IG live before he committed anywhere that he was told the rule would pass.

I didn't catch that instagram live but if true it seems like Tyrese thinks he will be playing next season.
Good catch.

Cole, Bouk, Jackson, Martin, Whaley is going to be a stupid good look. Undersized but 2-5 rebound so well it shouldn’t matter.

Reaction Score

Tyrese actually said the opposite and, at the time of his transfer, fully expected to sit out a year. The person you’re quoting has a bit of a... shall we say “bias.”

Reaction Score
Because it would mean we miss on bigger fish, I'm going to say that I hope not.
I obviously want Sanogo more than any other available player. If we miss out on him I’m ok with taking someone else who has talent and can contribute. I would rather have a developmental talent than an open spot. Prefer a grad transfer though that gives us another shot at filling it next year.

Reaction Score
This is a huge insult to Dan Hurley's scouting and player development abilities. What gives?

I’m all in. Have completely bought in to DH’s scouting and recruiting, not to mention full belief in his plan on how to return UConn to elite status.

Which is why I said that he won’t take 4 former URI players. Two, yes. Adams and Martin both bring solid skilled depth to the team. Use up two more scholarships on URI transfers? I don’t see DH doing that.

Do people here really want DH to fill 1/3rd of the roster with transfers from an A-10 school? Is that what you believe is part of DH’s plan to return UConn to elite status? I just don’t see that happening.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m all in. Have completely bought in to DH’s scouting and recruiting, not to mention full belief in his plan on how to return UConn to elite status.

Which is why I said that he won’t take 4 former URI players. Two, yes. Adams and Martin both bring solid skilled depth to the team. Use up two more scholarships on URI transfers? I don’t see DH doing that.

Do people here really want DH to full 1/3rd if the roster with transfers from an A-10 school? That’s how we return to elite status. I don’t think so. I highly doubt that DH does either regardless of what you and some others here may believe.

With only one open scholarship, how are we getting 4 of them?

Reaction Score
With only one open scholarship, how are we getting 4 of them?

I have no idea. I wasn’t the one saying that we should take both Toppin and Fatts if we can get them.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I have no idea. I wasn’t the one saying that we should take both Toppin and Fatts if we can get them.

I would take Fatts right now.

Toppin would be more of a July option for me. I’d rather a grad transfer right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom