Tyrese Martin to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin to UConn

Reaction Score
I get your point. But I think this team can be special with one more piece. Almost all top programs will have either 12 or 13 ready to suit up. We're immediately at a disadvantage if we only have 10.

Nah. The 12th and 13th guys aren't getting any burn anyway. 10 is cutting a bit close depth-wise but it should be enough provided we don't have another 2 season-ending injuries. I'm not sure what other "piece" that is out there you think we can both get and will make a real difference (top 7 or so in our rotation). Sure, Sanogo, and Hurley will keep pursuing him but you seem to think we are foregoing all these impact players at our disposal and I don't feel that's the case. We're grabbing who we can grab.

C

Chief00

From Borges' recent article - doesn't sound like Nolley: Tyrese Martin, a big, scoring guard, transferring from URI to UConn

UConn will likely be looking for a power forward-type to fill what is currently the final scholarship spot, and it would appear likely the Huskies will concentrate on a player who will definitely be available for next season — either a grad transfer, junior college transfer or an incoming freshman.
NJ beckons.

Reaction Score
From Borges' recent article - doesn't sound like Nolley: Tyrese Martin, a big, scoring guard, transferring from URI to UConn

UConn will likely be looking for a power forward-type to fill what is currently the final scholarship spot, and it would appear likely the Huskies will concentrate on a player who will definitely be available for next season — either a grad transfer, junior college transfer or an incoming freshman.

Sounds like a projection from Borges more than the coaches word. But it does make sense they'd want a 4 to bring in. Only option at this point is Johnson unless we get on some new juco talent. And I'm not sure Johnson is a game-changer for us by any means

Reaction Score
Nah. The 12th and 13th guys aren't getting any burn anyway. 10 is cutting a bit close depth-wise but it should be enough provided we don't have another 2 season-ending injuries. I'm not sure what other "piece" that is out there you think we can both get and will make a real difference (top 7 or so in our rotation). Sure, Sanogo, and Hurley will keep pursuing him but you seem to think we are foregoing all these impact players at our disposal and I don't feel that's the case. We're grabbing who we can grab.

What if of those 10, 2 or 3 get injured? Like..this past year? Then you’re down to 7-8 and good luck in the Big East with 7-8 players available.

Reaction Score
“I’m choosing UConn because that was the school I feel like checked all the boxes for me during this process that I was looking for, knowing I couldn’t take visits because of this pandemic situation,” he told ZAGSBLOG.

“This is a great opportunity to showcase myself on a bigger stage and I feel like the Big East is one of the top leagues in the country. Also having the opportunity to be myself and have an impact right away at the next school. Then to see where I can max out as a player to get to the NBA, which is the ultimate goal. I feel like UConn has the resources and right people to help me get there.”

Reaction Score

To me, that screams Branden Johnson out of Western Michigan. Just seems like a guy who will come in and do the dirty work. A guy who endears himself to his team and the fans.

Reaction Score
What if of those 10, 2 or 3 get injured? Like..this past year? Then you’re down to 7-8 and good luck in the Big East with 7-8 players available.

8 solid contributors would be plenty if not ideal.

Reaction Score
8 solid contributors would be plenty if not ideal.
edit- if we lost 2 players to season ending injuries in back to back to back years then we're cursed. that just doesnt happen

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Looks like the predictions were correct. Won't help next hear since he sits, but if Bouknight or Jackson head to the pros he's the fill in there in 21-22. But I suspect this was pushed forward since they weren't as confident about Nolley - again, they play the same positions at the same size (although not terribly similar in style).

And if Martin is the guy for one of the two scholarships I think a 4 or 5 will fill the second, not Nolley. I'd think Etienne or Sanogo, or a grad transfer like Johnson.

Reaction Score
Looks like the predictions were correct. Won't help next hear since he sits, but if Bouknight or Jackson head to the pros he's the fill in there in 21-22. But I suspect this was pushed forward since they weren't as confident about Nolley - again, they play the same positions at the same size (although not terribly similar in style).

And if Martin is the guy for one of the two scholarships I think a 4 or 5 will fill the second, not Nolley. I'd think Etienne or Sanogo, or a grad transfer like Johnson.

Don’t forget Adams. I didn’t think of that but he’s graduating next year.

C

Chief00

Another Chief prediction in the books.

F6CF9F62-A70C-48C8-A3CE-B5237704CB60.jpeg

Reaction Score

And there it is. Marin in the fold, now one more to fill... Surprised there hasn’t been more interest in Jeriah Horne from Tulsa. I keep seeing his name pop up from reporters and we haven’t showed up on the teams interested. Looking at his advanced numbers, he’s a really productive player and fills a need at the 4 spot as a grad transfer. Respectable 3 point shooter and a good defender. Curious to see who ends up taking that last scholarship. It definitely has to be someone who can play day 1. Would be nice to have an impact player for our first season in the new Big East.

Reaction Score
2 years of eligibility, but he’s on track to graduate next year.
i'm not trying to question every one of your posts but how do you know how many credits he has left or how many he'll take next year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom