Typical Hurley smh | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Typical Hurley smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Pretenders Part???..same same old..make all the excuses you, it's really hard to lose as many "winnable" as these guys do

Reaction Score
No pal you’re always saying “not a bad loss” lol. Glad you’re happy watching the same ol mediocrity just don’t acknowledge that I’m not. This is UConn, not acceptable. But by all means blow smoke up their butts when the bubble makes its way in the conversation..
Can you prove this? Or are you just talking out of you arse. I called Creighton and Nova bad losses. You’re not happy because you have prime UConn expectations. That’s my point. This isn’t a prime UConn team. I can be satisfied with this teams effort, while obviously wanting to keep building on it in future years. No ones content with this being the apex.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Hurley is utilizing AJ skills to the fullest … AJ should never be on the perimeter, he should be the pick and roll guy, the catch the oop guy , the catch it on the block and use his athleticism guy , he should always be around the basket …. He rebounds well, runs well, … but Hurley wants him shooting 3s and playing with the ball on perimeter and then ask him to create for others …

Reaction Score
Agree. The discipline isn’t there to make smart plays under pressure and as much as some don’t like it, Hurley’s frenetic mindset and behavior don’t help.
Thank you, yes, they play off the coach. Hurley needs to chill and maybe hit some coaching clinics, seriously.

Reaction Score
It was a bad T despite knowing it was a tough call can’t happen. The bad decisions by the players hurt more than anything. RJ missed a wide open AJ for an easy deuce which would have cut it to 2 and had them reeling. Same on Martins attempt to finish which was weak.

Just a bad loss for many reasons they don’t look prepared at all when in close games.
Once again, panic set in when the game got close and late

Reaction Score
At this point I would start Hawk over AJ. I just don‘t see the value in the minutes AJ is getting.
Could not agree more. They love the guy cuz he’s an elite athlete. An elite athlete does not necessarily make an elite basketball player.

Reaction Score
No pal you’re always saying “not a bad loss” lol. Glad you’re happy watching the same ol mediocrity just don’t acknowledge that I’m not. This is UConn, not acceptable. But by all means blow smoke up their butts when the bubble makes its way in the conversation.

10-7 in games that mean anything tell me that’s ok?
The bubble? Let me book mark this post lmfao

Reaction Score
the man is immature and a clown and as his tenure at UConn inevitably turns to failure, the meltdown will be spectacular. I cannot imagine a rational parent ever wanting to have this man mentor their son into adulthood.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He can't defend a 3 either
I don’t think Hurley is utilizing AJ skills to the fullest … AJ should never be on the perimeter, he should be the pick and roll guy, the catch the oop guy , the catch it on the block and use his athleticism guy , he should always be around the basket …. He rebounds well, runs well, … but Hurley wants him shooting 3s and playing with the ball on perimeter and then ask him to create for others …
If Jackson doesn’t have a clear path for a dunk he can’t finish anywhere in the paint, he is an abysmal scorer. He’s great at defensive rebounding and pushing the ball up the court but then disappears on offense.

Reaction Score
If Jackson doesn’t have a clear path for a dunk he can’t finish anywhere in the paint, he is an abysmal scorer. He’s great at defensive rebounding and pushing the ball up the court but then disappears on offense.
He’s shootings 25% the last 7 games.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He’s a really unique, kind of strange, player. Like he has amazing touch and feel with his passes but has no touch or feel with any aspect of scoring himself. He seems to do half the things good players do really well and half the things really poorly.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Are we just at a constant disadvantage because the officials in conference hate Hurley and his antics so much? I think it’s a legitimate concern.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Big first half helped. Should’ve never been close in that one either. It is college basketball this year but for UConn it’s been the pattern for 2-3 years in close games that’s the reality.
UConn is 1-9 the last two seasons winning games outright when a Vegas underdog. (With 2019 included the number improves 5-18 )

NCAA Basketball Team Win Trends - As Underdog

Reaction Score
Agreed with arguing with fans. Like he should just never do that. But Calhoun did the same things with officials. He cursed reporters out. He just didn’t have social media detailing his every moment.
IF someone said to Calhoun what they said to Hurley, I venture to say there would have been a reaction that would have made sport center.

Reaction Score
Icing on the cake:

Softee.

If this is true it's not a good look. I don't think it correlates to W's or L's in any tangible way, but you don't want your coach to be that guy. In game is one thing.

Reaction Score
The drive that was into traffic rather than dumping it off for a layup right before the ball went out
It was like hitting a triple while down a run in the 9th and then getting caught trying to steal home.

Reaction Score
Why shouldn’t it have been close? This is the problem. You all think we’re better than we are. We shouldn’t be blowing Marquette or Xavier(on the road) out this year. We were in position to win on the road against a top 25 team with a true home court advantage. We lost. We all know at this point we aren’t a top 10 team and a final 4 lock. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves after every loss. It’s miserable. Enjoy the climb. We could be GTown, Cuse, or seton hall. Instead we’re an inconsistent team who is good way more often then they are not. We wanted to be in a top conference. We’ll this is life in a top conference. Win your home games and compete on the road. That’s where we are this year. If you would just adjust your expectations, and stop expecting us to come out and man handle top 25 teams on the road, you’d enjoy yourself more.
Problem is we are losing home games as well to Providence & Creighton so our upcoming home games against Hall & Xavier are make or break.

We weren't supposed to have to sweat a bid this year but could be headed there if next week goes badly. Can only absorb so many loses before pseudo must wins are actual must wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom