Typical Hurley smh | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Typical Hurley smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry, I just don’t see how you look at those 2 players and where they are now and trajectory and say that is their ceiling.

The stretch is just beyond measurement.

We’d be lucky if Gaffney averages 10 minutes a game his senior year.
I don’t want him on this team next season. I was using two extreme examples of a ceiling to make my point. Again identifying a ceiling is not making a prediction on what is likely to happen.

Reaction Score
We’re talking ceilings. The ceiling of something’s is the greatest possible outcome if everything goes right. It’s obviously not likely.
So if I'm mayor of a town is my ceiling President of the United States even though it has an infinitesimal chance of happening? Just a strange statement you put out there.

Reaction Score
So if I'm mayor of a town is my ceiling President of the United States even though it has an infinitesimal chance of happening? Just a strange statement you put out there.
Maybe. That is the definition of ceiling. The greatest possible outcome.

Reaction Score
We had multiple opportunities on 2 on 1s/3 on 1s--that went unconverted.. Didn't have an answer for Scruggs in second half (scouting report?) which he's done repeatedly in his career. Hard to imagine it's hard not to find Nunge on the floor but there were times Cole was defending him on rotations. Polley/Hawk non-factors.. Adama catching the action from the bench in first half lately-- Hope he's figuring that out sooner rather than later.

Beating a dead horse but you can't take a T at that time of a close game on the road. Ref is always going to be influenced by their coach/crowd. AD Dave sitting behind bench-Curious what he was thinking. Refs talk among themselves --Not sure DH is helping the team(for future BE games) by venting in pressers about refs. Even if its true.

Despite the self-induced/unforced errors.. It was still a winnable game .

Hope these guys show up on Sunday under the bright lights .No excuses now. Survive and advance.
His brother just got fined for criticizing the refs - must be genetic

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh wow forgot about that my bad. We didn’t get blown out if only I had looked at last nights game in that manner I would’ve slept better stupid me.

Wow have we sunk in expectations. 10-7 in games versus equal opponents is fine what was I thinking?
It's not "fine," and it's not "out of line." That's the Boneyard bi-polar lens.

It's just (very) frustrating to witness in real-time when "better" seems so plausible, and hasn't gotten a toe hold. You already know how I see it.

I truly don't know if such a toe hold is "not yet," or "ain't gonna happen," but I calculate a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 16 games remaining, and I'm going to keep watching, reading, writing, and posting haiku one game at a time.

Reaction Score
I do Remember the change of team attitude after he would get them. It was as if "you got our back, thus we've got yours coach"
I repeat. The T's were not at this point in the game.

Reaction Score
Do you not remember Calhoun purposely getting T’s to fire up his team? Your coach having your back like that goes a lot further than giving up those two points.

It’s like people forget what they complain about is what they used to love…
Calhoun, as you said, had a purpose and was opportunist but he was never as immature as Hurley. Comparing Hurley to Calhoun is like comparing a liitlke league home run hitter to Micky Mantle. NOT IN THE SAME BALL PARK. The team as a whole is very poor in fundamentals.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It’s crazy to me there isn’t unanimous agreement on this point here.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lol aren’t you the one who said we’d go 3 wins and one loss in the last 4 games? Creighton through Xavier? But now the rest of board are the ones thinking we are better than we are?
Hot takes are subject to the wings of change.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Show some respect for the Grand Canyon.

When someone from another fan base is selling such hyperbole to exploit an opponent's already apparent vulnerability, it's trolling that lacks its own sense of proportion.

His team is enjoying its best season in a long time, and its coach (an admirable enough guy) might well put himself in position to improve upon his lifetime 1-5 NCAA record, but for now, his stating the obvious needed be occasion to join in by adding the word "crazy" because unanimity isn't achieved on a relative non-point.

At least wait until someone mounts a credible debate on the topic, before playing along with his provocation.
It’s crazy to me there isn’t unanimous agreement on this point here.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You seem to think so.
I only respond in kind to you.
Your stock in trade is exaggeration, and you find it bothersome to have it highlighted.

Reaction Score
They did everything in their power to lose this game. Just frustrating to lose a game that was winnable by losing their poise.

Reaction Score
You mean like Bouknight going to the lottery last year. The guy hasn’t even coach for four years yet
No, I mean like Jackson who announcers say who has NBA talent-his game is barely improving. I am guessing he is working hard in practice, but still can't shoot and shows very limited skills handling the ball. He had numerous offers but has shown minimal improvement.
The 2 guards Hawkins and Diggins show very little. Josh Carlton barely played at Uconn last year now one of the leading players on one of the top teams in the country. Samson Johnson?? I see quite a few who were very highly touted showing a lack of development.

Reaction Score
No, I mean like Jackson who announcers say who has NBA talent-his game is barely improving. I am guessing he is working hard in practice, but still can't shoot and shows very limited skills handling the ball. He had numerous offers but has shown minimal improvement.
The 2 guards Hawkins and Diggins show very little. Josh Carlton barely played at Uconn last year now one of the leading players on one of the top teams in the country. Samson Johnson?? I see quite a few who were very highly touted showing a lack of development.
The issue is that you're counting guys who actually have improved and saying they haven't. Jackson's shooting still isn't a strength but I'm not sure what to say if you can't see the improvement from last year. He averaged 3 points, 3 rebounds, 1.5 assists a game on 11 percent shooting from 3 last year and is averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2.5 assists this year on 42% shooting from 3.

Hawkins has improved throughout the year, especially on th defensive end. Sanogo has become an All Big East player as a sophomore. The lack of development/stagnation of some of the older players has been disappointing but saying we haven't developed high recruits is crazy

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
coach shoulda decked that zebra, then let the lawyers sort it out.
oh, well.
team plays real hard for him, periodic knuckleheadedness notwithstanding.
danny is cool, and good on ajax for barking a bit. someone has to, and everrbuddy else is too nice. go ajax go!

Reaction Score
Icing on the cake:

Softee.

That's the time to mend fences not burn the entire bridge down. You have to be able to get out of the moment and think long term. A little self reflection and anger management would help our coach focus more on strategy. We don't want to have to wait 3-5 years for him to mellow out a few notches. Not blaming him for every loss because it's not a secret we come up short on perimeter shooters and finishes. It's not going to magically fix itself.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Show some respect for the Grand Canyon.

When someone from another fan base is selling such hyperbole to exploit an opponent's already apparent vulnerability, it's trolling that lacks its own sense of proportion.

His team is enjoying its best season in a long time, and its coach (an admirable enough guy) might well put himself in position to improve upon his lifetime 1-5 NCAA record, but for now, his stating the obvious needed be occasion to join in by adding the word "crazy" because unanimity isn't achieved on a relative non-point.

At least wait until someone mounts a credible debate on the topic, before playing along with his provocation.
I was showing some respect for JC.

I kind of llike DH, but these antics are hurting, not helping. Our players should not have to worry that their coach is going to sabotage their on-court effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom