Typical Hurley smh | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Typical Hurley smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just watched Iona, Utah State, and St Louis all lose after the UConn game. All 3 fairly big favorites. Two playing at home. Tis the season for CBB craziness. Loads of inconsistent play and catching lightning in a bottle all over in every conference.

Reaction Score
Agreed with arguing with fans. Like he should just never do that. But Calhoun did the same things with officials. He cursed reporters out. He just didn’t have social media detailing his every moment.
There’s a difference Calhoun did it in a manner that the refs respected and feared him. Danny is a joke to the officials. He looks and acts like a toddler who doesn’t get his way. No ref is ever going to respect or fear those antics

Calhoun mastered the art. Hurley fails miserably at it

Reaction Score
the man is immature and a clown and as his tenure at UConn inevitably turns to failure, the meltdown will be spectacular. I cannot imagine a rational parent ever wanting to have this man mentor their son into adulthood.
Did Hurley not recruit a relative at Wagner or something.

Reaction Score
Agreed with arguing with fans. Like he should just never do that. But Calhoun did the same things with officials. He cursed reporters out. He just didn’t have social media detailing his every moment.
I agree Calhoun got on officials but he was a different level coach than DH and he had the respect of the officials. I don't know how much respect DH has garnered yet. I like DH but the chip on his shoulder gets in his way at times.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Regardless of the ending, to be in that game to the end without having Cole for a long portion of the game should be a positive everyone can take from this. Gaffney finally showed some confidence in a backup role. I live in Cincy, Xavier is a great atmosphere, not an easy road game. We didn't get blown out and made it competitive against a ranked team, on the road, without our PG. Chill.

Reaction Score
Just watched Iona, Utah State, and St Louis all lose after the UConn game. All 3 fairly big favorites. Two playing at home. Tis the season for CBB craziness. Loads of inconsistent play and catching lightning in a bottle all over in every conference.
The other positive is that the Bonnies finally won a big road game to help our metrics a little.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You gotta play through contact.

Not avoid it and throw up wild shots
This team takes a very high percentage of low percentage shots. They aren't so much missed shots as they are bad shots.

This post above highlights one of the recognizable varieties, along with rushed shots, late shots, poorly positioned shots, shots taken in crowds, shots in the direction of the backboard but not focused on the basket.

The well-spaced threes that don't go in disappointment, but it doesn't seem dumb that the shot was taken. I'm much more unhappy by shots that provoke me to yell at the TV or angrily txt, "That was a terrible shot." "Why'd he do that?" "NONONONO."
I hate the terrible shots.
The undrawn fouls, the rim misses that cost the possession.

And too high a percentage of them simply do not look like they were forced by the other team.

I also hate when a decent look is passed up, and then a bad shot is chosen soon after.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It was a bad T despite knowing it was a tough call can’t happen. The bad decisions by the players hurt more than anything. RJ missed a wide open AJ for an easy deuce which would have cut it to 2 and had them reeling. Same on Martins attempt to finish which was weak.

Just a bad loss for many reasons they don’t look prepared at all when in close games.
They really truly do not look as though someone has prepared them. They are not in common focus. They don't look like a tuneout could be used to remind them what the game plan is. It's like they're being told this is how we want to approach the final 4-minute segment. None of that. Not like you could ask and get the same answer from all on the team if asked, "What's the overall 2nd half plan?" It's not like they aren't in the same page as much as it looks like there isn't a page.

It is SO frustrating to watch. I want to like them so much, but I can't see them grouping together around a strategy.
They make me babble.

Reaction Score
Why? Immature coaches set the stage for immature moves from players. Hurley's technical was inexcusable. Constantly stomping around and blaming the refs for everything eventually rubs off on players.
I’m excited to save this comment for when we’re winning again. Bad tech….but immature coach. Come on.

Reaction Score
Some of u guys have no respect for Hurley. He’s the leader of our team. He’s not perfect but he’s our guy and we Should have his back.
We had a lot of trouble squaring up for 3s tonight and their size inside surprised us abs out Adama in ft. I’m not sure what this has to do with Hurley?

Reaction Score
Some of u guys have no respect for Hurley. He’s the leader of our team. He’s not perfect but he’s our guy and we Should have his back.
We had a lot of trouble squaring up for 3s tonight and their size inside surprised us abs out Adama in ft. I’m not sure what this has to do with Hurley?
Just tired of the close losses to good teams. Especially on the road. This Xavier team was very beatable and we come in and give a shi* effort. If we played at even 70% of the way we played against Marquette we win this game easily. This team is so inconsistent especially defensively.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Down play every win, overstate every loss. We win and it’s, “yea but…….”. We lose and it’s Armageddon. We are an inconsistent, good not great team. That fact that you are using the word “should” implies you think we are better than we are. We aren’t.
I agree with him that we regularly "play stupid." It's painful to watch.
That's neither "Yeah, but..." nor "Armageddon." Those are exaggerations that will make it possible for you to win arguments against people who literally say those phrases, but YOU are the one using those phrases and then putting up a better argument. That's meaningless.

We play with energy and strength and speed, but not purpose or mission. The season will end in a loss to a team that is more focused and relatively as good as we can be. To go further we will need to play smarter. It's only going to get harder, and time is running out.

This team CAN perform better. I want it to.

Reaction Score
Three things bothered me:
1) Defensively, Xavier did what any team with an ounce of common sense should- sag off of Whaley and AJ and effectively take Sanogo out of the game. So why wait until the last three minutes of the game to put Hawkins back in and force them to defend the perimeter?
2) I can understand Nunge and Freemantle being a problem for Adama and Whalley on the perimeter, but why were they continuously wide open under the basket?
3) Scruggs was making AJ look silly on defense for a good stretch of that second half.
I don’t get the Dre hate but Scruggs shook rese to the ground and blew him up as well.

Reaction Score
Why shouldn’t it have been close? This is the problem. You all think we’re better than we are. We shouldn’t be blowing Marquette or Xavier(on the road) out this year. We were in position to win on the road against a top 25 team with a true home court advantage. We lost. We all know at this point we aren’t a top 10 team and a final 4 lock. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves after every loss. It’s miserable. Enjoy the climb. We could be GTown, Cuse, or seton hall. Instead we’re an inconsistent team who is good way more often then they are not. We wanted to be in a top conference. We’ll this is life in a top conference. Win your home games and compete on the road. That’s where we are this year. If you would just adjust your expectations, and stop expecting us to come out and man handle top 25 teams on the road, you’d enjoy yourself more.
Exactly. I was waiting to see the Hurley blows. Sanogo isn’t ready. Cole is just okay. Gaff has receded. AJ doesn’t slow down. More Hawk. Polley is one dimensional. Where is Johnson and shool. No adjustments. Out coaches. HERO ball. The same stuff every game. It’s tiring. Xavier is a solid team with competent players and a legit frontline. They were home giving us 5.5 points in Vegas. What was the score? They had a run of bad bounces and calls that was bound to end. As usual it was against us but at least the 8th guy off the bench didn’t have a career night!! This is the conference we wanted back into. We got it. And have a lot of tough games left. No bad losses this year. That is a goal in B a conference like ours. Let’s beat the johnnies and get another run together.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Hurley is utilizing AJ skills to the fullest … AJ should never be on the perimeter, he should be the pick and roll guy, the catch the oop guy , the catch it on the block and use his athleticism guy , he should always be around the basket …. He rebounds well, runs well, … but Hurley wants him shooting 3s and playing with the ball on perimeter and then ask him to create for others …
I think the lack of second ball handler made this happen. Also gives more skill set for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom