Typical Hurley smh | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Typical Hurley smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Prove it. I’ve been saying we’re good not great all season. I’ve always argued with the we suck crowd. Some of you struggle to understand nuance. It’s like you find it hard to believe someone can stand in the middle of 2 extremes. The truth is always somewhere in the middle. And that’s we’re my opinion on this team is and has always been.
You’re delusional. I told you at the beginning of the season, when we were crushing tomato cans, that this was the same group that put up 90 last year against average/below average teams and then struggled to crack 60 against decent teams. Your response was that I was making a big mistake thinking this team was last year’s team. Now it seems like you’ve finally figured out that yeah, it is pretty much is on the level of last year’s team, and you’re lecturing other people on their expectations. Hilarious.

Reaction Score
You’re delusional. I told you at the beginning of the season, when we were crushing tomato cans, that this was the same group that put up 90 last year against average/below average teams and then struggled to crack 60 against decent teams. Your response was that I was making a big mistake thinking this team was last year’s team. Now it seems like you’ve finally figured out that yeah, it is pretty much is on the level of last year’s team, and you’re lecturing other people on their expectations. Hilarious.
Oh shut up, you would never actually say that to me in person. Keep it respectful. But frankly I don’t care anymore. But to oblige you briefly, no one is lecturing anyone on their early season expectations. I have no problem saying you were spot on. My point is for those of us who were higher on the team early on it’s time to adjust your expectations and stop torturing yourself after every loss.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m not certain but the UConn blog reported it. Funny I rarely read it except for hockey updates ( Great win last night BTW) but that was what they reported. I have no idea if it is accurate or not. Which is why I said “If so”. It wasn’t reported elsewhere that I saw anyway. In a sense it doesn’t matter, though. You need to understand the situation and A. Not get a tech there; B. Not bad mouth the refs in your press conference; and C. Quit picking fights with everyone from fans to refs to other coaches. Maybe Bob Knight could do that, but Dan Hurley doesn’t have the resume to get away with that stuff.
With that in mind, maybe going forward Hurley should try throwing a chair out onto the court?;)

Reaction Score
The issue is that you're counting guys who actually have improved and saying they haven't. Jackson's shooting still isn't a strength but I'm not sure what to say if you can't see the improvement from last year. He averaged 3 points, 3 rebounds, 1.5 assists a game on 11 percent shooting from 3 last year and is averaging 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2.5 assists this year on 42% shooting from 3.

Hawkins has improved throughout the year, especially on th defensive end. Sanogo has become an All Big East player as a sophomore. The lack of development/stagnation of some of the older players has been disappointing but saying we haven't developed high recruits is crazy
His numbers are up. He is playing almost twice as much-he is not playing much better in my view. He still has marginal shooting, passing, dribbling and driving abilities, which are all components of the guard position.

Reaction Score
Oh shut up, you would never actually say that to me in person. Keep it respectful. But frankly I don’t care anymore. But to oblige you briefly, no one is lecturing anyone on their early season expectations. I have no problem saying you were spot on. My point is for those of us who were higher on the team early on it’s time to adjust your expectations and stop torturing yourself after every loss.
Never say that to you in person. What exactly? That you're delusional?

You're the one pulling the tough guy routine here. Sit some plays out.

Reaction Score
This is why we have bad takes on this board, I’m sorry but this performance bothers me more then hard takes on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom