Typical Hurley smh | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Typical Hurley smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The players don’t get a pass , let’s be Frank they be messing up too lol …. My point is at that time in the game Hurley can’t get that T & give up Crucial defining points

Reaction Score
What makes me so mad is we lost to a mediocre team at best. This and the Creighton loss should never have happened. Some of the other ones also, but we definitely should not have loss to those two teams. AJ needs to concentrate on being sound and not f-up the basics. Him and Gaffney have butter fingers. Like I said best possible outcome sweet 16 and that’s me reaching.

Reaction Score
Do you not remember Calhoun purposely getting T’s to fire up his team? Your coach having your back like that goes a lot further than giving up those two points.

It’s like people forget what they complain about is what they used to love…
He did it with a purpose. Danny sees red and can’t control it.

Reaction Score
Calhoun always conveyed control. If he got a T it was in control. His anger was in control. He was emotional but understood the moment.

Nothing about DHs antics suggest he is in control. It does not motivate or calm in tight situations. This league is hard every game. If he is going to be an emotional mess at every game his players will fray down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Big first half helped. Should’ve never been close in that one either. It is college basketball this year but for UConn it’s been the pattern for 2-3 years in close games that’s the reality.
Why shouldn’t it have been close? This is the problem. You all think we’re better than we are. We shouldn’t be blowing Marquette or Xavier(on the road) out this year. We were in position to win on the road against a top 25 team with a true home court advantage. We lost. We all know at this point we aren’t a top 10 team and a final 4 lock. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves after every loss. It’s miserable. Enjoy the climb. We could be GTown, Cuse, or seton hall. Instead we’re an inconsistent team who is good way more often then they are not. We wanted to be in a top conference. We’ll this is life in a top conference. Win your home games and compete on the road. That’s where we are this year. If you would just adjust your expectations, and stop expecting us to come out and man handle top 25 teams on the road, you’d enjoy yourself more.

Reaction Score
Big first half helped. Should’ve never been close in that one either. It is college basketball this year but for UConn it’s been the pattern for 2-3 years in close games that’s the reality.
They are what they are at this point. Everyone gets too high/low with this team. They’re a 6-7 seed team whose likely outcome is winning a game in the tourney. We all wanna see more than that, but their inconsistency and style play suggest that’s about what they are.

Reaction Score
That's exactly how I saw it too.
I'm with you. Blaming Hurley makes very little logical sense:
1) if you think our players are sub-par players and subpar athletes, then Hurley is doing a coach - of - the -year type performance, keeping them ranked for a good part of the year.
2) if you think the players are top notch, elite level players, then it would be Hurleys fault. But did you really see elite level talent tonight? Did you really?

Reaction Score
What makes me so mad is we lost to a mediocre team at best. This and the Creighton loss should never have happened. Some of the other ones also, but we definitely should not have loss to those two teams. AJ needs to concentrate on being sound and not f-up the basics. Him and Gaffney have butter fingers. Like I said best possible outcome sweet 16 and that’s me reaching.
we’re a mediocre team. step it it up the pope of Jersey city

Reaction Score
Why shouldn’t it have been close? This is the problem. You all think we’re better than we are. We shouldn’t be blowing Marquette or Xavier(on the road) out this year. We were in position to win on the road against a top 25 team with a true home court advantage. We lost. We all know at this point we aren’t a top 10 team and a final 4 lock. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves after every loss. It’s miserable. Enjoy the climb. We could be GTown, Cuse, or seton hall. Instead we’re an inconsistent team who is good way more often then they are not. We wanted to be in a top conference. We’ll this is life in a top conference. Win your home games and compete on the road. That’s where we are this year. If you would just adjust your expectations, and stop expecting us to come out and man handle top 25 teams on the road, you’d enjoy yourself more.

That’s not what I’m thinking that’s what you’re thinking. It shouldn’t have been close because we begin to play stupid and we hardly ever adjust when required. Please don’t tell me what I’m thinking and start admitting we lose a lot more close ones than we win. And in many of those we lose leads because of bad decisions from both the players and the staff

Reaction Score
Or not passing to a guy for a dunk on a break and instead going one on three hero ball with the game on the line…

I don‘t think its hero ball, its just not making the right decisions and not being able to finish

Reaction Score
You could make the argument that Jackson doesn't end up with a technical if Hurley doesn't get one first. Players will model their coaches. Hurley set the stage for aggravation and Jackson followed suit. As a coach, you've got to be more mature than your players and show them how to respond to adversity.

At this point I would start Hawk over AJ. I just don‘t see the value in the minutes AJ is getting.

Reaction Score
That’s not what I’m thinking that’s what you’re thinking. It shouldn’t have been close because we begin to play stupid and we hardly ever adjust when required. Please don’t tell me what I’m thinking and start admitting we lose a lot more close ones than we win. And in many of those we lose leads because of bad decisions from both the players and the staff.
Down play every win, overstate every loss. We win and it’s, “yea but…….”. We lose and it’s Armageddon. We are an inconsistent, good not great team. That fact that you are using the word “should” implies you think we are better than we are. We aren’t.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Didn't Jackson drain a much needed 3 right before that?

The drive that was into traffic rather than dumping it off for a layup right before the ball went out

Reactions: JCD
Reaction Score
The boneyard calling Xavier mediocre is boneyard lunacy
Down play every win, overstate every loss. We win and it’s, “yea but…….”. We lose and it’s Armageddon. We are an inconsistent, good not great team. That fact that you are using the word “should” implies you think we are better than we are. We aren’t.

No pal you’re always saying “not a bad loss” lol. Glad you’re happy watching the same ol mediocrity just don’t acknowledge that I’m not. This is UConn, not acceptable. But by all means blow smoke up their butts when the bubble makes its way in the conversation.

10-7 in games that mean anything tell me that’s ok?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog