Tyler Polley returning to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley returning to UConn

Reaction Score
Hurley deserves a ton of credit here. You cant put a price on 5th year seniors who already have 4 years in a system. Especially effective ones. Its a great move.
Going to be huge for Diggins, Hawkins, and Samson. It all fits in line with his constant talk about program building/culture. Hurley seems to have a pretty high percentage of getting the players he hones in on. Did it with the last few classes and Carlton and Adams who didn't fit (through no fault of their own) moved on to situations that hopefully fit them better and the kids who fit and Hurley clearly wanted to return are back.

Reaction Score
This is a very good move. I think it opens lots of options now for how we use the open scholarships. Take some guys that can sit a year like Springs, take a risk on a guy that may not be a perfect fit since we'll have rotation options. Can even save one for in season if there's a Mac Etienne type who wants to come a semester early

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They have different skillsets but Polley is still gonna take away minutes at the 4

We have some overlap flexibilities. Sanogo is a pure 5 but Whaley and Akok and Springs can plug in at 4 and 5, Martin and Polley can plug in at 4 and 3. AJ can be 2 or 3. Lot of interesting lineup possibilities. I would really like to see Hurley running this year to take advantage of depth.

Reaction Score
They have different skillsets but Polley is still gonna take away minutes at the 4
but i dont foresee springs or polley getting consistent time at the 4 we've got others much better suited there i.e. whaley, akok, and martin

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have some overlap flexibilities. Sanogo is a pure 5 but Whaley and Springs can plug in at 4 and 5, Martin and Polley can plug in at 4 and 3. Lot of interesting lineup possibilities. I would really like to see Hurley running this year to take advantage of depth.
Agree but think we still need more dynamic guards and a wing to run. Ajax maybe improves in areas too he's a hardworking kid. Lots of "ifs" but exciting possibilities nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I think people forget that he was a 40% 3 pt shooter his Freshman and Junior seasons. And a 90% FT shooter last season.

And last year was just a weird year, coming off an ACL, nonetheless. The people down on Polley are pretty mindboggling to me. Nevermind the fact he was Big East 6th man of the year coming off injury.
He spent most of his off season rehabbing....now he can work on shooting and other skills

Reaction Score
Yeah, he is the arbiter of all things true.
Well, right now you're on 40% on 5 attempts for Polley and a double double for Carlton.

I think you'll likely be right on the 40%, but not the attempts. I think Carlton will have a good year but nowhere near a double double.

Reaction Score
Hurley deserves a ton of credit here. You cant put a price on 5th year seniors who already have 4 years in a system. Especially effective ones. Its a great move.
Hurley has his flaws for sure, but he really does develop a family like atmosphere. If he can start to address some of his weaknesses (substitution patterns being a large one), he really can achieve what we hope he can. Not many college coaches inspire the loyalty and family attitude he does.

Reaction Score
I expect Polley to break out next season, primarily because of his experience and playing against 'much' younger players.

His confidence should be sky high, hopefully to the tune of feeling unstoppable.

I'm serious!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I expect Polley to break out next season, primarily because of his experience and playing against 'much' younger players.

His confidence should be sky high, hopefully to the tune of feeling unstoppable.

I'm serious!

Maybe the next arrival of Onions from deep (RA) .

Reaction Score
So DH has nailed down his two most important off season recruits-IW/Tyler Phommachanh..

Now onto the portal and possible reclass targets to fill in some roster needs.

Sool is opening up his Rolodex.

Reaction Score
Please tell me we're still going to go after a scorer. Polley is not a scorer. This is fine that he's coming back and not taking up a scholarship, but please let's not act like this guy is going to be our #1 option next year. If he is, we are in big, big trouble. CBI here we come.
No one has said that or insinuated that. This is a CBI level post by you

Reaction Score
Polley played a few very complete games before getting injured. I'm hopeful we will get more out of him next season. I like this better than picking up a transfer with marginally better upside at best. Tyler knows the schemes and he's a great teammate. He and Gaff just need to find another gear and develop some swagger.

Reaction Score
dagger GIF by emibob

Reaction Score
If this means another year of Dove making Polley want a cracker jokes than I will have to live with it.
But wouldn't Polley have to transfer to a southern school to get an actual cracker?? Asking for a friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom