Tyler Polley returning to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley returning to UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
#Boneyardmoments

1618424520162.png

Reaction Score
Just thinking and obviously hoping there will be a better Tyler coming back. Full off season to work on what he needs to get better at rather than just rehabbing an injury. Will get another step of quickness back as well so this is real good news for the Huskies no matter.

Reaction Score
He's excellent at the most important skill in this game. Huge addition.

Hurley's off-season recruiting to retain the best pieces of our own team has been brilliant. The early loyalty paying off here. Feels like every other team in America has had important pieces transfer or not return. We haven't lost anyone we needed.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
over 5 a game.
I think people forget that he was a 40% 3 pt shooter his Freshman and Junior seasons. And a 90% FT shooter last season.

And last year was just a weird year, coming off an ACL, nonetheless. The people down on Polley are pretty mindboggling to me. Nevermind the fact he was Big East 6th man of the year coming off injury.

Reaction Score
i can only see hurley filling 1 of the open schollys. if he brings in more than 13 guys they will be redshirts
I agree. A roster of 15 scholarship players seems too unmanageable. Unless, like you said, he brings someone in to red shirt or be a “developmental” player who is not expecting to play a lot. It’s nice to have the flexibility though.

I really want to see one more guy added.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
i can only see hurley filling 1 of the open schollys. if he brings in more than 13 guys they will be redshirts
My pure guess is unless a big talent throws himself at DH, we are all set for now.

Reaction Score
don't see much overlap potential. springs is 6'9-6'10 225 and offensive rebounding is his best skill. should be 3rd string C this year

much respect to polley tho. unlike whaley, a starting spot and 20-25 mpg is far from guaranteed. i foresee a time share at SF with aj and martin.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think people forget that he was a 40% 3 pt shooter his Freshman and Junior seasons. And a 90% FT shooter last season.

And last year was just a weird year, coming off an ACL, nonetheless. The people down on Polley are pretty mindboggling to me. Nevermind the fact he was Big East 6th man of the year coming off injury.
If some 6'9" guy from a midmajor who only shot 3's was in the portal this board would be begging for him. and I'm not even a huge Polley fan.

Reaction Score
Please tell me we're still going to go after a scorer. Polley is not a scorer. This is fine that he's coming back and not taking up a scholarship, but please let's not act like this guy is going to be our #1 option next year. If he is, we are in big, big trouble. CBI here we come.

Reaction Score
Please tell me we're still going to go after a scorer. Polley is not a scorer. This is fine that he's coming back and not taking up a scholarship, but please let's not act like this guy is going to be our #1 option next year. If he is, we are in big, big trouble. CBI here we come.
Where do you people come from? Pretty sure nobody in the history of the board said Polley is our #1 option.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Hurley's off-season recruiting to retain the best pieces of our own team has been brilliant. The early loyalty paying off here. Feels like every other team in America has had important pieces transfer or not return. We haven't lost anyone we needed.

Hurley deserves a ton of credit here. You cant put a price on 5th year seniors who already have 4 years in a system. Especially effective ones. Its a great move.

Reaction Score
don't see much overlap potential. springs is 6'9-6'10 225 and offensive rebounding is his best skill. should be 3rd string C this year

much respect to polley tho. unlike whaley, a starting spot and 20-25 mpg is far from guaranteed. i foresee a time share at SF with aj and martin
They have different skillsets but Polley is still gonna take away minutes at the 4

Reaction Score

I was just thinking the same thing. I mean, of course there's no way anyone could have thought that we'd be in this position to welcome back seniors for an extra year, but Hurley's decision to keep players on the roster instead of running them off when he arrived is paying huge dividends now that we are getting a 5th year out of Whaley and Polley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom