Tyler Betsey to announce today! (Commits to Cincinnati) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tyler Betsey to announce today! (Commits to Cincinnati)

Reaction Score
Also his analogy makes no sense. More like freshman prom to junior prom. It’s good to take a kid who’s already been developed. If Cam Spencer had previously turned us down, would TheHorde have said not to take him for the 2023-24 season?
No it makes perfect sense. Thanks for playing.

Reaction Score
Is this the end of our dear friend the Tyler Betsey thread? I can hardly remember life without it.

Reaction Score
Thought he said he wasn’t really much of a UConn fan growing up because he never watched much basketball? Whatever, next. Wish him luck but not a good move!
First thing I thought of when I read that also, which is why I posted it. As you said, whatever. We’ll be just fine.

Reaction Score
hold me diiiiiiicccckkk marshawn lynch GIF
I’m glad you have a reason to be excited about Cincy basketball… in October.

Reaction Score
So who are our remaining '24 targets at Betsey's position besides Flagg?

Reaction Score
Sorry but these in state players that go elsewhere don't mean that much to me. When we get #6 and #7 their thoughts will go along the lines of "man, I really f,,,,d up, I should have been part of that"

Reaction Score
Sorry but these in state players that go elsewhere don't mean that much to me. When we get #6 and #7 their thoughts will go along the lines of "man, I really f,,,,d up, I should have been part of that"

Funny I was writing in my reply “…I wish him the best” but do I mean it? Sure want him to have a healthy, educational career at Cinci. Hope he has a nice career but I hope he’s lucky if he plays in the NIT actually at best. Agree with you!

Reaction Score
I mean honestly does it even matter? We’re poised to have a great year, transfers will want to come here. If we whiff we can just go to the portal, or find a guy who decommits in the spring when his coach gets fired, or a guy who is lower ranked now and blows up over the course of this season. There are many players in each of these categories every year.

caw

Reaction Score

Don't have any really right now known. 2024 commit Abraham is the same position though probably more a 4/3, where Betsey is more a 3/4.

Flagg could theoretically play 3/4/5. Edgecombe is a big 2, or maybe a 3 in college.

On the plus side UConn has two players already on the roster in Stewart and Ross that play the same position as Betsey from 2023 class. Not to mention Johnson and Karaban potentially being around and overlapping positionally and maybe Roumoglou.

Reaction Score
TB seems like a nice kid, no one should wish him ill because he chose another school, and it's very kind for some here to say he should be offered a second chance at UConn via the portal, but it would be more interesting to know just what it was about "CincU" that "separated it".

Was it their new membership in their 10th Conference (the Big18)?

Was it those two championships 60 years ago when they were in the Metro? Well two is double the number won at each of South Canada and Georgetown, so you have to give them that.

Was it the coach? Took till his 6th year to have a winning record but then had a nice last four years in his league at UNC Greensboro. Post season not so much.

Is it all the players the school and the coach have sent to the NBA in the past 10-20 years?

Will he get airline miles for all their far flung travel? That sure separates him from his time on campus.

Or maybe he's a kid with too many good options and just happened to pick the one the rest of the country is scoffing at.

Reaction Score
TB seems like a nice kid, no one should wish him ill because he chose another school, and it's very kind for some here to say he should be offered a second chance at UConn via the portal, but it would be more interesting to know just what it was about "CincU" that "separated it".

Was it their new membership in their 10th Conference (the Big18)?

Was it those two championships 60 years ago when they were in the Metro? Well two is double the number won at each of South Canada and Georgetown, so you have to give them that.

Was it the coach? Took till his 6th year to have a winning record but then had a nice last four years in his league at UNC Greensboro. Post season not so much.

Is it all the players the school and the coach have sent to the NBA in the past 10-20 years?

Will he get airline miles for all their far flung travel? That sure separates him from his time on campus.

Or maybe he's a kid with too many good options and just happened to pick the one the rest of the country is scoffing at.
The answer to why Cincinnati has been mentioned on this board endlessly for the past 6 months. His HS coach is former Cincinnati guard Cane Broome

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom