Tyler Betsey to announce today! (Commits to Cincinnati) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Betsey to announce today! (Commits to Cincinnati)

Reaction Score
Just depends on whether this kid wants to play for championships or first-round exits.

Reaction Score
So he pulling a LeBron going to CT just to announce your going else where from home

There was never an expectation he would stay home. He's proud of his hometown high school and wants to announce there. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I know a teacher at the school who says everyone is thrilled about it.

Reaction Score
There was never an expectation he would stay home. He's proud of his hometown high school and wants to announce there. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I know a teacher at the school who says everyone is thrilled about it.
All those kids love Ken Smith. They go off to prep schools for the competition but always come back for him.

Reaction Score
Blows my mind that a top 40 kid from CT would rather go to a team that will be in the middle of the pack in the Big 12 every year instead of his hometown team that just won the NC and is positioned to compete for more. Crazy.

Reaction Score
Blows my mind that a top 40 kid from CT would rather go to a team that will be in the middle of the pack in the Big 12 every year instead of his hometown team that just won the NC and is positioned to compete for more. Crazy.
If that is the case he probably didn't want to compete for minutes.

Reaction Score
While I’m disappointed, I’d like to think it was the coaching connection that swung the decision. We aren’t close enough to the young man to determine all of the factors and the weighting of them that factored in I guess. Welp on to the next prospects.

Reaction Score
All those kids love Ken Smith. They go off to prep schools for the competition but always come back for him.

I don't really like Kenny for basketball reasons, but I gotta agree with that. His kids love him.

Reaction Score
If that is the case he probably didn't want to compete for minutes.
If his goal is to play in the NBA someday being the feature option on Cinci in the big 12 is probably just as good an option as coming to UConn and battling with a host of top 100 recruits for minutes. Obviously I wish he would come here but I dont think this is a crazy idea by him

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If his goal is to play in the NBA someday being the feature option on Cinci in the big 12 is probably just as good an option as coming to UConn and battling with a host of top 100 recruits for minutes. Obviously I wish he would come here but I dont think this is a crazy idea by him
I don’t think his decision has anything to do with minutes, basketball etc.

It’s a mix of things. But he’s not running from competition.

Reaction Score
right? It's exact argument people make why people should come play football here instead of be a second or third stringer in one of the P5 schools

Reaction Score
I don’t think his decision has anything to do with minutes, basketball etc.

It’s a mix of things. But he’s not running from competition.
Not saying he is running from competition but I would imagine he will have a much bigger role in the offense on day 1 there as opposed to what he would have with us

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not saying he is running from competition but I would imagine he will have a much bigger role in the offense on day 1 there as opposed to what he would have with us
That’s true, but I don’t think that’s why he’s not coming here.

Some people just really like the idea of leaving CT and experiencing something new.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
One of the best coaches in state history. Amazing teacher of the game.

If he didn’t love helping kids so much he’d easily be a college coach.

Reaction Score

Good coach in the best conference in CBB with plenty of PT. It's not a bad choice if you take on the blue-tinted glasses.

Reaction Score
He was never sold on staying in-state. Not everyone wants to stay home. Some prefer the climate and beauty of Cincinnati. To each his own. If it was me I be playing for Hawaii or Pepperdine, but I digress. I'm not going to give advice.

Reaction Score
right? It's exact argument people make why people should come play football here instead of be a second or third stringer in one of the P5 schools
It's bragging rights and our football team ain't providing those.

Reaction Score
He's a good 3&D prospect with great height/length but he still just shoots and plays D at this point.

He either needs to develop his whole game or become an absolute knockdown shooter and versatile defender. There's nobody better in the country than the guy coaching a half hour away from his home for that. I love hometown kids playing at the state U but this one actually doesn't hurt at all. Griffiths hurt at the time as I'm a big fan of that kid's game.

Reaction Score
He’ll listen to mom last second if he wants to be relevant. Doubt it but never know!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I would prefer Bama between the 2, just for personal rooting reasons. I like Betsey, I’m going to be rooting for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom