2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love that he's probably going to Cinci so we barely have to see or hear of him during the season. No hard feelings here. We're loaded, he waited to long too to commit and Hurley focused on other players. Hard to imagine a CT kid feeling at home in Alabama. Alabama....

Reaction Score
This kid is getting bad advice.
One school on his list screams out that it doesn’t belong. And that’s the one he’s choosing. I have no idea what it is but it’s gotta be something way beyond basketball.

Reaction Score
One school on his list screams out that it doesn’t belong. And that’s the one he’s choosing. I have no idea what it is but it’s gotta be something way beyond basketball.
Broome relationship

Reaction Score
Who knows what goes behind the obvious. Wish he decided not to stay close to home. Whatever.

Reaction Score
Disappointed Oh No GIF by Xbox

Richard Kent is really going down with the ship on this one

Reaction Score
Once a decision date is announced, the decision has been made. It's not a race anymore.
I would probably agree with that take under normal circumstances. The Betsey recruitment doesn’t seem normal though - especially if that “vocal family member” is mom.

Reaction Score
Once a decision date is announced, the decision has been made. It's not a race anymore.

The entire way people frame recruiting as a "race" is super weird. They act like the kids don't have 100 different factors at play, including teenage hormones impacting their decision-making. But I guess it makes for easy clicks.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati wouldn’t be an awful choice for the kid if coaching relationship is the driver. It would be similar to Griffith’s decision. Alabama on the other hand would be in my opinion. I think it would be shortsighted to chase NIL at the expense of UConn’s playbook and better ability to showcase and develop his game for the next level in my opinion. But I don’t wish the kid badly if he doesn’t come here. It would just be an out of sight out of mind situation.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Cinci is cookin a bit on the recruiting trail. Wes Miller is a good coach. And obviously now they’re in one of the two best basketball leagues in the country. It’s not surprising they’re going to start pulling dudes.

Reaction Score
I don't think he took an official visit here, is this true? I would think if we were in it at all, he would take an official visit and get the full experience.

Reaction Score
I don't think he took an official visit here, is this true? I would think if we were in it at all, he would take an official visit and get the full experience.
He visited June 9-11. Not sure if it was official though.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It never really seemed like this kid had much interest in staying home so I don't really have any feeling about this one way or another but, man, the University of Cincinnati seems like a miserable place to go to school.
Why would you say something like that? My daughter graduated from U of Cincinnati in 2021. She had a great experience, graduated with a nursing degree and is a cardiac ICU nurse now. The campus is nice and easy to navigate. The football stadium sits squarely in the middle of the campus. The football team had a great run under Luke Fickell and we attended many games including the national semifinal in Dallas. Basketball was down while she was there but the program has a lot of history and a new arena on campus. Lots of bars near campus, and the downtown area has plenty of nice places to eat and drink. All the pro stadiums are next to each other on the Ohio river. We live near Chicago and had never been to Cincy before we took a college visit and we were impressed by the school and the city. I'm sure you are just busting stones but U of Cincy is far from a miserable place to go to school.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why would you say something like that? My daughter graduated from U of Cincinnati in 2021. She had a great experience, graduated with a nursing degree and is a cardiac ICU nurse now. The campus is nice and easy to navigate. The football stadium sits squarely in the middle of the campus. The football team had a great run under Luke Fickell and we attended many games including the national semifinal in Dallas. Basketball was down while she was there but the program has a lot of history and a new arena on campus. Lots of bars near campus, and the downtown area has plenty of nice places to eat and drink. All the pro stadiums are next to each other on the Ohio river. We live near Chicago and had never been to Cincy before we took a college visit and we were impressed by the school and the city. I'm sure you are just busting stones but U of Cincy is far from a miserable place to go to school.
My neighbor's son went there, also really enjoyed it. It's also a pretty good school, we're not talking Memphis here.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
How he handled the whole thing last year not withstanding, I think Oats is an excellent coach and developer and has that program humming. It makes much more sense to me to choose Bama.

Cincy shocks me a tad. But maybe they promise him “The Man” role and shot quantity? Who knows.

Reaction Score
Can you translate this for me? Lol
You probably get it. Taking an unrelated "incoming Fairfield news" gif from Trilly to joke that Betsey is going there instead of his other choices.

Reaction Score
My neighbor's son went there, also really enjoyed it. It's also a pretty good school, we're not talking Memphis here.
And it's a Catholic university so some importance is placed on academics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom