2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey down to 7 schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
seems like a waste of time and resources at this point. we should not be doubling down on betsey it should be all hands on deck for ngongab and flagg. we need at least 1 of those 2.
Spreading too think with like 8 guys is too much, but these seem to be the 3 we’re actually pursuing, so no I don’t think it’s a waste.

Reaction Score
Spreading too think with like 8 guys is too much, but these seem to be the 3 we’re actually pursuing, so no I don’t think it’s a waste.
Yeah I'm not really sure what the alternative is at this point. There's only 3 recruits we seem to still be after, and even if Betsey and Ngongba are longshots there's not really a recruit to reallocate that time too. There's only so much time to put into Flagg. I guess Edgecombe is the only other guy, but that's even more of a longshot

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not really sure what the alternative is at this point. There's only 3 recruits we seem to still be after, and even if Betsey and Ngongba are longshots there's not really a recruit to reallocate that time too. There's only so much time to put into Flagg. I guess Edgecombe is the only other guy, but that's even more of a longshot
sounds like it will take A LOT of time and energy to make up ground with betsey at this point, time that would be better spent on ngongba, flagg and all the '25 guys, but if staff thinks it worthwhile than go for it.

Reaction Score
sounds like it will take A LOT of time and energy to make up ground with betsey at this point, time that would be better spent on ngongba, flagg and all the '25 guys, but if staff thinks it worthwhile than go for it.
You lose me when you say it's better spent on Ngongba. As an outsider we appear to be in a far better spot with Betsey. Ngongba just planned a bunch of visits and we didn't even get one. That's not exactly an encouraging sign he's coming here

Reaction Score
You lose me when you say it's better spent on Ngongba. As an outsider we appear to be in a far better spot with Betsey. Ngongba just planned a bunch of visits and we didn't even get one. That's not exactly an encouraging sign he's coming here
i didnt realize that. i thought there was still hope for ngongba visit. also some bias there since 5* bigs are harder to land. but on the last page NJ hoops just said betsey never wanted to come here so that made it all seem like a waste of time that was potentially being compounded. guess it's flagg or bust to round out the class of 24...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I didn’t mean to open a can of worms in which insults would fly.
Meh, that's like a 50-50 likelihood of The Boneyard these days.

Reaction Score
I used to talk to Grandpa Munster. You guys think Im kidding. But if you know you know.

Al Lewis was a basketball maven, and when he wasn't acting would find a coach who wanted scouting help (basketball staffs beyond a head coach barely existed in those days) and would go wherever he could to scout high school players or an upcoming opponent for a coach. Sort of a poor man's Bill Murray.

More proof that I'm older than dirt.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Al Lewis was a basketball maven, and when he wasn't acting would find a coach who wanted scouting help (basketball staffs beyond a head coach barely existed in those days) and would go wherever he could to scout high school players or an upcoming opponent for a coach. Sort of a poor man's Bill Murray.

More proof that I'm older than dirt.
Maven. Great word. Shana Tova. It’s almost brisket time!

I used to go to Al’s restaurant in the city

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cincinnati I could see with the coaching connection. Alabama would be…a choice. If he doesn’t want to come here…next.

I can’t see scanning your choices and thinking, yes, Wes Miller is the star I want to hitch my wagon to.

UConn will just get him in the transfer portal.

Should stick to unbroken brains.

Reaction Score
Alabama should not be a surprise to anyone who's been following recruiting for the past few years. Cincinnati is a surprise until you look at their coaching staff

Reaction Score
Alabama should not be a surprise to anyone who's been following recruiting for the past few years. Cincinnati is a surprise until you look at their coaching staff
Ok. Save me the effort. Who are their coaches?

Reaction Score
Ok. Save me the effort. Who are their coaches?
Well actually it's the other way around from how I phrased it. But Cane Broome who played at Cincinnati is his HS coach

Reaction Score
Betsey taking too long with his commitment and his options are dwindling.

OT: If I was going to play just one year of college ball, I'd go to Hawaii or Malibu (Pepperdine).

caw

Reaction Score
Well actually it's the other way around from how I phrased it. But Cane Broome who played at Cincinnati is his HS coach

Still not sure why he isn't more interested in UCLA. Broome played for Cronin.

I see Bama though, the way they play is a good fit offensively. Not sure how good they develop players but they have a style that is a very good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom