2022 Recruiting: - Ty Rodgers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Ty Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Consider a simple "Thank you" next time. (It was in the post DIRECTLY above yours.)
You can’t be serious right now. I’m not one for name calling but you can’t be that stupid can you?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You can’t be serious right now. I’m not one for name calling but you can’t be that stupid can you?
Pot, kettle.

When your clarity of expression rises to wondering if such information was ever previously posted, you might also rise to the courtesy of simple, polite appreciation toward someone who provided what you asked for rather than being rude. And you might even acknowledge that he did so without suggesting that you might have missed things elsewhere, as has been demonstrated by others elsewhere on this and other things about Donovan Clingan and his successful recruitment.

NB: I've got pretty much something for any bounceback you want to try as to form/content/attitude/intelligence/grammar/whatever, but I'll henceforth sit tight until you and I both see further metrics in pre-college play and/or performance in a Husky uniform in order to assess if he meets your satisfaction. It's amply clear that you can't yet muster much enthusiasm for how he has shown up so far at age 17, which is your perfect right, however imperfectly expressed.

Over & out.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Pot, kettle.

When your clarity of expression rises to wondering if such information was ever previously posted, you might also rise to the courtesy of simple, polite appreciation toward someone who provided what you asked for rather than being rude. And you might even acknowledge that he did so without suggesting that you might have missed things elsewhere, as has been demonstrated by others elsewhere on this and other things about Donovan Clingan and his successful recruitment.

NB: I've got pretty much something for any bounceback you want to try as to form/content/attitude/intelligence/grammar/whatever, but I'll henceforth sit tight until you and I both see further metrics in pre-college play and/or performance in a Husky uniform in order to assess if he meets your satisfaction. It's amply clear that you can't yet muster much enthusiasm for how he has shown up so far at age 17, which is your perfect right, however imperfectly expressed.

Over & out.
All this when you could've simply just said I missed that.. cause you did. I was told someone told me that information before, that was false. I knew it was false which is why I asked when someone did do that (because they didn't). You jumped in with your cape on saying that the guy was referring to his own post, which is stupid. But if these mental gymnastics you're doing in your post with eloquent writing helps you feel smarter then sure I guess. But you could've simply just said you missed the mark there. I think this is the part of his post you're missing that was false that generated my response.

"you arent being genuine, you were told he won mvp in his aau tourney this spring"

Zip it up & zip it out!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@HuskyWarrior611 in every thread recently.

E811A8E9-2CBA-4D9D-BF86-3EBCB77C0CFF.gif

Reaction Score
Real nice handle for his size. Strong and athletic. Excellent and versatile defender.

He's a 3 pt shot away from being a lottery pick. High ceiling.
I'm starting to come around on him, I was hesitant at first because of the lack of shooting but he's so talented that he's worth taking a shot on. Just tough to play him and Jackson together. Still want Karaban more than anyone else though

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Real nice handle for his size. Strong and athletic. Excellent and versatile defender.

He's a 3 pt shot away from being a lottery pick. High ceiling.
For sure. From those box scores you posted too (appreciate those btw) I like the fact he seems pretty efficient and knows what he does well. Doesn’t try to take a lot of 3s if he’s not a good shooter right now.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to come around on him, I was hesitant at first because of the lack of shooting but he's so talented that he's worth taking a shot on. Just tough to play him and Jackson together. Still want Karaban more than anyone else though

Agree on Karaban. I would be happy if we got Rodgers but much, much prefer a shooter. Understandable that Luke wants to put his stamp on the 2022 class though.

Reaction Score
Rodgers looks great. I so prefer shooters though. Makes life so much easier. Even Syracuse and their crummy squad made noise in the tourney last year because they had a couple guys who could shoot and got hot in March.

Reaction Score
Rodgers looks great. I so prefer shooters though. Makes life so much easier. Even Syracuse and their crummy squad made noise in the tourney last year because they had a couple guys who could shoot and got hot in March.
I agree if we were a very strong shooting team I would feel a lot more comfortable adding him but when we still need shooting is definitely a risk.

Reaction Score
Agree on Karaban. I would be happy if we got Rodgers but much, much prefer a shooter. Understandable that Luke wants to put his stamp on the 2022 class though.
They're so different. Shooting is clearly the most important thing in basketball these days by far but Rodgers is a beast defensively and athletically.

Reaction Score
They're so different. Shooting is clearly the most important thing in basketball these days by far but Rodgers is a beast defensively and athletically.

For sure. I only compare then because they're being recruited for presumably the same scholarship

Reaction Score
I love it! Seems like a Hurley kind of player.
He is definitely a Hurley type of player, reminds me a bit of Ryan Boatright.
Everyone says his shooting is suspect. But look at this video clip of Ty. He's got good form, release and spin. Don't see a real negative shooting wise. Need him, let's get him.

Reaction Score
Everyone says his shooting is suspect. But look at this video clip of Ty. He's got good form, release and spin. Don't see a real negative shooting wise. Need him, let's get him.

Boatright and Rodgers might be the worst comparison in boneyard history. Wow.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Yeah I can't agree with the Boatright and him comparisons. They play two different positions. I would say that I'm not as worried about his shooting because he does have good form. He'd just need reps in the gym. He isn't like AJ who needs to change his shot mechanics significantly.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nice to live in a world where our choices are between these two great prospects. Times are good....and getting better.
God willing Andre Jackson plays well enough this year to allow us to bring both of them on.

Reaction Score
The problem with his shooting isn't the form or even ability to make them, he just doesn't shoot at all from outside. He's going to need to at least take the shots otherwise it'll be a repeat of Andre Jackson last year where the defense plays 10 feet off him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom