2022 Recruiting: - Ty Rodgers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Ty Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't follow AAU like you and some others on here because I'm put off by it, but if I recall correctly he was the top player in Pittsburgh earlier this year. If there is video of it maybe you can check it out if you haven't already.
I sent him video from AAU the last time this came, forget if it was from KC or Pittsburgh but he came away unimpressed and is still throwing out the same nonsense so I've given up hope. Maybe he'll change his mind with the upcoming AAU events Donovan is playing in since those are apparently the only games that matter

Reaction Score
Genuine question, has he shown this ability to score the ball against similar competition in AAU?
you arent being genuine, you were told he won mvp in his aau tourney this spring

"Clingan averaged 19.1 points, 16.0 rebounds, 6.2 blocks and 5.8 assists for the Spartans at the Hoop Group Spring Jam Fest in Pennsylvania. The team went 6-0. Clingan won MVP."

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
you arent being genuine, you were told he won mvp in his aau tourney this spring

"Clingan averaged 19.1 points, 16.0 rebounds, 6.2 blocks and 5.8 assists for the Spartans at the Hoop Group Spring Jam Fest in Pennsylvania. The team went 6-0. Clingan won MVP."
Please show me where someone posted this.

Reaction Score
I love the classic loop of player committing to UConn that we would all have given an arm and leg for and then the weeks-long discussions deep-diving into how this player will never work and how their style play is extremely flawed.

Anyways, let's get Ty Rodgers too.

Reaction Score
navery said he sent you his aau numbers and it was in that huge thread about clingan that got locked, im not about to go looking for it.

but if you were genuinely curious about his numbers you could have googled it in 2 seconds before just spouting off about his perceived shortcomings.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
navery said he sent you his aau numbers and it was in that huge thread about clingan that got locked, im not about to go looking for it.

but if you were genuinely curious about his numbers you could have googled it in 2 seconds before just spouting off about his perceived shortcomings.
Yeah he didn’t talk about the numbers or him winning MVP. He just posted the tape from it. I looked into it though, some of the standouts from the event were guys who didn’t even have 247 profiles so…. Do what you will with that information.

https://twitter.com/coachmilloy55/status/1381368010376626179?s=21

I’ll wait to see what he does at the top 100 camp. I would love for him to shut me the hell up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
2E7E2458-EA23-4944-867C-91F754913559.jpeg

Reaction Score
I assume it’s Rodgers or Karaban. Do we even have room for both? CFJ and Clingan both on board. We are recruiting still recruiting for a guard (anglin).

How many schollies will we have open?

Reaction Score
I assume it’s Rodgers or Karaban. Do we even have room for both? CFJ and Clingan both on board. We are recruiting still recruiting for a guard (anglin).

How many schollies will we have open?
We have 3 open after Floyd and Clingan, but I have a hard time seeing both Rodgers and Karaban coming even if we could theoretically fit both and a guard

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I responded before. Just stop. Ruining 2 threads and counting. Your opinion is just not that important. I assume you are, at heart, A decent guy. Just stop.
You responded to me saying I was trying to move off the topic to telling me to stop. Seems pretty pointless to me but okay. I think, at heart, you want me to keep going ;)

Reaction Score
i saw this last night but couldnt tell if it was a recent pin. his official visit was 6/11. v interesting. hadnt heard hurley and staff were watching his games in the last month.

karaban insurance i guess altho prob a first to commit scenario. karaban and ty seem like polar opposite types of player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have 3 open after Floyd and Clingan, but I have a hard time seeing both Rodgers and Karaban coming even if we could theoretically fit both and a guard
are you counting cole's scholly among the 3? assuming he returns i count 2 open schollys (polley + whaley + martin + open scholly - clingan and floyd) i definitley dont want 5 freshmen in 22 at the expense of losing our starting PG.

Reaction Score
are you counting cole's scholly among the 3? assuming he returns i count 2 open schollys (polley + whaley + martin + open scholly - clingan and floyd) i definitley dont want 5 freshmen in 22 at the expense of losing our starting PG.
Yeah I'm including Cole's. I think it's likely he comes back but until he's actually coming back it's an open scholarship to fill. I'd have no problem taking 5 freshman, those issues tend to work themselves out if Cole wanted to stay

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm including Cole's. I think it's likely he comes back but until he's actually coming back it's an open scholarship to fill. I'd have no problem taking 5 freshman, those issues tend to work themselves out if Cole wanted to stay
technically sure but i'm putting him coming back at 99% given we arent recruiting any PGs in '22. sophomore diggins won't be ready to lead us to the final 4 quite yet.

edit- the only way i think we take 5 freshmen is if lemond reclasses to '22

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ty rodgers reminds me of EDIT- ty martin. good rebounder for his size and defender but not a shot blocker. can play as an undersized PF (assuming rodgers fills out more) but limited offensively.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's had a good game here. Ended up with 10/6/3 on 4/7 shooting and 2/2 from the line. Did not take a 3 again.

Reaction Score
Seems like a solid overall player, good athlete and great defensive player. But, if it's between him and Karaban for one spot, Karaban seems to have more upside. If another spot ends up opening up, he's definitely a guy we should still consider, even if we get Karaban.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Consider a simple "Thank you" next time. (It was in the post DIRECTLY above yours.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom