2022 Recruiting: - Ty Rodgers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Ty Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
the same can be said for aj. he needs to be surrounded by shooters but i'm certainly not advocating for us to run our O through a guy that just averaged 3ppg.
Shoot I’d actually disagree tbh. I’m hoping AJ can develop enough to be able to run our offense through him as a dynamic playmaker. Similar to Scottie Barnes.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
you're optimistic aj can develop that much after last year yet already writing off clingan as a rising highschool senior???

either way aj still needs to be surrounded by 4 shooters.
AJ showed some special things in his high school career that I'm hoping can translate here. Also willing to give him a pass being a freshman battling injury during a covid year on a relatively veteran UConn team. He showed flashes still and with what seems like will be a completely different role for this year's team.

I'm not writing Clingan off but he's a project and I personally just don't see much from him right now. I don't think he's going to have a big impact until his junior year probably. He has a lot of work to do. It's not comparable with AJ. AJ's high school tape was special. Excuse me while I watch it for probably the 100th time.

Reaction Score
AJ showed some special things in his high school career that I'm hoping can translate here. Also willing to give him a pass being a freshman battling injury during a covid year on a relatively veteran UConn team. He showed flashes still and with what seems like will be a completely different role for this year's team.

I'm not writing Clingan off but he's a project and I personally just don't see much from him right now. I don't think he's going to have a big impact until his junior year probably. He has a lot of work to do. It's not comparable with AJ. AJ's high school tape was special. Excuse me while I watch it for probably the 100th time.
If I said to you, 9.9pts, 6.7reb, would that mean anything to you? That is how many more points and rebounds per game, as a junior, DC averaged than AJ as a senior. Mind you that it was during a Covid year. Heck, AJ looked more like the project last year.

Reaction Score
If I said to you, 9.9pts, 6.7reb, would that mean anything to you? That is how many more points and rebounds per game, as a junior, DC averaged than AJ as a senior. Mind you that it was during a Covid year. Heck, AJ looked more like the project last year.

Apples to oranges. Andre would've had more points playing in the CCC too.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically he would have, but how many people would be saying that the stats were because of the level of competition? These kids can only play who's in front of them. DC is going to be fine when it's all said and done.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically he would have, but how many people would be saying that the stats were because of the level of competition? These kids can only play who's in front of them. DC is going to be fine when it's all said and done.

Yes, he will be fine. Comparing stats is still nonsensical. I scored 17 a game in the NCCC as a senior, does that mean I'm almost as good as Andre now?

Reaction Score

AJ and Donovan both showed special things in HS we hope ur translates into even more as their careers move forward long way to go for both.

But please Amida and DC same sentence? Lol the impact will be much more than a career 6/4/2 guy I promise.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yes, he will be fine. Comparing stats is still nonsensical. I scored 17 a game in the NCCC as a senior, does that mean I'm almost as good as Andre now?

Yes!

Reactions: THC

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Thank you. I honestly don’t want to hear about DC’s high school numbers. What are his AAU numbers?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
AJ and Donovan both showed special things in HS we hope ur translates into even more as their careers move forward long way to go for both.

But please Amida and DC same sentence? Lol the impact will be much more than a career 6/4/2 guy I promise.
I mean Amida was pretty damn good here all things considered. Numbers aside. DC could be a better offensive player down the line but unless he goes through a complete body transformation it'll be hard to be close to the defender Brimah was.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Don't want this thread to turn into another DC back and forth discussion. I like Ty's game! Wanted to see what the odds may be that we landed him here if Michigan was out of the race. Thought he can be a great replacement to what AJ brings to the table and for when Tyrese leaves. Think him and Alex can play well together too with the rest of this class!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It’s bizarre that out of all the bigs we’ve had come through here this is the one that comments like that are made for.
Not nearly as bizarre as the fact that you seem to be the only one making those comments.

Reaction Score
I mean Amida was pretty damn good here all things considered. Numbers aside. DC could be a better offensive player down the line but unless he goes through a complete body transformation it'll be hard to be close to the defender Brimah was.

He was ok, worked out fine made a big hoop for sure early on. Liked the kid, worked hard. This kid will get his numbers simply by knowing the game better as he comes in. Nothing against AB but he never caught up on the intricacies of the game, but he made up forsome of that with athleticism something DC won't have but can create in a different manner. I mean the shear size, with work on the body (needed as you say) along with his obvious ability to score the ball and pass the ball already put him in a better place. And he still has a year of HS, now having the ear of the UConn staff as well. You're little respect for the kid is a strange take that's all!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
But how many you would have scored if you were 7'1", right?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Don't want this thread to turn into another DC back and forth discussion. I like Ty's game! Wanted to see what the odds may be that we landed him here if Michigan was out of the race. Thought he can be a great replacement to what AJ brings to the table and for when Tyrese leaves. Think him and Alex can play well together too with the rest of this class!
Please stop.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He was ok, worked out fine made a big hoop for sure early on. Liked the kid, worked hard. This kid will get his numbers simply by knowing the game better as he comes in. Nothing against AB but he never caught up on the intricacies of the game, but he made up forsome of that with athleticism something DC won't have but can create in a different manner. I mean the shear size, with work on the body (needed as you say) along with his obvious ability to score the ball and pass the ball already put him in a better place. And he still has a year of HS, now having the ear of the UConn staff as well. You're little respect for the kid is a strange take that's all!
Genuine question, has he shown this ability to score the ball against similar competition in AAU?

Reaction Score
Genuine question, has he shown this ability to score the ball against similar competition in AAU?
Why do you always change the narrative to vent your dislike for this kid? When did AAU become the measuring stick for talent or potential?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Why do you always change the narrative to vent your dislike for this kid? When did AAU become the measuring stick for talent or potential?
Huh? AAU has always been a measuring stick for top guys are you serious. Especially when they aren’t prep and don’t face a high level of talent in high school. It seems like you’re actually changing the narrative in this case. Didn’t Jeremy Lamb blow up because of his performance on the AAU circuit at the Peach Jam? Guys blow up all the time on the AAU circuit. So what are you talking about?

Reaction Score
Huh? AAU has always been a measuring stick for top guys are you serious. Especially when they aren’t prep and don’t face a high level of talent in high school. It seems like you’re actually changing the narrative in this case. Didn’t Jeremy Lamb blow up because of his performance on the AAU circuit at the Peach Jam? Guys blow up all the time on the AAU circuit. So what are you talking about?
My perspective is different than yours due to our age difference, possibly. I view it as a bunch of scumbags running a basketball circuit, lining their pockets with sneaker money. Funneling the money to sleazy parents, handlers and advisors while pushing kids to certain schools. And by schools, I mean Prep as well as College. And because DC made the choice to stay in Public School to honor his Mother...who cares how many points he scores in AAU. The only thing that matters to me, and I'm sure a few other people, is that he is bringing his talents and CLASS to UConn.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
My perspective is different than yours due to our age difference, possibly. I view it as a bunch of scumbags running a basketball circuit, lining their pockets with sneaker money. Funneling the money to sleazy parents, handlers and advisors while pushing kids to certain schools. And by schools, I mean Prep as well as College. And because DC made the choice to stay in Public School to honor his Mother...who cares how many points he scores in AAU. The only thing that matters to me, and I'm sure a few other people, is that he is bringing his talents and CLASS to UConn.
I mean that can be true while at the same time being the only space where top kids play against each other to have a better evaluation of them unless they’re in prep. I respect his decision to honor his mother but that doesn’t mean he still shouldn’t show and prove the opportunities he gets to play against top guys on that AAU circuit since that’s where he’d be playing other top guys like himself. Maybe he did do that though which is why I asked as a genuine question. But judging off your reaction it would seem like he hasn’t done well.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how he plays at the top 100 camp. I hope he shows out to answer those kind of questions of how he plays against other top guys. But I’m not going to be impressed by the numbers a 7’ puts up in LL where most centers aren’t taller than 6’5.

Reaction Score
I mean that can be true while at the same time being the only space where top kids play against each other to have a better evaluation of them unless they’re in prep. I respect his decision to honor his mother but that doesn’t mean he still shouldn’t show and prove the opportunities he gets to play against top guys on that AAU circuit since that’s where he’d be playing other top guys like himself. Maybe he did do that though which is why I asked as a genuine question. But judging off your reaction it would seem like he hasn’t done well.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how he plays at the top 100 camp. I hope he shows out to answer those kind of questions of how he plays against other top guys. But I’m not going to be impressed by the numbers a 7’ puts up in LL where most centers aren’t taller than 6’5.
I don't follow AAU like you and some others on here because I'm put off by it, but if I recall correctly he was the top player in Pittsburgh earlier this year. If there is video of it maybe you can check it out if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom