Tulsa Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DH is a program builder, while I am disappointed in some of the performances, I’m also excited about the future possibilities & have seen glimmers. Ironically, this team in DH first year is better than his other stops after the first year record wise (Wagner, RI) so I’m not overly concerned, just a little disappointed.

Reaction Score
I was enrolled at UConn. We went to games, cheered on the teams and packed the Field House. This kind of negativity didn’t exist. It was our team and our guys.

Modern “fans” are pathetic whiners. It’s embarrassing. The team played hard, if not smart tonight. They didn’t quit.
Yes it did. I remember plenty of people I worked with questioning whether Calhoun was the right hire.

Reaction Score
A bubble team? That's hilarious. We'd practically have to run the table and make it to at least the AAC title game, and even that might not be enough. With this Jekyll and Hyde team, you never know which team is showing up on any given night. A few more Hyde performances and we'll be lucky to squeak into the NIT.

I know that....I said I wanted one, not that I think they are one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

They aren’t going to let you act like a lunatic 40 minutes a game. Attacking them during your apology is not a good idea.

You ain’t gonna win.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

They aren’t going to let you act like a lunatic 40 minutes a game. Attacking them during your apology is not a good idea.

You ain’t gonna win.

He's gonna have to learn how to work the officials. It's great that he's animated and in their ear, but he goes 100 miles per hour for the entirety of every game. I trust he'll learn.

Reaction Score
Even if the decision is made to sacrifice the next 20 years for the long-term future, the NBE is a mediocre league that people still look at as the same league UConn came of age in. Spoiler alert: it's not.

In KenPom's conference ratings, the NBE has been between 12 and 15 every year. Guess where the old Big East was every year? Between 12 and 15 (except for a 3 year stretch from '09-'11 where BE was between 15 and 17). So every year 02-08 and 12-14 was in the same range as it has been from 14-19 in NBE. Full of ups and downs and cycles but always between 12 and 15.

The best the AAC has ever been is 10, and that was the first year with Louisville before Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU joined.

Reaction Score
I was enrolled at UConn. We went to games, cheered on the teams and packed the Field House. This kind of negativity didn’t exist. It was our team and our guys.

Modern “fans” are pathetic whiners. It’s embarrassing. The team played hard, if not smart tonight. They didn’t quit.
The team played smart tonight.................

Reaction Score
They were playing zone and he couldn't get anything against it, and then their zone got soft late and he took advantage and scored

He scored 11 of his point in the final 1:15 in garbage time.
The zine sucked. We were penetrating and the stopped. That first five minutes saw beautiful ball movement. The only thing Tulsa changed in the zone was spreading about a foot out and collapsing in the middle b same things we see all the time. The zone has been an issue for 7 or 8 years now. Funny vital is the best shooter (mentality, I know we had a bazz And boat)we had since rashad. Niels had a great sr year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please tell me when he acted like a lunatic tonight. It is starting to get a little tedious regarding your commentary regarding Hurley's behavior.

Weird how my commentary keeps bearing out though right?

Like when I said the refs should start teeing up Cronin and Hurley and both got tossed from their next games?

I’d like to the posts... but ya know...

Reaction Score
I was absolutely appalled at the lack of defense tonight. At times, it looked like we would make a run, but we could never make a defensive stop (if we did, we committed a foul). It was atrocious.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Please tell me when he acted like a lunatic tonight. It is starting to get a little tedious regarding your commentary regarding Hurley's behavior.
That whole double T was embarrassing.( even though the 2nd T was crazy bad) And he looked like a buffoon when he tried to do that stupid handshake.

It was totally cringeworthy.

Reaction Score
I love Hurley and the hire. But you have to be concerned how his team has played this year. I know they are not his recruits but they are his players. I am not expecting wins but I would have expected to see the team play hard and play tough defense. The team looks lost, plays at half speed and is extremely soft. That is the “culture” I thought was suppose to change. I think just about everyone on this board saw a .500 record and possibly an NIT bid as the floor for the season. Now it is “wait until Hurley gets his guys”. I know we need to give it time, but in my opinion, this is a sign. And not a good sign.

Exactly what I was talking about while watching the game. I know the talent isn’t quite there but I thought we’d see a tougher, harder playing team this season. Our first few games looked good but now it’s back to the ways of old. I’m still all in on Hurley long term. I’m just being patient and waiting for his guys to come and completely buy into him.

Reaction Score
At least the coaches made sports center tonight. Sorry if this was already mentioned.

Reaction Score
2 years at Wagner, 6 years at URI and never got booted from a game. This year, getting T'd up and booted more than once every 10 games. Growing up...learning...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That whole double T was embarrassing.( even though the 2nd T was crazy bad) And he looked like a buffoon when he tried to do that stupid handshake.

It was totally cringeworthy.

How about 3 minutes after it was clear he got two technicals and his eyes were bulging while he slapped his forehead like he was surprised. Haith had already left.

Reaction Score
Refs have been terrible all season (not just in conference either) but it's not like our play has helped us.

Hurley needs to show the aggression when warranted, but at other times he just needs to let it slide.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How about 3 minutes after it was clear he got two technicals and his eyes were bulging while he slapped his forehead like he was surprised. Haith had already left.
Also cringeworthy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also cringeworthy

It’s like these people are watching a different game played on another planet.

They probably think Adam Gase won the press conference.

Reaction Score
Our record would be no different if Ollie were still the HC and that makes me sad. It’s all about recruiting for Hurley now, no one can make this current group into anything more than what they are. Let’s lock up some big men for next year DH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom