Tulsa Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to kill Adams, but I wonder how many games he's had over 20 points where the team has lost and over 20 points they've won. Not saying it's all his fault they lose, but I would be interested in that stat.

4-5 so far this year.
4-8 last year.
3-4 the year before.
1-0 the only game he scored 20 as a freshman.

So total record: 12-17 when Jalen scores over 20 points.

Reaction Score
There’s clearly a front court issue when you guard is you’ve leading rebounders for the game

Reaction Score
You know what else will hurt our fan base? A non-conference schedule on which the best teams are members of the A10 and MWC.
If we were in the big east, we would get games vs big ten and big 12 teams as a part of conference challenges.

Reaction Score
I didn't have great expectations for this season. I thought with a healthy Gilbert and Sid active we would be better than last year at least. I must admit after the Cuse win I thought maybe we would be a little better than I had anticipated but that quickly faded. It still seems like this team, with all its flaws, should be better than they are playing. Not big dance better, but better.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love Hurley and the hire. But you have to be concerned how his team has played this year. I know they are not his recruits but they are his players. I am not expecting wins but I would have expected to see the team play hard and play tough defense. The team looks lost, plays at half speed and is extremely soft. That is the “culture” I thought was suppose to change. I think just about everyone on this board saw a .500 record and possibly an NIT bid as the floor for the season. Now it is “wait until Hurley gets his guys”. I know we need to give it time, but in my opinion, this is a sign. And not a good sign.
yet you love DH and the hire:confused:

Reaction Score
I have been a Uconn fan since 1978. I was there when Cliff Robinson played. I graduated in 1990 the year Gampel opened and the dream season. I have seen a lot of games in my life and never thought we would win 1 never mind 4 National Championships. These last 4 years with Jalen and co have been an absolute embarrassment. I don't even look forward to watching them play. its like watching a bunch of skinny kids with zero basketball IQ take on well coached men every night. I don't see it getting any better next year either... Gaffney, Bouknight and AKok all look decent but without a few big men we do not have a chance. Uconn went from a Blue blood to a lame program in 4 years.
Jalen would be a second team all American with a “standard “UConn team of physical stature. There were many issues with ko but this is MY biggest personal gripe. What we wouldn’t give for a selvie. Or Haynes. Or okwandu. Or Justin brown. Or Curtis Kelly. Or dan cyrulik. .......... any 6’9” or bigger 240 plus human.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me Jalen? Plays like an absolute dud in the first half and then plays like the stud he is supposed to be once the game is out of hand....if he played like the Jalen in the late second half the ENTIRE game we would have won this game hands down.

Reaction Score
Why would the 2nd ref feel the need to give techs when the 1st ref was right there handling the situation? That's pretty lame. Maybe the guy is like Teddy Valentine and just wanted to get on TV.
Lots of t valentines this year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jalen = SD Jones or Brooklyn Brawler. Jobbers who always get their opponent over.

Reaction Score
It is not Hurley. The team he inherited has already been set in their ways. It cannot be changed so easily, although we all see much more energy from these guys from last season. The team is a good team, they just can't seem to gel together. No coach can change this at this time. We need to all be patient and wait until he gets his own guys and hopefully will be able to recruit some guys with height and brawn and brains all at the same time. In the meantime, those who watch the games need to just chill. Hope for the best, but keep expectations low.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me Jalen? Plays like an absolute dud in the first half and then plays like the stud he is supposed to be once the game is out of hand....if he played like the Jalen in the late second half the ENTIRE game we would have won this game hands down.

Hurley’s jackhammer hasn’t broken through the old culture and unfortunately don’t think he will in time

Reaction Score
But one wonders. In the last ten minutes of the first half (when we lost the game) Whaley would have helped our defense. The D is so awful, why isn't he considered for minutes?

In the first seven minutes of the second half, when they scored at will. Well, you get the idea.

Reaction Score

They were playing zone and he couldn't get anything against it, and then their zone got soft late and he took advantage and scored

He scored 11 of his point in the final 1:15 in garbage time.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
In the AAC every loss is magnified in magnitude due simply to name and G5 handicap, and every win is worth a fraction of a win in a P5 conference and they aren’t necessarily easier to get. It’s a rigged system and we are struggling to stay afloat in the national landscape in this quicksand. Shame really, we aren’t really allowed to rebuild in the AAC because the season to season cost is so high.

Reaction Score
The officiating in this league seems to be getting worse by the day. Time for UConn to start throwing their weight around and letting Aresco and company know that they won’t tolerate it. I would have been ejected in the first half if I were the coach. It’s fine if it happens every now and then, I understand you don’t always get the best crew. This seems to happen game in and game out (to the extent that it has now significantly impacted our season)
And to think we were close in ft attempts until the end. I ask without reservation or agenda, but what would Hurley have done, changed, or adapted, to change the outcome of this game?

Reaction Score
Big East basketball will be equivalent to the best FCS football conference in 20 years. How could anyone who advocates for that move not want UConn basketball to shrivel up and die?

you think Uconn at this rate will still be relevant (if we arent already) in 20 years? Our football team is a laughing stock.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Who thought we were better than Tulsa? We suck...

Reaction Score
Hurley’s jackhammer hasn’t broken through the old culture and unfortunately don’t think he will in time

I hope this "culture" fix works. I know we have to give Hurley time...I'm trying to be patient....it's just hard to not at least be in the top 4 teams in the conference....I'm just asking to be a Bubble Team right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom