Tulsa Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It drives me nuts watching guys play D on the perimeter with stiff knees and reaching hands. And we are more than halfway through the season and pick and roll still mystifies us, and no one on the floor seems to know who the opposing shooters are.

Reaction Score
There is no rational argument for any outcome other than a P5 split leaving the Big East on the same terms as any other conference not named the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, PAC-12, or SEC.

Given your posturing the past few years, it'd be a pretty pathetic about-face for you to suddenly become content to a future where UConn basketball is a second-division team.

The P5 won't split. They get their cake and can eat it too now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We aren't and are never going to be in those P5 conferences. So giving your hypothetical split you've been crying about for years whats has better odds.
A) We get a spot in the P5 with our killer football program and prosperous recruiting market
B) Historically relevant basketball league/programs get left out of playing high level basketball

How is this something you are content with?

Reaction Score
At this point I am at a loss for words. In which direction do we go? If we full court press like we started the year, then we get exhausted and blown out in the second half. If we try to defend in the half court we get abused in the paint and leave shooters wide open. Every time we score and start making a mini run the other team comes down and scores or we get a foul called on us. Are we really that bad at not fouling, or is this the worst officiating to start a year ive seen since that Cinci AAC tourney game a few years back. Thoughts?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I use to be like you and think UConn was going to find themselves in a P5 conference. It’s never going to happen. Nothing wrong with the new big east. Perfect fit

Taking ourselves out of the running out of hand is absolutely nonsensical, regardless of whether it will actually happen.

Move to the Big East if the dust settles and we are left out, and not a second sooner.

Reaction Score
No, they will.

Why? They make money now. They get to load up their schedules with G5 so their records look good. Nobody from G5 can make the playoff. They can scapegoat Emmert and the NCAA.

They gain nothing by splitting.

Reaction Score
This game got out of hand at the beginning of the 2nd half when Tulsa went zone and we took and missed 3 NBA threes in the span of 3 or 4 possessions. All of a sudden we’re down 12. It’s like they’ve never seen a zone before.

Reaction Score
He believes that UConn football can somehow be relevant at some point. Realists know that's not happening.
It doesn't matter if we become relevant or not the club has closed its doors. UConn football died the day Big East football died. It wasn't brought up to FBS to be in what is essentially the new 1-AA.

Reaction Score
I love Hurley and the hire. But you have to be concerned how his team has played this year. I know they are not his recruits but they are his players. I am not expecting wins but I would have expected to see the team play hard and play tough defense. The team looks lost, plays at half speed and is extremely soft. That is the “culture” I thought was suppose to change. I think just about everyone on this board saw a .500 record and possibly an NIT bid as the floor for the season. Now it is “wait until Hurley gets his guys”. I know we need to give it time, but in my opinion, this is a sign. And not a good sign.

Reaction Score
Taking ourselves out of the running out of hand is absolutely nonsensical, regardless of whether it will actually happen.

Move to the Big East if the dust settles and we are left out, and not a second sooner.
Because it’s a waste of time, money, and hurting our fan base.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Because it’s a waste of time, money, and hurting our fan base.

You know what else will hurt our fan base? A non-conference schedule on which the best teams are members of the A10 and MWC.

Reaction Score
The officiating in this league seems to be getting worse by the day. Time for UConn to start throwing their weight around and letting Aresco and company know that they won’t tolerate it.
I agree but we've been on the Atkins plan for years and have remained on that plan.

Reaction Score
This game got out of hand at the beginning of the 2nd half when Tulsa went zone and we took and missed 3 NBA threes in the span of 3 or 4 possessions. All of a sudden we’re down 12. It’s like they’ve never seen a zone before.

They pretty much played zone all 1st half too. But we were patient and handled it much better 1st half. The 2nd half, we were playing hurried/frenzied on offense for really no good reason

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is the king of garbage points. Started scoring when we were down 10 which is typical.
Not to kill Adams, but I wonder how many games in his college career he's had over 20 points where the team has lost and over 20 points they've won. Not saying it's all his fault they lose, but I would be interested in that stat.

Reaction Score
I love Hurley and the hire. But you have to be concerned how his team has played this year. I know they are not his recruits but they are his players. I am not expecting wins but I would have expected to see the team play hard and play tough defense. The team looks lost, plays at half speed and is extremely soft. That is the “culture” I thought was suppose to change. I think just about everyone on this board saw a .500 record and possibly an NIT bid as the floor for the season. Now it is “wait until Hurley gets his guys”. I know we need to give it time, but in my opinion, this is a sign. And not a good sign.
Any criticism of Hurley is heretical here. Don’t you know you have to blame everything on Jalen?

Reaction Score
How is this something you are content with?
So by deducing your non answer I'm going to guess your actual answer would be B. So LOL at that.
If the Stairmaster Split happens why would they take on dead weight football programs and not relevant basketball programs? You think a P5 basketball tourney would be worth more without the Big East, Gonzaga's etc.?

Also this split isn't happening

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

If the players on this team had it in them to be coached and to "play hard" and "play tough", Ollie would still be coach.

Reaction Score
I love Hurley. I just dont get what be going on. If we cant defend man to man. It's nothing wrong with acting like you can't. Mix it up, play some zone. Slow teams down like they do us.
But. But. He who’s name shall not be said played....... ZONE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom