Tulsa Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They both got a T they deserved.

Then Hurley was trying to shake Haith’s hand and the ref was just trying to get him back to his bench.

A second ref came in and T’d Hurley up - I think because he wasn’t retreating like the first ref wanted.

I’m not sure I saw Haith get a second T.

I don’t think ref 1 who I believe was the head ref wanted to eject them but once the second ref pulled the trigger he was stuck.
Why would the 2nd ref feel the need to give techs when the 1st ref was right there handling the situation? That's pretty lame. Maybe the guy is like Teddy Valentine and just wanted to get on TV.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is the same thing you did with Ollie until you did a 180.

There is no rational argument for any outcome other than a P5 split leaving the Big East on the same terms as any other conference not named the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, PAC-12, or SEC.

Given your posturing the past few years, it'd be a pretty pathetic about-face for you to suddenly become content to a future where UConn basketball is a second-division team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why would the 2nd ref feel the need to give techs when the 1st ref was right there handling the situation? That's pretty lame. Maybe the guy is like Teddy Valentine and just wanted to get on TV.

That’s the question - I assume he’d just had enough of Hurley.

Reaction Score
In the last ten minutes of the first half (when we lost the game) he would have helped our defense. The D is so awful, why isn't he considered for minutes?

In the first seven minutes of the second half, when they scored at will. Well, you get the idea.

Reaction Score
The officiating in this league seems to be getting worse by the day. Time for UConn to start throwing their weight around and letting Aresco and company know that they won’t tolerate it. I would have been ejected in the first half if I were the coach. It’s fine if it happens every now and then, I understand you don’t always get the best crew. This seems to happen game in and game out (to the extent that it has now significantly impacted our season)

Reaction Score
No, you've got it wrong -- anyone who disagrees with that is stupid.
I use to be like you and think UConn was going to find themselves in a P5 conference. It’s never going to happen. Nothing wrong with the new big east. Perfect fit

Reaction Score
There is no rational argument for any outcome other than a P5 split leaving the Big East on the same terms as any other conference not named the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, PAC-12, or SEC.

Given your posturing the past few years, it'd be a pretty pathetic about-face for you to suddenly become content to a future where UConn basketball is a second-division team.
We aren't and are never going to be in those P5 conferences. So giving your hypothetical split you've been crying about for years whats has better odds.
A) We get a spot in the P5 with our killer football program and prosperous recruiting market
B) Historically relevant basketball league/programs get left out of playing high level basketball

Reaction Score
Conference sucks, announcers suck, network sucks, refs suck, conference coaches mostly suck, arena's suck, opposing fans suck, and so on and so on..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The officiating in this league seems to be getting worse by the day. Time for UConn to start throwing their weight around and letting Aresco and company know that they won’t tolerate it. I would have been ejected in the first half if I were the coach. It’s fine if it happens every now and then, I understand you don’t always get the best crew. This seems to happen game in and game out (to the extent that it has now significantly impacted our season)

UConn has no weight in this league. And the idea the refs impacted tonight’s result is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
At least the arena was packed with a great atmosphere. I only saw like 75% of the arena with empty seats! #AmericanRising

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Where’s our 6’6 225 tough G/FW that rebounds and gets high % looks in the paint? We have no answer for this type of player.

Reaction Score
This team needs some new faces at the 3-5 extremely bad.
The program was heading there but went completely in the sh ^tter when the three kids transferred and we lost our top recruit. Those three kids would be our starting frontcourt right now. Carlton, Polley, Cobb, Whaley, and Kwintin simply aren't UConn level players (past UConn where we actually beat teams.)

Reaction Score
We aren't and are never going to be in those P5 conferences. So giving your hypothetical split you've been crying about for years whats has better odds.
A) We get a spot in the P5 with our killer football program and prosperous recruiting market
B) Historically relevant basketball league/programs get left out of playing high level basketball

He believes that UConn football can somehow be relevant at some point. Realists know that's not happening.

Reaction Score
Don't think imma hang around here tonight, depressing stuff. Better days are coming, and nights like this will make the comeback that much sweeter. But losing to sucks man

Reaction Score
THIS. Why does he hate Whaley so much? He’s probably our best and most versatile defender. I think he’d rebound if given the chance. Instead let’s watch the most one-dimensional player we’ve had in a while (Polley) do nothing but shoot 3s while we have 3 other perimeter players on the floor. Polley should only be getting minutes when his shot is falling. Otherwise he’s useless.

Everyone else has gotten a chance in the frontcourt except Whaley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom