True Detective | Page 4 | The Boneyard

True Detective

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Thanks…….. I'll pick up then huh?
Yes, after episode 2-3 my gf and I were questioning what was going on with the story but it picks up fast after the first few.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I started watching Black Sails and somehow I drifted away from it…..although the women are hot for the most part. Only saw the first 3 or 4 but couldn't latch on…..maybe I'll try again

Black Sails is pretty bad.

Reaction Score
Agree with everyone, how do they wrap everything up in one episode?

I'm worried that they don't, and they leave it open ended. That would suck.

I still haven't forgiven HBO for cancelling How to Make it in America.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I'm worried that they don't, and they leave it open ended. That would suck.
Apparently they're writing completely different stories for each season. We won't be seeing Harrelson or McConnaughy anymore after tonight.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Glad you like it, because it seems like all they broadcast.
Yeah all HBO has these days besides this is Girls and Looking. Neither being my cup of tea. But this has turned out to be way more than something to tide me over until Game.

But let's GOOOOOO

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah all HBO has these days besides this is Girls and Looking. Neither being my cup of tea. But this has turned out to be way more than something to tide me over until Game.

But let's GOOOOOO

I think there are parallel conversations going on.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Yeah that totally makes sense, we just heard MM talking about how there are still more out there and Woody was all "we got ours"

Reaction Score

I think everyone is talking about something different now…….lol

Let's drop the Black Sails crap and keep this True Detective…….there will be more!! The interesting thing will be who MM and WH pick to be their replacements……big shoes!!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I could see Brother Mouzone and his buddy taking over, they've clearly been interested in the case for a while, and now we are at least led to believe MM never really had anything to do with the crimes so that ends speculation for that regarding their interest in MM and Woody at least for now

It's just those two characters don't seem nearly as interesting and dynamic as MM and Woody but then again we barely know anything about them

Reaction Score
I could see Brother Mouzone and his buddy taking over, they've clearly been interested in the case for a while, and now we are at least led to believe MM never really had anything to do with the crimes so that ends speculation for that regarding their interest in MM and Woody at least for now

It's just those two characters don't seem nearly as interesting and dynamic as MM and Woody but then again we barely know anything about them

Gonna have to go bigger than those 2 to keep the vibe of MM/WH…….or at least close. Gonna be tough on Sunday's without this now…….need Mad Men back - now I will go watch the tape of The Good Wife…..lol

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Gonna have to go bigger than those 2 to keep the vibe of MM/WH…
Yeah I was thinking that too, dude's got some kind of pedigree with The Wire but he for sure ain't no MM/WH. That's what I initially thought when I saw MM was in this first season, like they got an A-list actor this first season, how do they follow that up?

Reaction Score
The show and the acclaim will allow it to get big name actors. They only have to commit to one season and be done, and get some emmy nominations in best miniseries. 80% of "film" actors over 40 would sign up for that in a minute.

Reaction Score
The show and the acclaim will allow it to get big name actors. They only have to commit to one season and be done, and get some emmy nominations in best miniseries. 80% of "film" actors over 40 would sign up for that in a minute.

Agree. DeNiro signed to replace Gandolfini on a HBO project (ambulance chasing lawyer), and Tim Robbins/Jack Black are going to do a HBO comedy together.

McConaughey and Harrelson were so perfectly matched though, it'll be hard to equal their chemistry. Interesting interview by the two guys that played Gilbough Papania in New York mag. MM stayed in character on set as Cohle, while WH immediately became Woody again as soon as the cameras stopped.

Reaction Score
Loved the TD ending! Pizzolatto and Fukunaga focused narrowly on Errol, Rust and Marty, so some of the side plot strands (Marty's daughter, cover-up, etc.) fell to the side. But the last 15 minutes were really gripping (even with some story license - lifting Rust by a knife in his gut?). Fabulous work on the sets - can't imagine how much time went into creating that house and also the warren of tunnels that Errol decorated. Nice creepy touch with Sis and "making flowers." Nice, too, that Rust found a little light in his dark, nihilistic world, with a psychic connection to his daughter.

Reaction Score
Loved the TD ending! Pizzolatto and Fukunaga focused narrowly on Errol, Rust and Marty, so some of the side plot strands (Marty's daughter, cover-up, etc.) fell to the side. But the last 15 minutes were really gripping (even with some story license - lifting Rust by a knife in his gut?). Fabulous work on the sets - can't imagine how much time went into creating that house and also the warren of tunnels that Errol decorated. Nice creepy touch with Sis and "making flowers." Nice, too, that Rust found a little light in his dark, nihilistic world, with a psychic connection to his daughter.
Gripping television. Good thing that Game of thrones is starting. Icould have watched another month of TD episodes.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
McConaughey and Harrelson were so perfectly matched though, it'll be hard to equal their chemistry. Interesting interview by the two guys that played Gilbough Papania in New York mag. MM stayed in character on set as Cohle, while WH immediately became Woody again as soon as the cameras stopped.
I've read MM does stay in character when on set.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agree. I read in an interview Pizzolatto had said something about people were to conditioned to expect huge plot twists in the end. He didn't want to really deliver anything just to "trick" viewers. He didn't. Just played it out. Superbly though.

Surviving the knife in the gut and the ax in the chest....a bit much, but probably better that they lived than died. More unexpected.

Reaction Score
What's interesting to me is if Pizzolatto let's one of the main characters next season get a EP title like MM did with this. I think that alone would draw some more big names. I would love to see someone like Brad Pitt get involved, especially after how much I enjoyed him as Tyler Durden way back when.

Reaction Score
Surviving the knife in the gut and the ax in the chest....a bit much, but probably better that they lived than died. More unexpected.

I can understand Marty and the hatchet. I had bypass surgery and you're cut right where Errol tossed that ax. I'm sure it stunned him, but the mid-chest is a relatively benign area with surprisingly few nerves. As for the knife in the gut - whole 'nother story, Rust.

Not to nit-pick, but you'd also think Marty would have emptied his gun into Errol, dropping him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can understand Marty and the hatchet. I had bypass surgery and you're cut right where Errol tossed that ax. I'm sure it stunned him, but the mid-chest is a relatively benign area with surprisingly few nerves. As for the knife in the gut - whole 'nother story, Rust.
I had bypass surgery too. 4 grafts. But Errol had to rip the hatchet out. Just sayin'

Not to nit-pick, but you'd also think Marty would have emptied his gun into Errol, dropping him.
Yea, interesting considering his hatred and anger for child molesters.

However on the other hand, last time he took someone out it cost them finding out more information and possibly getting Errol in 1995. Maybe he wanted to take him alive to try to get to the "5 guys on the horses".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What's interesting to me is if Pizzolatto let's one of the main characters next season get a EP title like MM did with this. I think that alone would draw some more big names. I would love to see someone like Brad Pitt get involved, especially after how much I enjoyed him as Tyler Durden way back when.
Or Jeffrey Goines, even wayer back when.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Gonna have to go bigger than those 2 to keep the vibe of MM/WH…….or at least close. Gonna be tough on Sunday's without this now…….need Mad Men back - now I will go watch the tape of The Good Wife…..lol
So I just saw a website mock-casting season 2 and there's a picture of Laurence Fishburne and Samuel L Jackson, which I imagine are the questioning cops in the future. Yes, yes, yes, please.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

Yeah, the hatchet didn't go too deep, and it was on his right. Probably got stopped by/embedded in his ribs. If you're going to get hit by something in the torso, I'd imagine that's where you'd want it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom