True Detective | The Boneyard

True Detective

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Watched HBO's new crime drama, True Detective. Really, really good. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson star. Some very good acting and writing going on. It's an 8 (1 hour) episode show. Sunday nights at 9. Uses 1 writer and 1 director for all 8 episodes. If there is another season, it will be completely separate from this season. New actors, new story, not sure about writer and director?? Also stars Michael Potts (from The Wire) and Tori Kittles (from Sons of Anarchy), along with Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye, Mission Impossible, Gone Baby Gone).

Murder mystery, but also looks like it's going to be more a character driven show. The concept is pretty cool too. They are being interviewed (separately) in 2012 about a case they had in 1995 when they were CID partners in Louisiana. So lot's of flashbacks.

It's one you might want to check out.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Watched HBO's new crime drama, True Detective. Really, really good. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson star. Some very good acting and writing going on. It's an 8 (1 hour) episode show. Sunday nights at 9. Uses 1 writer and 1 director for all 8 episodes. If there is another season, it will be completely separate from this season. New actors, new story, not sure about writer and director?? Also stars Michael Potts (from The Wire) and Tori Kittles (from Sons of Anarchy), along with Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye, Mission Impossible, Gone Baby Gone).

Murder mystery, but also looks like it's going to be more a character driven show. The concept is pretty cool too. They are being interviewed (separately) in 2012 about a case they had in 1995 when they were CID partners in Louisiana. So lot's of flashbacks.

It's one you might want to check out.

Had to turn it off after 20 minutes. Slow as hell.

I'll give it another try another day.

Reaction Score
Thought bit of a Slow start but a lot of potential....will stick with it.

Good actors...

Reaction Score
It does look good and I think it will get better as the show goes along... but I'm still in mourning over Breaking Bad being done.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It does look good and I think it will get better as the show goes along... but I'm still in mourning over Breaking Bad being done.
Don't mourn, be happy for the time you had.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

hmmm, I got to the end and thought, wow, it's over already? Extremely enthralling.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
hmmm, I got to the end and thought, wow, it's over already? Extremely enthralling.

Based on what I've heard, I am going to give it another try. HBO seems to churn out winner after winner.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Based on what I've heard, I am going to give it another try. HBO seems to churn out winner after winner.
Yea, it's seems to be getting good reviews.

Reaction Score
I liked it a lot. Acting is phenomenal and I've never been a MM fan. A little too 'one tone' if it were a new long-running series but for what is essentially an 8hr movie I think it works. Book likely even better.

Reaction Score
Episode 2 left me lukewarm. MM continues to be great but I didn't really care for the male dominant viewpoint about WoodyH' marriage, mistress and 'complicated' feelings towards prostitutes. The 'rape scene' with his children's dolls was wrong in many ways. Feel like the story is being dragged out a bit and I'd rather wrap it up in 4 episodes vs 8. MM's character remains really interesting though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Episode 2 left me lukewarm.
Yea, I liked it, but not as much as Ep 1. Looks like some interesting stuff coming in Ep 3 though.

MM continues to be great MM's character remains really interesting though.
Very.

but I didn't really care for the male dominant viewpoint about WoodyH' marriage, mistress and 'complicated' feelings towards prostitutes.
Well the story is being told through Cohle and Hart's point of view, their interviews. So I think you are gonna get a male dominant viewpoint.

The 'rape scene' with his children's dolls was wrong in many ways.
That was weird. Wonder if they will come back to that at some point?? If it has some meaning in solving the case or something?

Still the wife and I are finding it very interesting. Can't wait til Sunday nights.

Reaction Score
You guys on this steered me towards yet another series I need to keep up with….watched the first 2 recently and I like it, a lot. Lot's of things to think about as you meet see new people, politicians etc etc….and as someone pointed out Woody's children and the dolls…rather scary set up, what will that lead to?

……but what I think about most from the 2 episodes is Woody's extra circular activities rack - very nice. DEEP if you like 'em real as you say, be sure to watch this episode! But don't wear it out…..

Thanks for the heads up this show is up my alley…...

Reaction Score
Why do I get the feeling that the current killing being investigated by the interviewer detectives is going to be pinned on either Woody's or Matt's charecter? Woody so much as said so during one of the questioning segments in episode 2.

Reaction Score
You guys on this steered me towards yet another series I need to keep up with….watched the first 2 recently and I like it, a lot. Lot's of things to think about as you meet see new people, politicians etc etc….and as someone pointed out Woody's children and the dolls…rather scary set up, what will that lead to?

……but what I think about most from the 2 episodes is Woody's extra circular activities rack - very nice. DEEP if you like 'em real as you say, be sure to watch this episode! But don't wear it out…..

Thanks for the heads up this show is up my alley…...
Woody's e.c.a.rack= Alexandra Daddario, actress from N.Y.C.

Reaction Score
Watched first two and cant decide if I like it yet. Going to stick with it but bit slow....highlights look good.

Reaction Score

The creator said that he's more concerned with character than with plot, and that most police cases start out slow, before they find a clue or lead that lets them zero in on a suspect. They're both flawed characters, portrayed by two actors at the top of their game.

Reaction Score
I love the character development. I like shows/movies that employ a good but progressive slow build. I agree with Coach Cap, I think the investigation is of Woody's Character.

I am already sold on this show.

Reaction Score
All in after #3………..

I'm guessing this is Woody they're on to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom