True Detective | Page 3 | The Boneyard

True Detective

Reaction Score
According to today's N.Y.Post, the will hit the fan with tonight's episode.

Reaction Score
whoever said this show will start out slow like an investigation, then go insane after a few clues get dropped was spot on. Woodys wife really surprised me this recent episode, not necessarily the actions but her motives. still can't tell how much truth the detectives are telling brother mouzone

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For any of you who happen to watch both True Detective and The Walking Dead, (which everyone should be) might have noticed that the girl who plays Hart's youngest daughter, also plays Lizzie on the Walking Dead. Brighton Sharbino.

Took me a couple minutes after I saw her to remember where I knew her from.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well we are right up to the end now. I figure either one or both of Marty and Rust, don't live through this. And I think Marty's ex and her family (and probably his daughter) are somehow involved. Maybe his ex father-in-law is one of the 5 masked guys along with the Tuttles?

What ever they do, can't wait. This series has been really, really good.

Reaction Score
I think Rust goes down in this last show. He hates what humans do he talked about what it would be like to be Jesus thinking about your own crucifixion before it happens. Talked about the awful circle of life and how he wants to cut the cord or something like that. I think he goes down fighting til his last breath.
Harrelson and McConaghey have been outstanding but mcconaghey is on fire. His character is so well written and he has acted it out perfectly. The guy is in top of the acting world right now.

Reaction Score
How the hell do they wrap this up in a one hour finale? The angles with Marty's daughter, the wife and in-laws, etc.... A lot of clues hidden in plan sight and not much time to resolve them all. I think this ends badly for Rust if not both of them.

HBO hits another homerun. Showtime and Stars must hate them. Imagine if HBO hadn't passed on Mad Men.

Reaction Score
I think Marty's ex and her family (and probably his daughter) are somehow involved. Maybe his ex father-in-law is one of the 5 masked guys along with the Tuttles.

Lots of online speculation that Marty's daughter is possibly a victim. His father in law could very well be one of the masked men in the video. The creative team loves to drop bread crumbs along the way, and you wonder why they made a point of showing that character earlier in the season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lots of online speculation that Marty's daughter is possibly a victim. His father in law could very well be one of the masked men in the video. The creative team loves to drop bread crumbs along the way, and you wonder why they made a point of showing that character earlier in the season.
There is a lot of internet chatter about the 5 guys on horses in the picture, the 5 Lone Star people Rust makes in the interview, the 5 toy men the daughter has around the naked Barbie. They all have to mean something, or why put them in there? Crumbs all over.

Reaction Score
How the hell do they wrap this up in a one hour finale? The angles with Marty's daughter, the wife and in-laws, etc.... A lot of clues hidden in plan sight and not much time to resolve them all. I think this ends badly for Rust if not both of them.

HBO hits another homerun. Showtime and Stars must hate them. Imagine if HBO hadn't passed on Mad Men.
They also passed on breaking bad as did show time, etc. show you how solid AMC has been

Reaction Score
They also passed on breaking bad as did show time, etc. show you how solid AMC has been

HBO ran off the road when Chris Albrecht left due to personal issues. They broadcast Sex and the City, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, The Wire, Band of Brothers, Entourage, etc. under him. The MM and BB decisions were made by his successors. They've got a really solid team in place now, with a great pipeline full of projects like True Detective.

"Difficult Men" by Brett Martin is an interesting read about the creation of those shows. (David Chase and Matthew Weiner really live up to the title).

BTW, Albrecht is at Starz now, where he hasn't been able to replicate his HBO success.

Reaction Score
They also made a point to show the personality shift the oldest daughter made. That scene when the girls are both cheerful cheerleaders fowards to the older daughter being as far from a happy cheerleader as possible. Even last week the quick drop that she is back on her medication. Children who suffer that type of abuse sometimes become "dark" and hyper sexual. Going from a his little girl to being found in a car having a threesome with two older guys...Has to be a reason she went from cheerleader to goth-nope in only a few years.

Reaction Score
Any chance the final episode is 2 hours? Does seem like it's a lot to wrap up in only an hour. I also think Maggie's father has to be involved. When we met her father on his back lawn he came across as a man of influence/affluence and he gave off a creepy religious vibe. Maggie's daughters with the dolls was another clue, the oldest daughter was acting out sexually and is medicated. Maggie's behavior has also been very strange, I don't think she hunted down Rust at the bar to make sure he keeps her ex husband safe. The guy on the mower seems to be the spaghetti monster but I'm still not clear on who the yellow king is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Any chance the final episode is 2 hours?

I wondered the same, but I just checked the HBO schedule and it seems that it's a normal 55-minute episode.

It will be a s--- storm - the anti-Walking Dead.

Reaction Score
I wondered the same, but I just checked the HBO schedule and it seems that it's a normal 55-minute episode.

It will be a s--- storm - the anti-Walking Dead.
Wow, yes it will.

Reaction Score
HBO ran off the road when Chris Albrecht left due to personal issues. They broadcast s e x and the City, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, The Wire, Band of Brothers, Entourage, etc. under him. The MM and BB decisions were made by his successors. They've got a really solid team in place now, with a great pipeline full of projects like True Detective.

"Difficult Men" by Brett Martin is an interesting read about the creation of those shows. (David Chase and Matthew Weiner really live up to the title).

BTW, Albrecht is at Starz now, where he hasn't been able to replicate his HBO success.
I don't know if Albrecht is in charge of them but da Vinci's Demons & Black Sails are two stellar productions on Starz. I'm also a fan of Magic City with its cast of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olga Kurylenko, Danny Hustin, Kelly Lynch et al.

Reaction Score
I don't know if Albrecht is in charge of them but da Vinci's Demons & Black Sails are two stellar productions on Starz. I'm also a fan of Magic City with its cast of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olga Kurylenko, Danny Hustin, Kelly Lynch et al.

I liked Magic City too, and also Boss. But we were apparently in the minority. Magic City was down to about 250K viewers at the end. Black Sails, though, is doing better.

Reaction Score
I liked Magic City too, and also Boss. But we were apparently in the minority. Magic City was down to about 250K viewers at the end. Black Sails, though, is doing better.
Boss was fantastic. According to the media, Kelsey Grammar got into some philosophical disagreement with STARZ in the direction of the show, so STARZ pulled the rug out from under him by cancelling the show. Supposedly it had no basis of viewership as a factor.

Reaction Score
Boss was fantastic. According to the media, Kelsey Grammar got into some philosophical disagreement with STARZ in the direction of the show, so STARZ pulled the rug out from under him by cancelling the show. Supposedly it had no basis of viewership as a factor.

The show was canceled for low ratings. The kerfuffle was that Grammar said he never got an Emmy for the role because he was a Republican.

Reaction Score
I started watching Black Sails and somehow I drifted away from it…..although the women are hot for the most part. Only saw the first 3 or 4 but couldn't latch on…..maybe I'll try again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom