Trey Patterson to announce June 18th | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Trey Patterson to announce June 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One issue with the rankings is class size. For example, Wojo has had the following class ranking: 18, 74, 108, 59, 22, 12,105, 7 (avg. 50th). The 108 class in 2018 was 1 scholarship and it went to Joey Hauser, a top 50 recruit. Roster balance skews the numbers over the short term, for example Hurley had to rebuild the roster when he took over, thus the ability to offer playing time at a storied program rejoining the Big East is an easier sell than backing up Markus Howard. Now UConn has a very deep team this year and it will be interesting to see the recruits Hurley can bring in with less playing time to go around. I suspect Xavier will be a victim of their own success this year (the '21 recruiting class), the past two classes were very strong, now in 2021 we don't have much immediate playing time to offer. Lastly, transfers should probably be accounted for in some capacity as transferring has become omnipresent.

This is a fun discussion and happy to have UConn joining the BE. We desperately needed a team that can win in March, the NBE has been carried by 'Nova with many programs underachieving in the tournament. Cough cough, Cooley, Wojo and McDermott.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It's all about wins and losses @PChoops. That hasn't started yet. All I can say is the majority of fans on the Boneyard are excited about DH, the direction of the program and the staff's ability to recruit. It's all conjecture now but I promise you that the UConn fan base is ready to support our team. Good things are happening in Storrs.

Reaction Score
One issue with the rankings is class size. For example, Wojo has had the following class ranking: 18, 74, 108, 59, 22, 12,105, 7 (avg. 50th). The 108 class in 2018 was 1 scholarship and it went to Joey Hauser, a top 50 recruit. Roster balance skews the numbers over the short term, for example Hurley had to rebuild the roster when he took over, thus the ability to offer playing time at a storied program rejoining the Big East is an easier sell than backing up Markus Howard. Now UConn has a very deep team this year and it will be interesting to see the recruits Hurley can bring in with less playing time to go around. I suspect Xavier will be a victim of their own success this year (the '21 recruiting class), the past two classes were very strong, now in 2021 we don't have much immediate playing time to offer. Lastly, transfers should probably be accounted for in some capacity as transferring has become omnipresent.

This is a fun discussion and happy to have UConn joining the BE. We desperately needed a team that can win in March, the NBE has been carried by 'Nova with many programs underachieving in the tournament. Cough cough, Cooley, Wojo and McDermott.
It's all about wins and losses @PChoops. That hasn't started yet. All I can say is the majority of fans on the Boneyard are excited about DH, the direction of the program and the staff's ability to recruit. It's all conjecture now but I promise you that the UConn fan base is ready to support our team. Good things are happening in Storrs.
If UConn is good, it's good for college basketball and the conference. I'm interested to see how you guys play against Butler and Creighton.

Reaction Score
That old PC board got pretty crazy 15-20 years ago. Then there was the UMess board during the years that Calhoun "was scared to play Calipari". ;)

Absolutely how could I forget the UMass board alexd

Reaction Score
Keep reading that he's a Nova lean, Danny has 2 weeks to make up the ground!

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t recruiting Patterson be in direct opposition to Nova getting Longino too? I think I would prefer the latter tbh.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t recruiting Patterson be in direct opposition to Nova getting Longino too? I think I would prefer the latter tbh.
Nova will have 4 or 5 scholarships open like us so could definitely take both. Hopefully we get one though

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Zero doubt that recruits are only able to see Boeheim's forehead and above during a Zoom as he spends half the time muted.

LMAO

Reaction Score

Completely different positions. If anything it would help to secure Longino. Talent likes to follow talent

Reaction Score
longino is a SG and patterson is a combo forward. i could see Nova sweeping diggins, longino, and patterson.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
No Longino is a big guard, Patterson plays in the paint.

Reaction Score
Next.

FWIW only three crystal ball picks are in for Patterson. And there's a new feature now for people making selections to indicate the confidence in their pick (10 being very confident) - the three picks have a confidence rating of 6, 6, 7 respectively. Jerry Meyer was a 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom